Jump to content
Pat

What Are You Watching?

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Wife and son going to see it on Sunday, not really my thing. Planning to see The Favourite in the near future, getting great reviews and I love Olivia Colman.

On another note why has someone bothered to remake Papillon? It's never in a million years going to match the original, it's like someone trying to remake The Godfather. Morons.

I never knew that they were planning on doing remake of Papillon that's just crazy. At the moment I'm watching the Take That documentary with my wife she's a huge fan been to loads of concerts with my daughter's, I'm trying to pretend I'm not enjoying it can't believe I'm finding it entertaining. Help!!😨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife was unwell so rather than waste £13 on an empty seat (recliner, lovely) I went to see Aquaman with Josh today; as I said comic book stuff not really my thing but I quite enjoyed it and Josh thought it was great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Wife was unwell so rather than waste £13 on an empty seat (recliner, lovely) I went to see Aquaman with Josh today; as I said comic book stuff not really my thing but I quite enjoyed it and Josh thought it was great.

I watched it last week and loved it. 

Watching the second half of the fifth season of Vikings? I’m waiting until all the episodes are out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wouldn’t have known myself but for having Prime. Think there are only a couple more episodes left before the season is finished. 

I have Prime also but didn't get a notification, I probably asked them to stop sending annoying emails, same as I have with Netflix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very excited for the new Black Mirror. Wife and daughter are staying at my parents for New Years so I’m home alone for 3-4 days. Beers are in, a nice tipple and a binge of BM and games :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Very excited for the new Black Mirror. Wife and daughter are staying at my parents for New Years so I’m home alone for 3-4 days. Beers are in, a nice tipple and a binge of BM and games :) 

Black mirror??? Need a new box set.... any good? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Black mirror??? Need a new box set.... any good? 

One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Utterly depressing because nearly every episode is a short term possiblity, but brilliantly made/filmed/acted/directed... at least 2 episodes that have really changed their entire meaning in the last 2-3 mins and made me think about my own assumptions  

Black Mirror is a British anthology science fictiontelevision series created by Charlie Brooker, with Brooker and Annabel Jones serving as the programme showrunners. It examines modern society, particularly with regard to the unanticipated consequences of new technologies. Episodes are standalone, usually set in an alternative present or the near future, often with a dark and satirical tone, though some are more experimental and lighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine, considering your job and what little I know of you, that it’s right up your street mate. “Shut up and dance”, “nosedive”, even the pilot... makes you really think about yourself, others around you and society in general 

edit: I’ve named three but looking through the titles, there really isn’t a bad one. Check IMDb mate if you want other references, but I’d be willing to admit I was wrong about Rom before I thought you wouldn’t love it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Will give it a go! 

It's very weird in that each episode is a stand alone story, there is no connection at all between each one; not an easy watch for me and while the best ones are brilliant some I find really quite tedious and want to see the "last 2 or 3 minutes" twist long before it arrives. Well worth a watch but I think many if not most could be shortened to half an hour in the same vein as "Tales of the Unexpected" used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched bird box on Netflix .... I enjoyed it but wouldn't be able to write a good constructive review about it.  Feels like there could have been an excellent film there but they missed a trick.... one of those films where you are left with too many questions at the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2018 at 18:48, Romey 1878 said:

Watching the second half of the fifth season of Vikings? I’m waiting until all the episodes are out. 

I'd somehow missed the last two episodes of the first half so I've caught up now:D. Just about to start watching episode 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i really loved vikings but honestly the show ended for me when

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Ragnar died

 

I watched half the next season but it just wasn't anywhere near as good in my opinion.

Understand your point but I still enjoyed it a lot. Low point for me having just watched 9 & 10 is that...

Astrid was killed, she was seriously hot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Understand your point but I still enjoyed it a lot. Low point for me having just watched 9 & 10 is that...

 

  Hide contents

Astrid was killed, she was seriously hot!

 

gotcha mike, i always fancied Lagertha myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

gotcha mike, i always fancied Lagertha myself.

I'd settle for the two of them together (if they asked nicely😀).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the kids to see the new Mary Poppins last night 

Thought it was a remake but it's a sequel and had the odd cameo and nod to the original 

Not as good as the first (they never are) but a good film for the kids/family 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Took the kids to see the new Mary Poppins last night 

Thought it was a remake but it's a sequel and had the odd cameo and nod to the original 

Not as good as the first (they never are) but a good film for the kids/family 

 

The title of Mary Poppins Returns didn't give it away? :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

:P

I'm looking forward to going to see Glass this month.

Still haven't seen Split yet but I'll get around to it when the kids are back at school and the missus is back at work 

Orrrr I'll tan the hell out of Red Dead 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Still haven't seen Split yet but I'll get around to it when the kids are back at school and the missus is back at work 

Orrrr I'll tan the hell out of Red Dead 2

Get onto Split, mate. You won't regret it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the latest season of Luther last night, brilliant show that.

Starting True Detective later, never seen it but heard good things.

Not long until GOT now though! cannot wait for that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aaron said:

Finished the latest season of Luther last night, brilliant show that.

Starting True Detective later, never seen it but heard good things.

Not long until GOT now though! cannot wait for that!

First season of True Detective is brilliant but the second season is awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

First season of True Detective is brilliant but the second season is awful. 

Yeah a few of my mates have said the same, I'll still watch it all as the third is starting soon / started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaron said:

Yeah a few of my mates have said the same, I'll still watch it all as the third is starting soon / started

I'll echo what Romey says, first season is amazing, but the second season is just way too dialogue-heavy and not in a good way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

finished season 3 of Travelers, what a great show.  @Matt have you seen it?  i think given our conversations in the past you might like it.  It's on Netflix.

No mate, I’ll add it to the list to pass the time until the expanse s4 is released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2019 at 05:33, Matt said:

Bandersnatch was fantastic. Very clever and typically dark and humorous. Depending on which path you took, obviously ;) 

Ahh man I was so disappointed. That said, my expectations for anything associated with that series are impossibly high.

 

On 30/12/2018 at 16:37, hafnia said:

I watched bird box on Netflix .... I enjoyed it but wouldn't be able to write a good constructive review about it.  Feels like there could have been an excellent film there but they missed a trick.... one of those films where you are left with too many questions at the end. 

Agreed. I thought it was thrilling enough. Was pretty troubled by the commentary on people with mental illness though.

I’ve started the Sunderland Til I Die series on Netflix. Interesting if only because of the number of Everton castoffs on that particular team (Vaughn, McGeady, Gibbo, Oviedo, Galloway, Browning... I think I’m still missing one or two).

Also halfway through season two of Donald Glover’s Atlanta which has been fucking brilliant so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Ahh man I was so disappointed. That said, my expectations for anything associated with that series are impossibly high.

 

Agreed. I thought it was thrilling enough. Was pretty troubled by the commentary on people with mental illness though.

I’ve started the Sunderland Til I Die series on Netflix. Interesting if only because of the number of Everton castoffs on that particular team (Vaughn, McGeady, Gibbo, Oviedo, Galloway, Browning... I think I’m still missing one or two).

Also halfway through season two of Donald Glover’s Atlanta which has been fucking brilliant so far.

Sunderland till I die pissed me off..... it made me realise how many unprofessional greedy bastards who don't give a shit make themselves incredibly rich.

The chief executive and a few of the players were a disgrace.  Darron Gibson who I said years ago was a big drinker was filmed by fans pissed up slagging off other players.... hypocrite.

Then you had Mr chief executive who thought he was Sean Connery flashing off his expensive range of watches slagging off Rodwell cos he wouldn't tear up his contract.... what a prick.  Rodwell had every right to claim his money just in the same way no manager of chief exec writes off their money after getting sacked for doing a shite job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of it before but on the radio earlier they were talking about the fourth (and last) series of Catastrophe starting on four and it sounded good so I've just watched the first two episodes of series one and it's brilliant! Wife appalled by the rudeness of it as she passed through the room so I'll have to watch it on the quiet but never mind. Funny how she's "grown up" and I'm still a teenager at heart:lol:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

right finished season 1 of True Detective. It was good but I felt like it took too long to get the story to the last two episodes and when it did it felt the ending was rushed. Still a decent show.

I always have a "short show" I watch, the 20 minute comedy shows, to go with the main tv show im watching, at the moment its scrubs for the millionth time, its just an ageless show and one of the best comedies about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, aaron said:

right finished season 1 of True Detective. It was good but I felt like it took too long to get the story to the last two episodes and when it did it felt the ending was rushed. Still a decent show.

I always have a "short show" I watch, the 20 minute comedy shows, to go with the main tv show im watching, at the moment its scrubs for the millionth time, its just an ageless show and one of the best comedies about.

Big Mouth, Deep Space 69 (only on YouTube I think, about 5 mins an episode), Final Space, Rick and Morty. 

I loved Scrubs (last season aside) but think I watched it to death 10 years ago :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×