IGNORED

F1 Chat

does the start of the season show that ferrari are at a total loss without Brawn running the show?

everyone seems to be backing BrawnGP, i dont want them to cover the car with sponsors though, it looks great as it is.

Brawn wasn't there last season I don't think and they did fine then.

I'm backing Brawn though, it's a good story.

I turned the race on just as they had stopped. Jenson was sitting in 1st place and I was wondering what the hell was going on. It wasn't long before the camera's went round the circuit showing how much rain was being put down. I'm supporting Button this season because he's British and down the the fact that he's on that Brawn and making history.

Never really liked Hamilton and have got even more pissed of with him and his team for what they've done this season. Once one team starts to challenge them they go down the path of cheating...pathetic? I guess not much of it is down to Hamilton but I guess he gets the bad press all the same as McLaren do.

Did anyone see the supporters during the race being abandoned? There was a hill on the side of the Sepang circuit where four lads were sliding down on their backs. Our camera's caught it all, great to watch. :lol:

McLaren have sacked Dave Ryan (spot the scapegoat) and have been summoned to appear before the FIA on 29th April.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7988471.stm

How they can sack Ryan after 35 years but do nothing to Hamilton when they both stood before the stewards in Australia and backed each other up is beyond me. It's bullshit, we're supposed to believe Hamilton is the little boy just going along with it!? Stinks.

McLaren have sacked Dave Ryan (spot the scapegoat) and have been summoned to appear before the FIA on 29th April.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7988471.stm

How they can sack Ryan after 35 years but do nothing to Hamilton when they both stood before the stewards in Australia and backed each other up is beyond me. It's bullshit, we're supposed to believe Hamilton is the little boy just going along with it!? Stinks.

He won't be a little boy lost when the FIA get hold of him Mike, his lying arse won't touch the ground :angry:

The limit on funds allowed to the teams to develope their cars levels the playing field a bit and it shows now that Ferrari and McClaren are not as talented as we were all led to believe.

Good for the "smaller" teams I say. I will be happpy as Larry if Brawn win the title.

Speculation that Anthony Hamilton has...

..struck some sort of ’plea bargain’ (with Max Mosley) which would see Hamilton granted amnesty against further action in exchange for ’coming clean’.

He's also said to be furious that Lewis' integrity has been called into question.

So if he didn't lie and his integrity is intact what does he have to come clean about :huh: ?

Ross Brawn not looking a happy man after coming out of the diffuser hearing today....

Reporter "Did you get a fair hearing?"

Brawn (stoney faced) "No comment I'm afraid."

Hmmm....can understand him not commenting on what he thinks the verdict will be but to refuse to acknowledge that it had been fair is mighty worrying :( .

Flavio Briatore is like a poor batch of wine, full of sour grapes. This man is the major shareholder in QPR, enough said he is becoming an expert loser and sounds like it as well :P

Mate of mine's a big QPR fan, apparently Briatore is playing the "I pick the team" card, even phoned from Malaysia at half time a couple of weeks back to instruct the manager on substitutions :rolleyes: .

Brawn would have won a dry race yesterday, but I like Vettel a lot so good for him.

how can he critisise the other teams for winning?

the reason ferarri, mclaren & renault aren't at the top of the tables is because they have simply not been good enough! buck your ideas up and catch them up, or take your loses with dignity!

SteveO, I don't think you understand just how much this technology affects a car's performance. The implementations FIA made this year were in order to level the playing field, so that all teams would be more on equal grounds than previously, where the big names like williams, renault, mclaren and ferrari dominated.

The limitations that were imposed were designed to facilitate overtaking, because the cars would be less aerodynamic, but this dissipator pretty much circumvents that, allowing for a faster air dissipation and a smaller succion effect behind them, meaning faster turns and the overtaking effect is essencially negated.

What these 3 teams did was, by a now clearly visible flaw in the lettering of the law, circumvented it altogether.

But don't worry, teams like ferrari, mclaren and renault will pretty soon have their own copied dissipators, smaller teams won't, because they don't have the proper funds for a fast introduction, but by then it'll probably be too late.

I like Button, a lot more than I like Hamilton, that's for sure, but the fact is, that simple piece of technology allows pilots to go 0,5 to 1 second faster, and the laws FIA introduced were to level the playing field.

Of course, the big guns that are complaining, I don't doubt for a second they'd have used it as well, if they'd come up with the idea and had it legaly tested to the limits, like these did, so yeah, in that regard, it's hipocrisy on their part, but the effect it has on the sport is not.

SteveO, I don't think you understand just how much this technology affects a car's performance. The implementations FIA made this year were in order to level the playing field, so that all teams would be more on equal grounds than previously, where the big names like williams, renault, mclaren and ferrari dominated.

The limitations that were imposed were designed to facilitate overtaking, because the cars would be less aerodynamic, but this dissipator pretty much circumvents that, allowing for a faster air dissipation and a smaller succion effect behind them, meaning faster turns and the overtaking effect is essencially negated.

What these 3 teams did was, by a now clearly visible flaw in the lettering of the law, circumvented it altogether.

But don't worry, teams like ferrari, mclaren and renault will pretty soon have their own copied dissipators, smaller teams won't, because they don't have the proper funds for a fast introduction, but by then it'll probably be too late.

I like Button, a lot more than I like Hamilton, that's for sure, but the fact is, that simple piece of technology allows pilots to go 0,5 to 1 second faster, and the laws FIA introduced were to level the playing field.

Of course, the big guns that are complaining, I don't doubt for a second they'd have used it as well, if they'd come up with the idea and had it legaly tested to the limits, like these did, so yeah, in that regard, it's hipocrisy on their part, but the effect it has on the sport is not.

What you say is of course correct S4E but that technology has proven to be legal. Briatore is actually showing his poor sportsmanship with the comments he has made....................why moan when they have done nothing wrong, the answer lies with the man rather than the technology

What you say is of course correct S4E but that technology has proven to be legal. Briatore is actually showing his poor sportsmanship with the comments he has made....................why moan when they have done nothing wrong, the answer lies with the man rather than the technology

exactly - no rules were broken. not button, barrichello or brawns fault that other teams didnt work this one out as well as they did. hes making out they should say sorry for winning races!

Well, yes and no. The tech is indeed legal, but it's a loophole, so to speak. They used the letter of the law, not the spirit. I'm not saying they were wrong, it's FIA's fault, for not seeing what might come out, especially when the teams started to really make sure they weren't breaking the law, just bending it as far as it would go.

As for Briatore's remarks, I agree. If his team had come up with the tech, he'd use it in a heartbeat, like ferrari and all the others, and they know it too, which is why they aren't bitching like this.

But that doesn't change the fact that, when the other teams like mclaren, renault and ferrari get their dissipators in working condition, the championship will probably be settled, and FIA's plans to level the race track, as it were, were completely ruined by this. It's not the team's fault, it's FIA, for leaving enough room for this to happen.

It's a much more level playing field this year than last as it stands, so in that respect the new rules have worked perfectly. Red Bull don't have the split level diffuser and they seem to be coping :) .

Also, Ross Brawn attempted to point out the loophole at a constructors meeting months ago and no-one was interested, said they wanted the rules left as they were.

It's a much more level playing field this year than last as it stands, so in that respect the new rules have worked perfectly. Red Bull don't have the split level diffuser and they seem to be coping :) .

Also, Ross Brawn attempted to point out the loophole at a constructors meeting months ago and no-one was interested, said they wanted the rules left as they were.

Rain races are always a coin toss ;)

Didn't know about that meeting...

Rain races are always a coin toss ;)

Didn't know about that meeting...

The Red Bull's were very close to Brawn in qualfying though, which was dry. They're good cars with good drivers (Vettel in particular).

The meeting was actually more than a year ago (http://www.patronisef1.com/index.php/f1-ne...-about-loophole) and Mike Gascoyne, who was working for the BBC on Sunday in the absence of Eddie Jordan, was there and confirmed what Brawn had said.

The Red Bull's were very close to Brawn in qualfying though, which was dry. They're good cars with good drivers (Vettel in particular).

The meeting was actually more than a year ago (http://www.patronisef1.com/index.php/f1-ne...-about-loophole) and Mike Gascoyne, who was working for the BBC on Sunday in the absence of Eddie Jordan, was there and confirmed what Brawn had said.

Just read it. In all fairness he didn't say there was a loophole, he said that the rules could be made simpler, and that would have cleaned up a lot of issues. ;)

but I get his point, he made his pitch regarding the problem with the law, and they didn't listen, so it's not his fault.

Amazing that only 1.4 seconds cover the whole field in second practice for Bahrain. Also amazing that the five slowest are..

16. Ferrari

17. Sauber

18. Ferrari

19. McLaren

20. Sauber

What a change in fortune!

Race (and grid) still likely to be between Brawn and Red Bull though :) .