IGNORED

Turner On Loan To The Owls

bignev

Ian Turner has joined sheff wed on loan.

Everton keeper Turner joins Owls

Sheffield Wednesday have signed Everton goalkeeper Iain Turner on a month's loan from Everton.

The 23-year-old goes straight into the Owls' squad to take on Southend on Saturday at Hillsborough.

Wednesday manager Brian Laws told the club website: "He has played regularly for Scotland Under-21s and therefore comes to us with a degree of pedigree.

"Mark Crossley has done well for us this season but his form has dipped over the last few weeks."

Turner said: "I have been wanting to go out on loan and hopefully I will have a chance to impress.

"I am here for a month so the objective is six clean sheets."

from the bbc sport site.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon all,

What can we expect from Turner will he do a job for us? We've gone from being the 3rd best form team @ Xmas to the worst team so as you can imagine confidence is in short supply, he may have to get used to bending down and picking he ball out of the net at the minute :( Why does football ruin a perfectly good weekend?

Good luck against Watford.

He's a good keeper mate, he should help to stop the goals going in. Hopefully you won't get him to keep for good because I'd like him back with us.

Cheers mate, a lot of Wednesday fans will probably reserve judgement though, especially as we had Brad Jones on loan from Boro earlier in the season *cough* sh*te *cough* :)

• 2 weeks later...

We already have Ruddy out on loan, if Howard stays fit we should be alright, cos Moysey wont play them anyway, i dont know why but he still keeps faith with Wright.

So yeah, i think he might loan you Turner month by month for the rest of the season.

PS........Good result for you today, that just about finishes Leeds off. :)

PS........Good result for you today, that just about finishes Leeds off. :)

I hope so, they'll get no favours in the "Premiership Graveyard" either. Better teams have gone down and failed in the 1st season.

Coasting at 3-0 up, played 41 mins of the 2nd half with 10 men and in true Wednesday fashion we gift them an own goal in the 88' min, they score again and then we're hanging on :rolleyes:

Edited by The Wednesday

• 4 weeks later...

If these fella's are not given the opportunity to at least be in the squad, they will want to move to play regular games ....a la Mark Hughes, Think Turner must be ready by now, Has played several 1st team games for us, has played for under 21s, and has been called up to full Scottish squad, Might not get in the team but he must be doing something right.

Lets get rid of Teflon before they both (Turner & Ruddy) decide to fook off.

Morning All,

It looks unlikely that Moyes will sell in the summer, a season long loan would do me but do you think this would hinge on Richard Wright staying?

This was in the Sheffield Star:

EVERTON manager David Moyes has dashed the Owls' hopes of landing Iain Turner on a full transfer.

Moyes says that the keeper's future lies at Goodison Park and he will not be sold to Wednesday in the summer.

The news will disappoint yet not surprise Brian Laws, who knew that Turner was rated highly by the Premiership club and that it would be difficult to prise him away.

Moyes, who will have had the Scot watched while he has been on loan with the Owls, said: "Iain has done very well. We are very pleased with the reports on him.

"He has a future with us. He is on loan and will return here."

Laws, though regarding Turner as his preferred choice, had already made contingency plans, saying: "We need to sign a goalkeeper, if it's not Ian then it will be somebody else. We've whittled it down to four or five players."

Turner has another two years on his Goodison Park contract.

He has just begun a second month on loan with the Owls, who hope that he will also be able to stay with them for the whole of their remaining fixtures, though this depends whether Everton need him for their match against Manchester United on April 28: their keeper Tim Howard is on loan from United and cannot play in that game.

Good luck on Monday.