IGNORED

Villarreal Away - Wed 24th Aug 05

RuffRob

Financilly, it has to be yes - £10M at least possibly more.

We have never had so much money riding on 90 minutes of football.

I thought I was nervouse before the Goodison game - but this is going to be worse.

Can we win - On paper we must be seriouse underdogs having to go away in europe and get a result.

Can we do it?

Against

- Villarreal are a goal up, with two away goals

- Villarreal are in their own backyard

- Villarreal are a very high quality team

- We have no competative experience playing away in Europe

- We have a fair few injuried player

For

- Villarreal have a lead to defend - can sometimes put a team on the backfoot,

and sometime this can be a teams downfall. How do they approach this game?

- Villarreal have only played the one competative game this season and that was us, our match fitness should be well ahead of them now,

- We know exactely how to approach the game,

- Our players are really fighters and physical

- There keeper looked suspect and we have the man to take advantage of this and

- Collina is refing, and he won't take no continental 'bullsh!t'

I think we need to really get at Villarreal from the kick off - We need at least 2 goals, but in reality I don't think that will be enough. Thing is if we score 3 - we can afford to let 2 in.

I would approach this game based on the fact we need 3, but can let in 2.

We have to play 4-4-2 and really go for it like we where playing at home.

I saw enough in the first game to think we where unlucky to be 2:1 behind, and that we can compeate with this spanish team. To be honest, I actually think we have a better chance qualifying by going there a goal down, than a goal up. I really think if we went there to defend a single goal lead and they have to come out attacking, I think we could end up losing by a fair few goals.

COME ON YOU BLUES

P.S anyone going?

im afraid i really cant see it happening for us...but then i didnt think we would finsih 4th so what do i know. stick big dunc upfront if bent is still injured and have 5 midfielders feeding off his knock downs, theres a chance but we are going to have play this one perfectly.

come on blue boys!

Caution to the wind (without being stupid). Can afford to let 2 in if we score 3.

We have had a proper bloody good workout against Man U and Bolton, were as Villarreal are basically still pre-season, and all their player have had to think about over the past 14 days has been the game against us.

If we are only a goal behind in the last 15 minutes, we have got a great chance, and they will be very nervouse. we must make our fitness tell. Play a really high tempo Premiership style game and their tounges will be hanging out after 70 mins, no matter how technically gifted you are.

4-4-2

Martyn

Hibbet, Yobo, Weir, Neville

Davies, Cahill,Arteta Kilbane

Bent, Ferguson

I would even consider Vaughan if Bent couldn't play. But would rather him be a possible impact sub.

May as well enjoy the next couple of days in the CL and I am going to be ultra positive and say 3-2 to Everton with Duncan Ferguson underlying his cult status and repaying us for everyday we have suffered him on the treatment table with a headed hatrick. :):P

Well I can dream, I wonder what odds the bookies will give me on that

I think we'll win 1-0, out on away goals :)

If we do get knocked out I hope we dont have a stay in the UEFA cup long, I knwo its probably not a popular thought wishing us to lose but that competition is bollocks, fuck all prize money and no prestige to attract better players, however if we finish fourth again then good players will start to take notice.

Aswell as that we could well finish in a relegation scrap as we realy havent the strength and depth to do well in both comps. Id much rather do well in the league than the cup, ideally both but realistically thats not going to happen.

We are capable of winning this one, a lot riding on the fitness of players it looks like we may have a better attacking line than first thought:-

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400eve...-name_page.html

In my opinion its a case of men or boys, if it was my in their position i know id be having a painkilling jab in my toe and going hell for leather, its a massive game and no proffesional footballer would want to miss out, would they??

Would be nice to see this site when the 3rd goal went in wouldn't it

post-1140-1124734614_thumb.jpg

Edited by smeghead1

Pat i reckon if we go there and draw or beat them and still go out that the side won't take it too badly in fact we appear to be a better team when were knocked down!! Although if we did pull it off the extra confidence would go down well wouldn't it :lol:

I also have to say that on the back of Sundays win if we go there and get a result which game would be the defining moment, our first win at Bolton or an away win in europe?? :rolleyes:

Im nervous just talking about it, in a good way though hated the nerves when it was win or be relegated eurgh :lol:

Edited by smeghead1

Problem with these sides are, they do next to nothing for the majority of the game, we however will probably go right for there throats, but they demoralise teams by knicking cheap goals on the break, i see this happening tomorrow sadly.

I know another team that did exactly the same thing last Sunday :rolleyes:

Problem with these sides are, they do next to nothing for the majority of the game, we however will probably go right for there throats, but they demoralise teams by knicking cheap goals on the break, i see this happening tomorrow sadly.

I know another team that did exactly the same thing last Sunday :rolleyes:

:blink: how great it felt aswell! :blink: i bet them bolton fans wer guttered, bless them :( It was about time though that happened in our favour, what will happen next! we might get a penalty one day!!

or will go on to win it again...

JUST LIKE THE LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED!!

You sorry feckers... no, really, I do feel sorry about you. Hard luck, that goal should have stand.

Well good luck to you lot, i for one have a lot of mates who support the rs and to be honest my mate has just rang and said we should've equalised and that Collina was crap- that was from a rs fan!!!!

Alright... what's next? Sure we got a bad call, but let's not the ones to dwell on what might have been and moan about it all day/week/month/season. Let's suck it in and stand tall. Mebbe it may be a 'blessing' in disguise, with all the injuries we've had.

What's that?... Did I see the "Gaffer" in a SUIT!?