IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

how?!

Allo allo causes me more pain than toothache.....it was a perfect example of the general (there were a few exceptions) desperate state of British prime time sitcoms in the eighties/nineties. Every episode exactly the same....same "jokes," same script, zero imagination. Pitiful imo. The only possible positive thing I could say about it was that it was marginally less excruciating than "Birds of a Feather",

But each to their own :lol:.

Thor 2 - The Dark World, review by tenaciousj:

"Meh"

Best bit was the 1st post credit scene...showed a tease for much bigger, badder and better things :P mahooosive clue to the 'overall' arcing storyline as well. Marvel-ous.

Silver Linings Playbook:

"Fantastic film. Didn't interest me but definitely grabbed me and took me along for the ride. Gripping stuff."

Pitch Perfect:

"Coul get away with watching it as a 'chick flick', should you have to choose something"

Still into the old comics then tenacious mate?

I've still to see Iron Man 3 and the Wolverine, although I hear the former was shite. Man of Steel was a bit meh - I expected better.

I am buddy.

Iron Man 3 is better than 2, darker than most Marvel stuff, good film.

Haven't seen The Wolverine. I do want to, just struggling with another Wolverine movie. Origins was f*cking terrible. Destroyed all credibility to Wade Wilson as well.

I liked Man of Steel. Liked the fresh take. People complained it wasn't 'true' enough. But every single comic, time after time, changes origin stories; so why can't another medium?

just watched the machinist...another impressive bale performance

Good film, made even better by what he must have put himself through to get ready for the role!

Seen a few brilliant films recently with it being my week off... Django Unchained and Argo were incredible - Killing Them Softly was a decent watch too. Also found The Candidate very funny!

Killing Them Softly I thought was a pile of crap tbh. I was bored shitless watching it.

I had, had my expectations lowered before watching it by a few mates but I actually found it a decent watch... much like Revolver, I know loads who thought it was shite but it worked for me!!!

I've heard Gangster Squad was disappointing but going to give a go tonight.

I had, had my expectations lowered before watching it by a few mates but I actually found it a decent watch... much like Revolver, I know loads who thought it was shite but it worked for me!!!

I've heard Gangster Squad was disappointing but going to give a go tonight.

I thought Gangster Squad was great but I know plenty who have said it was terrible!