IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Denmark won it. Deserved it probably. My favourite was actually Hungary.

Agree on Hungary, that and Malta I liked.....Denmark was always going to win, Bonnie Tyler was marginally less embarrassing than Engelbert last year for us.

"Block voting" makes it ridiculous though.....Malta (for example) doing so well when they have zero "allies" to guarantee them the odd douze points was remarkable.

Denmark won it ? Did it come from Copenhagen this year ? The host nation always wins don't they.

Bonnie Tyler was there also ? Not singing the Welsh entry surely ?, although not possible as it's the UK only.

Best thing about tonights event would seem, it's over for another year.

Best thing about tonights event would seem, it's over for another year.

I couldn't agree more. It's the biggest joke of a competition going and is only still active so that the little countries have something to jump up and down about. I think I'll stick to watching the World Cup.

I couldn't agree more. It's the biggest joke of a competition going and is only still active so that the little countries have something to jump up and down about.

You're not supposed to take it seriously.....of course it's a joke, that's the whole point.

Pitched perfectly by the Swedish last night....gently taking the piss out of itself and dripping with irony.

Some people get it and some people don't (I have this argument with my wife every yearlaugh.png).

Yeah, because I often participate in humor and not take things seriously..

Some Japanese film on now called the something incident with Jackie Chan, can't remember the title, about gang warfare with the Yakuza and some Chinese involvement, but no Triads it would seem.

Not a movie for kids

Beverly Hills Cop on Film Four

Saw this on release in 1984 as with the second and still remember it like yesterday. The third entry was garbage and now they're going to make a series out of it. Better than a fourth release I guess, but won't be watching, you can't beat the movies. (or at least two of them)

Too bad they have to include fucking commercials every five minutes as it simply disrupts any viewing pleasure, but still a fine film.

Watched Identity Thief with the missus the other night which is quite funny and worth a watch if you like those type of films. Really looking forward to the new Superman now after seeing new footage today it finally looks like they are going to start showing him as he should be portrayed from the comics........nerd!

Not much on the box just put 20 years of CL on and a programme about bloody cricket was on instead the lying bastards i wouldn't usually mind but to insult my eyeballs with cricket is just wrong.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Bullseye on Challenge. Got to see a few of the original episodes in the 1980s. Great retro program, but more often than not the winners get a caravan or a speedboat (which won't be of much use if you live in Doncaster) This brought in about 12,000,000 viewers each week when first aired, but remember back then there was only four channels to choose from. Nothing like today

Bullseye on Challenge. Got to see a few of the original episodes in the 1980s. Great retro program, but more often than not the winners get a caravan or a speedboat (which won't be of much use if you live in Doncaster) This brought in about 12,000,000 viewers each week when first aired, but remember back then there was only four channels to choose from. Nothing like today

To be exact, there were only three channels to choose from when Bullseye started (4 was launched the following year)smile.png.

How did we copeunsure.png?

Yes I was aware Channel Four started in 1982, Countdown was the first program they ever broadcast.

Bullseye started in 1981 and ran until the early 1990s, so for the most part, four channels were involved.

For those not old enough to recall, it was actually quite decent back in the day. Three or four channels on UK television, all closing down by midnight and everything off air. BBC1 played 'God save the Queen'. Now look at it. Fucking mayhem and disorder

Family Fortunes is on now, but won't be watching that.

Went to the cinema last night and watched The Great Gatsby. Hands down the worst film I've ever seen in the cinema. 2 hours 20 minutes which felt like 5. Nothing really happens throughout the movie. My quote before going to watch it was "Di Caprio doesn't do bad films." Majorly backfired. Anyone else seen it? Want to know if it was just me that thought it was terrible.

Edited by Geth