IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
kicking & screaming - will ferrell teaching kids how to play footy, rubbish!

this is england - out on dvd now so i had to get it, great first time round, great second time too. and im sure one of the lads in it is now in emerdale

Yes he is, Elliah Dingle, sad but true it is the law in my house that Emmerdale is on at 7pm every fookin night

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first episode of the new series of Prison Break, acting is as poor as ever by it's entertaining enough. Wife's got addicted to Stargate Atlantis since we got Sky a couple of months back. Not bad but I'd like to see the first episode so I know what's going on...it's all a bit confusing for a man of my advancing years :lol: .

• 3 weeks later...

Watched a Flik on Weekend an Aussie job. " Bra Boys" Narrated by Russel Crowe.

Tiz the tale of an inner city Surf gang & takes in the story of the Abberton Brothers. (Sunny, Jai & Koby) Koby is currently a Pro surfer Sunny An ex.

This is not a surf flick, more a story of localism, cultural diversity & the school of hard knocks.

Takes in the histroy of Marourbra (bra) the war they had with Police, Mum shoooting up smack , violence, racial riots & the infamous Murder case the Abberton brothers were involved with a cple of years go. Jai killed a guy & Koby got slapped with accesorie charges etc.

Damn good tale.

" I Am My Brothers Keeper "

Wortha look

Just taking a very quick flick through this topic and some ideas for people;

1) 24. If you haven't watched it, you should. Absolute class. Got to start at Series 1 though! Best way to watch it is by watching 4 episodes or so in each sitting. ou may just find yourself watching 7 hours or so in one go! Basically action combined with political dealing.

2) Borat. Very funny.

3) Hotel Rwanda - someone mentined it early on in this thread. Has depth and is an important film but very watchable also. Likewise "The Killing Fields" is fab.

4) A film called "Basic". Travolta and Samuel L Jackson. This was surprisingly good in my view and rarely gets a mention. Give it a try. Suspense thriller based on armed forces. Deception etc.

Nothing particularly new or revealing given here, but if someone gets a bit of enjoyment from them, then job done.

If you like thriller books then Tami Hoag is good and a legal thriller called "Rule of Law" by Dexter Dias is also good, but thats books now! If you like a GOOD footy book look out for 1 called "Playing at Home" by John Aizlewood - basically saw a home game at every league ground in 97-98 but combines it with observations of the towns or grounds.

I will shut up now!

Regards,

Phil

1408 -> John Cusack/Sam L Jackson + Steven King Adaptation = Potential.

Waste of 1 hr 56 mins of me life :(

Bloody hell, was lookin forward to that

Never mind

Watched the bourne ultimatum, great film, although more of the same as the first two