IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Pulp Fiction, one of the best films of all time. Id say top 10 easy

Some would see it as over exaggerated hyperbole (so often consistent with a Tarantino release) but you can say that about a lot of movies such as Titanic, Saving Private Ryan and The Matrix etc.

seen it a few times, it was a good first and even second watch but the appeal quickly wears off. Bruce Wills is featured, but is involved so infrequently it was a waste of a good actor. All I remember right now is the hold-up at the diner with Tim Roth and the woman, I don't remember her real name.

I hate that stupid dance with Travolta and Uma Thurman.

If you want to see a good Travolta release, I'd suggest Broken Arrow or Face/Off or even Phenomenon. An actor of caliber, I think he was wasted in Pulp Ficton. His Vincent Vega character wasn't all that memorable and Samuel L Jackson stole most of the show that year. I don't know many Uma Thurman movies. Kill Bill would be one, but haven't seen that, or any of the subsequent releases.

If you want to see a good Travolta release, I'd suggest Broken Arrow or Face/Off or even Phenomenon. An actor of caliber, I think he was wasted in Pulp Ficton. His Vincent Vega character wasn't all that memorable and Samuel L Jackson stole most of the show that year. I don't know many Uma Thurman movies. Kill Bill would be one, but haven't seen that, or any of the subsequent releases.

cant believe you rate Phenomenon or the other two.

Broken Arrow is actually a very good release (as is the 1950s film with James Stewart) and Face/Off needs no introduction. The only thing that spoils the latter is Nicolas Cage. One damn annoying and irritating 'actor'. Saw The Rock a week or two ago and he almost spoilt the whole fucking movie. Best moments were, whenever he was off screen.

Pulp Fiction has reached iconic status, granted, and while the others can't quite compare in overall 'entertainment', still worthwhile watches. Some say Jackie Brown was the best work he ever directed. Fair enough.

Prefer Jackie Brown to PF personally....but Django is better than both for me.

Star Trek The Original Series

CBS is a most belligerent, if not awful piece of shit TV station, but been a Trek fan for decades and always tune in to see the original faces and never try to miss an episode. Saw some of the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine but it was never the same. I didn't go to see 'Into Darkness' the recent theater release. Just can't recognize what they've done to the franchise anymore.

Man of Steel is amazing. Quite tempted to go and see it again.

It's awesome. Very sci-fi but it works and doesn't alienate (get it) the general audience.

Loved the full back story, we finally find out what happens on Krypton (Snyder's imagining) something criminally left out of all the other superman films.

Thought the acting in general was terrific, some moments lose momentum but all in all, very very good effort by the 'team'.

It's awesome. Very sci-fi but it works and doesn't alienate (get it) the general audience.

Loved the full back story, we finally find out what happens on Krypton (Snyder's imagining) something criminally left out of all the other superman films.

Thought the acting in general was terrific, some moments lose momentum but all in all, very very good effort by the 'team'.

And there will be a sequel :D.

I did, and the nod to Smallville too.

If the sequel is about Luthor it's bound to be even better than this one.

And then there might be a Justice League film after that too I've heard.

I liked Zod in this though, totally different take on him.

Yeah, i'm not sure about the JLA, Green Lantern was terrible and the other members just make Batman (who's had the best films so far) a bit...well....shit.

Nolan and Snyder have taken a keen interest in the JLA movie and I think with those two on board, it won't be as terrible as it could so easily be.

JUSTICE-LEAGUE2.jpeg

These are the five 'core' characters that have been penciled in for appearances in the JLA movie. all of them crap on Batman aha.

The new Superman movie no less. Saw the originals with Chris Reeve in 1978, 1980 and 1983 but I can't recognize what they've done to the series now. "Man of Steel" is the new one, but it just doesn't generate any interest. I don't care if people say it's a good movie, still won't be going along to find out. The series was dead once Reeve was no longer in the main role from my perspective.

Great film with possibly the best 3-D effects I've seen.

I'm usually a big Marvel fan but have to admit Man of Steel is probably the best super hero film to date with a great cast and very well written....

DK the old films will always have a place due to nostalgia but there is no comparison in my eyes to the new one from top to bottom it's hands down better then any of the old ones.

Die Hard on Film Four

Seen this more times than I could recall, including on original release, but sometimes worth a watch. People say it;s the best of the series. I thought Die Hard 2, Die Harder was the best of the lot.

Willis was in Die Hard 5 a year or two ago. He's simply too old for all that nonsense now, but it's all about the fucking profits and how much money someone can generate, than commonsense in todays movie making.

Documentary on Elvis Presley and the circumstances of his 1977 passing. Decent watch.

Wasn't really a fan of Presley but one or two I once knew thought he was great and had a lot of memorabilia.. Sad without question the way his life degenerated in the last years of his life, he was immense.

Documentary on Elvis Presley and the circumstances of his 1977 passing. Decent watch.

Wasn't really a fan of Presley but one or two I once knew thought he was great and had a lot of memorabilia.. Sad without question the way his life degenerated in the last years of his life, he was immense.

He certainly was....it was down to the burgers apparently.