IGNORED

F1 Chat

What an absolute plonker! This kid is somehow more marketable than Button.

Lewis Hamilton@LewisHamilton

Just noticed @jensonbutton unfollowed, thats a shame. After 3 years as teammates, I thought we respected one another but clearly he doesn't.

Funny thing is, we are STILL teammates! All good tho, I plan on giving this team & fans all I got til I cross the finish line in brazil!!!

My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!

I feel sorry for the drivers, having to wake up so early and then having to complete a race.

You know the world has different time zones don't you?! Korea are 8hrs ahead of us - pretty sure races start at a set local time wherever they are.

You're taking the piss aren't you?

I hope you're joking? They earn millions ffs.

You know the world has different time zones don't you?! Korea are 8hrs ahead of us - pretty sure races start at a set local time wherever they are.

You're taking the piss aren't you?

Yeah I was being sarcastic mate, I'm not that dim!

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading about Jim Clarke in the BBC's all time driver list (he came 3rd).....

"In the 1960 race (in Belgium), only Clark's second grand prix, Stirling Moss - whose mantle as the best of his time Clark would soon inherit - was badly injured in a crash in qualifying at the fast Burnenville right-hander."

"In the grand prix the next day, Clark very nearly ran over the beheaded body of Chris Bristow, killed in a crash at the same corner. Later in the race, Clark's team-mate Alan Stacey was killed at Malmedy."

The race carries on despite a driver being decapitated (and another one dying in less flamboyant style)ohmy.png .

Can remember the newsflash about Clarke's death in '68...TV programme interrupted (unheard of). Funny the things that stick in the memorysad.png .

• 3 weeks later...

Jenson won though Mike. dry.png

Yup....but him and Hulkenberg were forty five seconds (more than two full pit stops) clear after making the right (and brave) decision to stay on slicks. The safety car brought them back to the field. Hamilton shouldn't have been in it.

Happy with the end result of course, other than Vettel winning the championship; can still find no explanation as to why he was allowed to get away with the overtake under yellowdont know.gif . Surprised Ferrari haven't protested.

Interesting stat (and proving my prediction when Jenson left Brawn/Mercedes wrong I'm happy to say)....

He'll struggle to keep up with Hamilton I fear....

McLaren points in the three Hamilton/Button years....

Jenson...672

Lewis...657

Strange that Hamilton is still considered one of the "big three" while Jenson is never mentioned.....particularly when you add in the fact that Lewis was invariably ahead on the grid.