Pat

What Are You Watching?

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

Won't mean a thing to those who don't watch Better Call Saul but I saw a car with a number plate HHM 54 today:).

I’ve got 2 episodes to catch up on, can’t wait :) 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm bang up to date but had had a few beers before I watched episode 7 last night so will watch again in case I missed something.

On 21/09/2018 at 08:59, Matt said:

It's all brilliant but the opening sequence in episode 7 is brilliant and a half, five and a half minutes with nothing said but the implication is obvious, technically superb as well the way they filmed it.

On 23/09/2018 at 15:40, pete0 said:

Maniac. 

I should've read the reviews, to borrow ones posters review from imdb "a marvellously polished turd" sums it up perfectly. 

Is that the new one with Emma stone? Wanted to watch that 

Just been to the cinema to watch the blakklansman. Really enjoyed it, it’s based on a true story. It scrolls to real footage of the race riots in America last year and what Trump says about it. Scary ain’t the word 

20 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Is that the new one with Emma stone? Wanted to watch that 

Yep, couldn't recommend not wasting your time enough. Check the reviews, if you like artsy fartsy it'll float your boat. If not give it a wide berth. 

This guy is a bit good! Playing in Exeter on Sunday, possibly got a family thing on but if not I'm hoping they have a couple of tickets left. According to his website he plays up to five at a time! Think the left hand finger stretch is possibly the widest I've ever seen.

On 02/09/2018 at 19:04, MikeO said:

Bodyguard on the beeb is pretty good, watched the first two episodes on the iPlayer today and just going to watch the third.

Scrap the end of that, number three not yet been broadcast. 

This was very good, gripping final episode! Few unanswered questions so hope they're planning on making more.

One weak link, Paul Ready, don't know how he gets work as an actor at all. Fortunately a fairly minor character.

It’s always the way when a film  review doesn’t come out till the day before. It means it’s pants. Venom trailer looked ropey as fuck, reviews are awful. Think I’ll watch a star is born instead 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

It’s always the way when a film  review doesn’t come out till the day before. It means it’s pants. Venom trailer looked ropey as fuck, reviews are awful. Think I’ll watch a star is born instead 

I watched it tonight and loved it. Couldn’t give a flying fuck what the reviews are like - it’s only the reviewers opinion and is based on what they like, not you. 

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I watched it tonight and loved it. Couldn’t give a flying fuck what the reviews are like - it’s only the reviewers opinion and is based on what they like, not you. 

No I get that, just feel like a lot of the marvel films just stick to the same routine, megalomaniac boss, failed experiments etc. I could watch tom Hardy in anything to be honest 

30 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

No I get that, just feel like a lot of the marvel films just stick to the same routine, megalomaniac boss, failed experiments etc. I could watch tom Hardy in anything to be honest 

It's a Sony film who have the rights to the "Spider-Verse" and they don't do these films quite as well as Marvel do tbh 

Saying that I'm looking forward to Venom the CGI looks brilliant and Hardy is a great choice to cast as Brock 

47 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

It's a Sony film who have the rights to the "Spider-Verse" and they don't do these films quite as well as Marvel do tbh 

Saying that I'm looking forward to Venom the CGI looks brilliant and Hardy is a great choice to cast as Brock 

Hardy is really fantastic in it mate. 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

I'm with Finn on the Marvel routine, I find the awful jokes are mistimed and just painful especially in the second Thor film. 

Personally like the old spiderman ones (not no. 3 with emo Toby mind) but I might be a little biased with him sharing my name. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I'm with Finn on the Marvel routine, I find the awful jokes are mistimed and just painful especially in the second Thor film. 

Personally like the old spiderman ones (not no. 3 with emo Toby mind) but I might be a little biased with him sharing my name. 

Thor Darkworld was fairly shite tbh in comparison to their more recent stuff as was Iron Man 3 

I don't mind the Spiderman franchise maybe that's the comic fan in me but I find them far more corny then anything else Sony or Marvel have put out that's why I'm looking forward to Venom with it being far darker 

I love tom Hardy, I’ll deffo go see it as my eight year old loves them. I liked the last Spider-Man film and think tom Holland is perfect casting. I know the first films are quite difficult because you have to get to know the characters etc and maybe build up a backstory,  maybe as it’s Sony that’s why it’s started off a bit iffy. I’m not arsed what the critics say, they build some films up unbelievably and you come out so underwhelmed 

Dr Who. Jodie a decent first effort but bin Bradley Walsh asap, if those were his best takes I'd hate to see what ended up on the cutting room floor. Wooden.

Jury out on the rest of the cast but the weakest "new doc" first episode since the reboot imo.....which is sad for Jodie Whittaker because she deserved better.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Dr Who. Jodie a decent first effort but bin Bradley Walsh asap, if those were his best takes I'd hate to see what ended up on the cutting room floor. Wooden.

Jury out on the rest of the cast but the weakest "new doc" first episode since the reboot imo.....which is sad for Jodie Whittaker because she deserved better.

I’m still not sold on a female Doctor. Hopefully it gets better or this experiment won’t last long. I can actually see Doctor Who finishing again after her run. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m still not sold on a female Doctor. Hopefully it gets better or this experiment won’t last long. I can actually see Doctor Who finishing again after her run. 

Wife agrees (without watching) but then she despised Matt Smith (without watching) ; not keen on change:D.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Wife agrees (without watching) but then she despised Matt Smith (without watching) ; not keen on change:D.

I loved Matt Smith and I actually think she’s pretty much a female version of him. Although, it is only one episode so hard to make a firm judgement on that. 

As I said at the time of her being announced, I just think it was the BBC just being all PC. As they were when they made the Master a woman too. She can’t be worse than Capaldi’s run though, so that’s something!

I think Whittaker is a fantastic actress, but create a brilliant character for her. 

The reason I think this might be the last of DW isn’t really anything to do with this change. They’ve been struggling to even put out the last few series’ due to finding problems. 

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Watched a few episodes of Suits, looks to be well written and quite funny

I'm on series 8... started getting a bit irritated by the posing and same arguments. Enjoyed it till about series 7 I think.

still not watched game of thrones,  saw the new doctor start with Bradley Walsh  got to be honest and say he is no Bernard Cribbins is he? but so saying I do not like pandering to pc and/or gay rights.  I do not care if they are men, women, gay, straight or bestial.  it is none of my business so the sooner they stop pushing it in our faces the better I will like it.  maybe the next doctor an be an alien creature  such as the silurians or the sea devils.  after all they are supposed to be from earth too.  and the doctor does like to look earthly.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:50, hafnia said:

I'm on series 8... started getting a bit irritated by the posing and same arguments. Enjoyed it till about series 7 I think.

The latest season the acting is awful. I love the show but it needs to end now.

Anyone watched The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix? It is nowhere near as scary as its made out to be but is still a good show.

Latest season of The Walking Dead has been shite, good to see they have hinted at the Whisperers on it though.

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Very poor Dr Who episode Sunday, saw the title and and thought, "surely they can't just be copying LOTR & Harry Potter" but they did, needs to be better.

Rosa has been the best episode. But I’m not enjoying it tbh. 

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 02:40, markjazzbassist said:

Peaky blinders, hell of a show here, on the 4th season now and my wife and I ave been holed up all holiday watching it.  It’s addictive.

they filmed some of the new season outside my work a couple of months back.

I couldn't get into it me, got through 2 seasons and gave up.

On 14/12/2018 at 15:21, Finn balor said:

Looking forward to aqua man 

Wife and son going to see it on Sunday, not really my thing. Planning to see The Favourite in the near future, getting great reviews and I love Olivia Colman.

On another note why has someone bothered to remake Papillon? It's never in a million years going to match the original, it's like someone trying to remake The Godfather. Morons.