IGNORED

We're Shite At 4-4-2

Steve L

With AJ in it works well with having him play upfront by himself. With Beattie it is tough because isnt the type of striker that works well on his own. Goals will be hard to come by with Beattie alone up top in my opinion. I guess the formation really depends on the lineup

Like the rest of you no doubt, I'm fucking raging at this result. Yep, we were missing key players in AJ & Cahill and of course we're struggling to get the likes of Hibbert out there. But YET AGAIN the club get themselves into a half decent position and then completely blow it.

I agree totally that under Moyes we can only play 4-5-1 - mates of mine think it is an inherently negative formation, but not necessarily and lets face it every time we open up a bit with a 4-4-2 we come unstuck.

I expect a big performance on Saturday.

Fucking shambles.

And as for Spurs, they are now definately the 2nd team I really want results against from now on. Our record against them is laughable.

Sort it out Everton. And let's hope that by August we have built the next few pieces of the jigsaw so that we offload the likes of Naysmith, VDM and Wright and bring in no less than 5 players of decent quality.

Christ, I'm raging.

We know we're shite playing 4-4-2 so why keep tryin' it?

We're far stronger and more attacking with 5 across the mid as we always have an allowance for one of them to push on.

Just can't understand the sense in us playing weaker!

Opinions?

your spot on mate!

i agree 100%

we dont have strong enough midfielders to play 442

moyes tactics and substitutes were fucking appaling, im loosing patience with him and fast he has progressed the club since he got there and im grateful like every opther evertonian but i feel he has took them as far as he can go

anyone agree

he lacks ambition he knew if we won last nite it would help amensely to qualifiying for europe but he fucked it up IMO we need someone else in am sorry but moyes fucks up to much especially when it comes to tactics ambition and transfers

Ive said what I had to say in the Matchday thread

But, to reiterate, ive never seen the Goodison crowd turn so much on a substitution

that was a big issue imo

you could see our lads hads drop when the booing started and the spurs players reacted to it, grew in confidence.

i dont think its the worst sub ive ever seen (tactically) but the reaction speaks for itself

i agree his subs are rubbish, but i still think hes the best man for the job AT THE MOMENT.

i think the biggest problem we still have is the size of the squad, but we cant afford to have 3 or 4 players on the bench earning 30k+ a week

But we do have them already, VDM, PISTONE, TEFLON, BEATTIE, and to a lesser extent. NAYSMITH.

THESE PLAYERS ARE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH, AND WE NEED TO UPRADE THIS LOT IF WE INTEND TO IMPROVE.

But we do have them already, VDM, PISTONE, TEFLON, BEATTIE, and to a lesser extent. NAYSMITH.

THESE PLAYERS ARE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH, AND WE NEED TO UPRADE THIS LOT IF WE INTEND TO IMPROVE.

you think pisto and nace are are on big money? come on licker, everton maybe be run by idiots but i doubt that!

What do you consider BIG money Steve. ??? Even if they are only on 20 grand a week thats one million pounds a year, Times that by those five players over the last two seasons, and what have we had in return for that £10 million.

With Beatties 6m fee and VDMs 1.5 m fee, (and im sure those two are on more) we are looking at close to £20 milion. :blink:

Is'nt that what you'd call BIG MONEY. :o:o for some very poor players who never perform.

What do you consider BIG money Steve. ??? Even if they are only on 20 grand a week thats one million pounds a year, Times that by those five players over the last two seasons, and what have we had in return for that £10 million.

With Beatties 6m fee and VDMs 1.5 m fee, (and im sure those two are on more) we are looking at close to £20 milion. :blink:

Is'nt that what you'd call BIG MONEY. :o:o for some very poor players who never perform.

i mean more laong the lines of taking a look around some of the other squads near us, how many players do spurs, newcastle, villa, liverpool, arsenal, have not playing earning more money than most of our players?

the problem we have is that the squad isnt big enough, but i dont think we can actually afford to have a bigger squad yet, maybe after the tv money starts