IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Someone hold my coat, we need to take this outside😂

Bring it old man!

Just don’t hit me, I break easily. Usually without anyone’s help...

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And know Sabre lights or Ray guns allowed. 

Is this you talking fancy or has autocorrect done you over?

57 minutes ago, Bill said:

Another programme originally made for Kids, the minute i hear the intro i switch off. Not sure but i think it started off on kids TV, still for kids.

Nope. Never kid's TV.

"The programme was originally intended to appeal to a family audience as an educational programme using time travel as a means to explore scientific ideas and famous moments in history."

Seriously those that have missed out on the joy of it from 1963 are the losers in my opinion (not singleing you out Bill because I respect and accept your view).

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Dr Who Maybe didn't start out on kids TV but it was aimed at kids, and still is.

Children's programmes on the BBC are shown on CBBC nowadays Bill, not prime time Sunday evening on BBC1. It's aimed at families (but not at grouch-bags;)).

List of BBC kids progs has animated versions on it but not the real thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BBC_children's_television_programmes#D

• 5 weeks later...

Saw 1917 today and was disappointed given the reviews I've seen. The "one take" way they did it was clever but for me it didn't convey the true horror of the time, and at times it was very pedestrian with the odd pointless scene thrown in as well.

Shame because I was looking forward to it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Catching up with Star Wars - Picard, watched the first two or three when they were first aired but then forgot about it for some reason. Very enjoyable but stunned by one thing in particular!

Jeri Ryan hasn't aged a bit, incredible for a woman in her fifties.

16 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i finished it, it was alright.  first season was excellent but i felt the other seasons never really lived up to that again.  

Currently watching - High Fidelity (Hulu show not the movie) and Devs.  Both are excellent.

That's what I'm worried about. The first season was really good, and the second season was too but not as good. I hope it doesn't continue that trend. 

I plan to start Westworld over next. I've seen the first season but not the 2nd and 3rd. 

6 hours ago, Sibdane said:

That's what I'm worried about. The first season was really good, and the second season was too but not as good. I hope it doesn't continue that trend. 

I plan to start Westworld over next. I've seen the first season but not the 2nd and 3rd. 

The third season of TMITHC is the final one so I’m hoping it’s good.

I watch Westworld and am up to date on it but despite being in the third season (and last as well) I still can’t work out if I even like it. 

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I watch Westworld and am up to date on it but despite being in the third season (and last as well) I still can’t work out if I even like it. 

Gave up on Westworld very quickly, not a fan at all; just watched the final episode of Picard, liked it a lot other than one ridiculous scene in an earlier episode. Won't detail but no idea what the director was thinking.

50 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

So far, so good on the third season. 

...And that's how I felt about the first season of Westworld. I was interested when it first came out but I have been able to motivate myself to watch the other seasons for some reason. 

In between watching Boardwalk Empire again I watched the Start of Stan Lees Lucky Man, I'm not very keen on Nesbit as a serious actor but I think he's brilliant in this. So much so that I've just started the second series, worth watching if you haven't seen it.

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

In between watching Boardwalk Empire again I watched the Start of Stan Lees Lucky Man, I'm not very keen on Nesbit as a serious actor but I think he's brilliant in this. So much so that I've just started the second series, worth watching if you haven't seen it.

The first series of Lucky Man was excellent but didn’t find the second as good, so dipped out of it early on. 

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

Wife has watched Boardwalk Empire god knows how many times but I just can't get into it, I find the acting really wooden personally but I know many (wife included) love it.

I'm actually finding it hard to get excited by anything the way things are; feels (for me) a bit like time spent in hospital and bored to tears but doing anything seems like too much hard work. Completely counter-intuitive I know but it must be something in my psyche, the one thing I have achieved is expanding my family tree back to 1751 which is eight generations back now.👍

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Any surprises Mike that’s a long way back. 

Not really analysed it a lot yet Palf; the software I'm using has provided a couple of chunks of hits so it now has 115 people on it going back in one branch to one William White born in 1751. I've got a bit of Inman in me (Cold Mountain anyone?) and also some Sharp, must get in touch with cousin Graeme!:P

29 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not really analysed it a lot yet Palf; the software I'm using has provided a couple of chunks of hits so it now has 115 people on it going back in one branch to one William White born in 1751. I've got a bit of Inman in me (Cold Mountain anyone?) and also some Sharp, must get in touch with cousin Graeme!:P

So you’re Scottish then😁