IGNORED

F1 Chat

OK here's a question.

Given that F1 bosses have said that the new World Champ's father gets to wave the chequered flag today (LINK) what's going to happen if Massa's leading into the final lap, Hamilton fifth with Alonso half a second behind in sixth?

Mr Massa and Mr Hamilton have tug-off ( :o ) to see who gets to hold the flag :P ?

One thing that's pissing me off more than a little is the huge deal being made (on 5live this morning for eg) that Hamilton's "black," and what a great thing it'll be for the black community if he wins it.

Firstly he's about as far removed from what they mean when they say black community (inner city, gang ghetto stuff) as Michael Jackson is.

And secondly he's mixed race....his mother's white. If people started going on about what a great thing it would be for the "white" community if he won there'd be uproar and screams of racism.

Anyway. my last word on the matter....may the best Brazilian win :lol::lol: (though I'm fairly confident Lewis will do it).

Am in two minds about this one. Didn't want Hamilton to win but now he has I'm kinda' pleased with him. After all he is British, just hope he's not arragant with this win.

I was really cheering when Massa crossed the line in first thought that Hamilton may slip up on the last lap and he did. Glock got past him and managed to hold him off well. Really surprised when Hamilton got past him. He finished four seconds behind Lewis. Glock managed to stay in 6th I think.

Feel sorry for Massa. His team and family were cheering in the pits and I think they had told him that the World Championship was his, they obviously hadn't noticed Glock going wide on the penultimate corner. Massa crying on the podium. Really feel sorry for the guy, I'm sure he'll win next time round. He would have this year if his car would have been better mechanical wise.

Edited by dark

I was really cheering when Massa crossed the line in first thought that Hamilton may slip up on the last lap and he did. Glock got past him and managed to hold him off well. Really surprised when Hamilton got past him. He finished four seconds behind Lewis. Glock managed to stay in 6th I think.

Intersting point of view dark.....but that wasn't what happened :mellow: .

what a finish that was I thought it was very funny when his family were all celebrating and till someone told them, reminded me abit of when everton score then it gets disallowed but people are still celebratating.

:lol:

I know I saw that and found it kinda' funny. Seeing Ferrari cheering only to realise that they'd lost :D

Intersting point of view dark.....but that wasn't what happened :mellow: .

In what way? Glock got round Hamilton, Hamilton got round Glock and won?

:lol:

I know I saw that and found it kinda' funny. Seeing Ferrari cheering only to realise that they'd lost :D

In what way? Glock got round Hamilton, Hamilton got round Glock and won?

Glock got ahead of Hamilton in the pit stops, he didn't pass him racing. Hamilton slipped up 2 laps from the end, not on the last lap.

Glock got ahead of Hamilton in the pit stops, he didn't pass him racing. Hamilton slipped up 2 laps from the end, not on the last lap.

...and it was Vettel who got past Hamilton on the track....two laps from the end. Glock at no time held Hamilton off....neither did Vettel come to that....Hamilton seemed to have no pace.

what a frustrating race... the most annoying thing for me was kubica... a lap behind and he feels like taking on vettel and hamilton in the middle of a championship race...not only that but hamilton lets him pass? because he let him pass he allowed vettel to catch and then take him on the inside... couldn't believe that decision.... very very lucky in the end i was so annoyed when he let kubica past... deserved championship though and it was worth th wait i feel happy for him and i feel glad to have seen nicole jumping for joy...i bet shes going to give him some amazing action tonight

When it came down to it (as far as Hamilton knew) he had a two lap race against Vettel to win the championship and he lost it.

Shows a serious failing somewhere, that's two years running he'd have thrown it away if Glock could have just kept going.

But as his dad said, "I believed in God. I believed that right would come through."

Divine interevention then :rolleyes: .

Was Glock just stupid or something more sinister? Apparently Glock lost a 23 second lead in the last lap?

He wasn't stupid and it wasn't sinister, just that he and Trulli (his team-mate) were the only two that took the risk and stayed on dry tyres when it started raining at the end. It nearly worked but on the last lap they both were struggling and went round in 1.44 (within a tenth of each other).

Hamilton's last lap was a 1.26 and as he beat Glock by five seconds in the end 23 so seconds is about right.

No conspiracy (though Hamilton fans would doubtless have found one had he lost....Enzo Ferrari got God to make it rain or something equally plausible) or stupidity. The rain (and his inability to beat Vettel) appeared to have taken the title off Hamilton, but then it gave it back to him.

Perhaps he really does have god in the car with him :mellow: ?

He won't win it again though B) .

• 3 weeks later...

BBC have announced their team for next year >>>Here<<<

Pleased they've given Brundle a job personally, and I like Eddie Jordan. Coulthard's grown on me in recent years also.

Jonathan Legard will be OK as commentator I think, Jake Humphrey's a bit of a gamble anchoring it though I'd have thought. He's done OK on the occasional Football Focus and at the Olympics but he's still only just out of CBBC....but maybe people without kids aren't aware of that.

Can only be a step up from ITV's coverage though...bring it on!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

BMW Sauber Season In Numbers

Think Formula One racing and the numbers that normally spring to mind are power outputs, top speeds and budgets. But numerically speaking there is far more than meets the eye to the average Grand Prix season. Did you know, for example, that brake discs can reach temperatures of up to 1000 degrees Celsius? Or that it takes around 40 hours to assemble a gearbox? BMW Sauber reveal some of the more surprising facts and figures from their 2008 season, as they continue to prepare for their '09 campaign...

- A driver sheds an average of two kilos in weight per Grand Prix.

- Formula One tyres may heat up to 130 degrees Celsius. Beyond this level, there is an increased risk of blistering.

- The exhaust reaches temperatures of up to 950 degrees Celsius.

- After a race, it takes the team at least eight working hours to dismantle the car, test and replace individual components, and reassemble the car.

Read On - Interesting Facts

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen on telly that after the 2010 season there going to slash the teams budgets by 50% which will cause abit of uproar. I am not see keen on the new changes they have made to this years cars with the taller and ompact rear spoilers and flat front spoiler they look more like formula three cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ4bOi48ZCo...37E&index=0

If you let the clips role through it shows you each teams cars for this season

Just seen on telly that after the 2010 season there going to slash the teams budgets by 50% which will cause abit of uproar.

Hopefully will level the field a bit though :) .

Think the new cars will be fine; whatever changes the authorities impose the teams overcome and seem to keep getting faster.

Honda is now BRAWN GP. <<link.

bgp001-1.jpgbgp001-6.jpg