IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

The Goonies is on, but going out soon. Saw this on release in 1985 and it's still as great today as when first appeared. Classic kids movie if ever there was one. Channel 5 now if you want, if you can get past the fucking commercials every five minutes. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it, but not a release for everyone.

It means popcorn film Marco mate....Americans call films "movies" for some strange reason (probably so they don't think they're "stillies"tongue.png ).

So a popcorn movie would be a film (with moving pictures) which you watch while eating popcorn.

Hope that helpssmile.png .

(On top of contemporary culture me, let me know if you have any more questionscool.png )

Depends on how you view him as a musical artist. I think his best music was between 1982 - 85, and that was around the time of the 'Too low for zero' album I think he had, and I would say (from my perspective) that that was a decent album release. I generally can't abide anything he did after the mid 1980s. Sacrifice, Candle in the Wind, or can you feel the love tonight etc. Awful shit.

I generally can't abide anything he did after the mid 1980s. Sacrifice, Candle in the Wind, or can you feel the love tonight etc. Awful shit.

Candle in the Wind was on the Yellow Brick Road album....released in 1973huh.png (without a shadow of a doubt his finest ever album, he never got anywhere close to it again).

The only one I know of was the 1988 release, and then of course he re-released it as a tribute to Princess Diana. I wasn't aware of a 1970's release.

He famously missed the 1984 semi-final with Plymouth Argyle when his Watford side played, as he was too nervous to attend, but then went and watched the final at Wembley anyway.

The only one I know of was the 1988 release, and then of course he re-released it as a tribute to Princess Diana. I wasn't aware of a 1970's release.

That was a live version.

If you weren't aware of a 1970's release you weren't aware of the seventiessmile.png .

I saw every year of them is the best response I can give, but even then, have trouble remembering what occured only two weeks ago sometimes. The 1988 version was on one of those Now (that's what I call music) albums at the time that I purchased. I'm not all up on Elton John in my defense. I wouldn't even know which record label he is with, although it could well be Strange Fruit...

Watching Cracker as a last thing for tonight. Best Boys episode 2

doenst top season 4 for me. I was a little annoyed with it to be honest, and Ive actually taken a break from s7 because I wasnt enjoying it. Will go back to it though, heard Yvonne Strahovski comes along biggrin.png

She doesn't get much screen time, well not enough.