IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Not seen that but Dennis Quaid is (in everything I've ever seen him in) a slightly worse actor than your average plank of wood.

I watched Mary and Martha tonight (Hilary Swank/Brenda Blethyn). Very moving.

This is why that new show on Sky Atlantic, Vegas, is fucking awful.

Bullseye on Challenge

It's one of the very first episodes from around 1981 when it first appeared, and Bowen is having to do the scores himself, before they got the scores assistant to come in a series or two later. This was on air until the 1990s and I saw some of the original shows but they should never have brought it back again with a new presenter and design.

Always worth a watch, as there's usually the fucking nonsense of giving a couple from Leicester a speedboat or something.

We don't know if they reside in high rise buildings. Don't class them as degenerates, we know nothing about them.

Bowen is a decent enough individual, I don't have a bad word to say about him, but the humor simply never worked for him. The show was so poor it got in 9,000,000 - 12,000,000 viewers each week. But in the end, I think it went on a little too long. But still an eventful program

Watching bits of the Crystal Maze before we go out again this night, and even 20 years on, it's a very innovative and well designed show.

Been watching a few episodes of Vegas at work lately I wasn't to keen to watch it at first as it looked from the ads like a cheap further down the line Boardwalk if you get my drift, but surprisingly got into it and although it just plods along plot wise it's pretty decent.

Going to stick a film on after the Spurs game but not sure which the missus hasn't watched Lawless yet so might give that badboy another go!

Last night I watched Cloverfield and The Sweeney.

Seen Cloverfield before, but i've just treated myself to some new speakers sub and amp so I had to give them a test run.

Really enjoyed The Sweeney, Ben Drew (Plan B.) just reminds me of a young Ray Winstone, seeing them act together they are just so similar in style. Was quite a good film, but I don't have any memories of the series so I guess I had fresh eyes on it. Disappointed it took until the end credits to play the theme tune, I like that theme tune.

Edited by StevO

I've just come back from a screening of The Paperboy. IMDB has a rating of 5.7 which I think is pretty unfair, it was pretty good film. At times it was pretty gruesome, other times reasonably funny. The BBFC rating contains spoilers:

THE PAPERBOY is a drama set in America's deep south in the 1960s about an investigative reporter who sets out to prove that a man on Death Row was wrongly convicted of murder. It is rated 15 for strong language, sex, sex references, violence and gory images.

The film contains over forty uses of strong language. There are also several uses of discriminatory language when black people are referred to, occasionally aggressively, as 'niggers'.

THE PAPERBOY contains a couple of strong sex scenes, the first of which shows a man thrusting vigorously between a woman's legs, his buttocks visible as he thrusts. The other takes place when a woman meets a man in prison for the first time. In front of other witnesses and at his request, she opens her legs to reveal the gusset of her knickers. She then opens her mouth and we see him rub his crotch as she begins to mime oral sex. We briefly see the man's arm moving as masturbation is implied and a brief image of a small wet patch on the man's trousers implying that he has reached an orgasm by watching her. However, there is no explicit detail shown in either scene. There are numerous sex references, including verbal references to oral sex and masturbation.

The violence is depicted without much detail, for example when a character has his throat cut we simply see blood seeping into a shirt from beneath the killer's arm. In other scenes, however, there are some gory moments which show the aftermath of violence. In one scene a man is found naked lying on some plastic sheeting on the floor. The plastic and his body is covered with a significant amount of blood and we see a brief image of his face covered in cuts, blood and swelling. In another scene we see a black and white still photo of a dead man lying on the ground with his intestines spilled around him. The brutality of the event is reinforced by a voice over reporting that the killer allegedly 'dragged his intestines for half a mile until he died'.

THE PAPERBOY also contains a scene showing a man covered with red blisters over his face arms and chest after he is stung by jelly fish. Realising the poison could kill him one says ''They say you're supposed to piss on a jellyfish sting", at which point a woman squats awkwardly over his body and a small stream of urine is seen trickling down onto the man's chest. This is an unusual image, but it briefly establishes a narrative point and occurs clearly in the specific context of someone trying to save a friend's life.

Other gory images include sight of a dead alligator being gutted and a dead raccoon is seen with blood dripping from its mouth. There is no evidence that any animal was treated with any cruelty. In other scenes two women share a cannabis joint, which is not commented on, and characters are seen smoking cigarettes throughout which is a reflection of common practice at the time.

What some shite ? And as for 'lads'..

The Untouchables - when there isn't damn commercials on every five minutes

It's not Costners or De Niro's finest hour, but is a very good film nonetheless.

Allow me to say i had got to know my uncle Bud that night when i posted but i dont get the problem with "lads". Let me say this i run a prison and one thing i hate is when a scouser calls somebody "lad". Unfortunately i dont know the age group of everybody on the site so maybe i should call say "you old cunts" and maybe that wont insult the demographic of the people i cant see.

Allow me to say i had got to know my uncle Bud that night when i posted but i dont get the problem with "lads". Let me say this i run a prison and one thing i hate is when a scouser calls somebody "lad". Unfortunately i dont know the age group of everybody on the site so maybe i should call say "you old cunts" and maybe that wont insult the demographic of the people i cant see.

Lads is fine with me Trev, certainly as a group term (different if someone addressed me personally as "lad," then I'd get on my high horse and wipe their eyeshaking%20fist.png )....although it's a long time since I technically was onesad.png .

Watched a few films this week, This means war- rom com with Tom Hardy which was good, Chronicle- low budget sci - film which was enjoyable, Contraband- Mark Wahlberg smuggling film which was your average action film but Wahlberg made it better than it should have been. Last one was Wild Bill - British film about the east end but not the Danny Dyer shiiite. Thought it was really good

Contraband- Mark Wahlberg smuggling film which was your average action film but Wahlberg made it better than it should have been.

Don't like Mark Wahlberg, if a film has him in it I'll do my best to find something else to do. Like watch the grass outside growing.

Don't like Mark Wahlberg, if a film has him in it I'll do my best to find something else to do. Like watch the grass outside growing.

He has been in some crap like "The Happening", "Planet of the Apes" etc but was excellent in The Departed,The fighter,The Other Guys to name but a few