IGNORED

F1 Chat

• 4 weeks later...

I'm keeping up with the Shanghai GP because my favourite motorsport (MotoGP) dosen't continue until three weeks when the riders are in Jerez. I'm hoping that Button can come back after his dissapointing race in Sepang (which I believe was the first time he'd finished outside the points in some time) and hoping that Lewis can finish just behind him leaving McLaren 1 and 2.

In fact, forget that, just keep that cunt Vettel off the podium.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=328450 - Bahrain medi say David Cameron support's Bernie Ecclestone's decision to race in Bahrain.

Bahrain is proving to be controversial, a man was found dead earlier, I've read that he was shot and beat up (different sources).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/bahrain/9219007/Bahrain-analysis-how-Formula-One-plan-may-have-backfired-for-Gulf-kingdoms-ruling-family.html

Bahrain is proving to be controversial, a man was found dead earlier, I've read that he was shot and beat up (different sources).

http://www.telegraph...ing-family.html

Going on all the time though....just wouldn't have been news if the GP hadn't been happening, so it could be argued that the race is helping by putting the spotlight on the situation.

Not seen the race because I'm not really into F1 (unless its at a circuit that the MotoGP goes to) but it's sad to see Jenson so low down in the standings at Bahrain. I was hoping that he would finish in the points and give me something to cheer about - ah well.

And call me ignorant but why are the Bahrain locals kicking off so much about the race? Does it not bring in money through tourism, sales etc...?

was it about the race? i think it's just cos it's an international stage to have their protest..that's the message i got anyways.. as for button his exhaust cracked i think they said...shame really i'm a real button fan..much more preferable to hamilton

I think it's about the race yeah, on the news some of the banners said 'dont drive your cars on our blood' or something like that. It sounded as if having the race in Bahrain was somehow making their living conditions worse (the only thing I can think of is the cost to make the circuit means that their living conditions go down).

As for Button/Hamilton I'm a Button fan too. Whenever I watch the F1 I want him to win because he seems a really nice guy and is obviously in a McLaren and comes from the UK. As for Hamilton I support him because he's in a McLaren and British but personality wise I think he's a bit of a cock (his girlfriend is over-rated too).

As for Button/Hamilton I'm a Button fan too. Whenever I watch the F1 I want him to win because he seems a really nice guy and is obviously in a McLaren and comes from the UK. As for Hamilton I support him because he's in a McLaren and British but personality wise I think he's a bit of a cock (his girlfriend is over-rated too).

Same as the top half, but I can't support Hamilton. For me he has the cuntish ego of Alonso but less talent.

Lotus got a bit lucky y'day, could make for the most competitive season in a while.

It's human rights issues in Bahrain. There have been protests going on because the public are unhappy with the way the royal family runs the country, basically pissing all over them because they can. One person described the race as "the Bahrain royal family throwing a party inside the race track while a civil war goes on on the other side of the fence".

I think it's an abomination that they went there at all, because in truth, by joining the "party" with the royal family, they showed support for the regime. That's just my opinion, many people differ. The race was crap anyway, and Vettel won with the Mclarens completely screwing up, so they should just wipe it from the championship :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hamilton relegated from pole to last... *chuckles*.

Not a fan of Hamilton. He's English so I'll support him as much as I can but he is a bit of a prick. He'll do nothing from the back of the grid and from an outsider looking in the team is like Pete said an absolute farce, I'll expect an interesting race for tomorrow.