IGNORED

Tim Howard Signs Permanently

Louis

Tim Howard - One Toffee that's sticking aroundEverton have announced that a deal has been completed with Manchester United to make Tim Howard a permanent addition to the Club's ranks.

Everton have agreed an undisclosed fee with the Old Trafford outfit for the US international goalkeeper.

Howard has committed his long-term future to the Blues with a five year deal that will run until 2012 and begins at the end of the season.

The 27-year-old arrived at Goodison last summer on a season-long loan, establishing himself as David Moyes' first choice keeper.

He has made 27 appearances for the Toffees, keeping an impressive 11 clean sheets.

Howard told evertonTV exclusively: "The Club share my ambition, that is for sure - the manager does and so do the fans.

"I was drawn to the Club for a number of reasons and the players in the dressing room are one of them."

Although the transfer window is currently shut, Premier League rules permit domestic loan deals to be made permanent outside the window.

By moving now for the goalkeeper, Everton have ensured one of the Premiership's most consistent performers will remain at Goodison for the peak years of his career.

Everton boss David Moyes told evertonfc.com: "We are delighted to have Tim Howard. He has come in this season and proved he is a good keeper and we are pleased to have secured him."

Howard has earned 16 international caps for the USA, with the most recent coming in a 2-0 victory over Mexico last week.

He's still on loan from Man Utd until end of the season. The very second the loan expires he is then 100% our player. Rumours suggest that we've written off some of the Rooney transfer cash to sign him.

Man Utd goalkeeping coach Tony Coton said he can be better than Schmeichel.. here's hoping.

It's also a good move as the club intend to enhance the clubs reputation in USA and Canada and what better way than to sign one of their continent's best players.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was shocked when it came up on SSN, i was watching that channel then the yellow bar came up then the words "everton have signed..." at first i thought fernandes for some reason. Very glad we have sercured howard. this will hopefully encourage tim and micky to stay as we are now building a really decent team

He's still on loan from Man Utd until end of the season. The very second the loan expires he is then 100% our player.

Presumably that means he won't be able to play against Manure at Goodison in April....shame :( . Teflon's last stand anyone (although I'm sure most would prefer Turner or Ruddy)?

Guest blueboy122

great news now in the summer we need to get some more players lik a right mid and a left mid also swap beattie for someone maybe robbie keane or marlon harewood?

Still Great News Building Are Team Up Now

I think it's a good deal all around, Tim Howard likes it here, we like him, he's popular in US Soccer and I can see him being pivotal in boosting awareness of Everton in North America. I think he's been signed as more of a marketing tool than as a player, just as well he's the best keeper we have had since Martyn and before that Southall.

Media sources today reporting a figure of 3 million.

What private arrangements between the clubs veesavee payment & deal structure is unknown.

That sounds about right. It's great to finally sign him. Now we can draw our attention to other needs come summer.

Very shocked when I saw it as wasn't expecting it.

Good bit of business.

Is £3m a bit to much for him? We paid that for Wright.

He has kept 11 clean sheets out of 27 we needed a new goal keeper. Have we paid any money or have we knocked off some of the stuff we might get from Rooney in the future (he is meant to be signing a new contract which is another bit of money for us)

All in all very good bit of business... At the monent. Never can tell what players will be like later on.

he wasnt 4th choice. van der sar was 1st, then they had kushack on loan (permenant move in the pipeline) and ben foster. they've just let him move on, whats thr problem?

i love evertonians

though im sure one day we might have a team where people wont complain about us securing the future of one of our best players this season.

i wonder if you'll complain if lescott or AJ sign a contract extention