IGNORED

Crying For A New Manager?

john_webby

Did you know that after a 3-0 defeat by wolves on 27th dec, he had already put in a letter of resignation which Carter refused.

At least he had made the honourable gesture, wonder if DAVEY will do the same, the dates about right. :D

Oh by the way the upsurge in form at that time wouldnt be because he made Colin Harvey, 1st team coach. would it. :)

Edited by toffeelicker

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know  that after a 3-0 defeat by wolves on 27th dec, he had already put in a letter of resignation which Carter refused.

At least he had made the honourable gesture, wonder if DAVEY  will do the same,  the dates about right. :)

Oh by the way the upsurge in form at that time wouldnt be because he made Colin Harvey, 1st team coach.    would it.  ;)

If I did know that I'd forgotten. OK so lets follow that through to it's logical conclusion...sack Irvine and bring in Peter Reid, that would make more sense to me. Under Davey things are shit at the moment no doubt but he's also given us the only sniff of (long term) success we've had in nearly twenty years. I still think he hasn't become a bad manager in half a season, I still think he has it in him to be a major success. The over reaction of a lot of supporters surprises me, specially those who sat through the seventies dross. I understand people wanting a change but for now I'm 100% behind Moyes.

Guest fozzie22
If I did know that I'd forgotten. OK so lets follow that through to it's logical conclusion...sack Irvine and bring in Peter Reid, that would make more sense to me. Under Davey things are shit at the moment no doubt but he's also given us the only sniff of (long term) success we've had in nearly twenty years. I still think he hasn't become a bad manager in half a season, I still think he has it in him to be a major success. The over reaction of a lot of supporters surprises me, specially those who sat through the seventies dross. I understand people wanting a change but for now I'm 100% behind Moyes.

Umm i do think people forget the season before last..we where crap simple as that,DM was in charge then was he not?.

I agree IF he has to stay then changes are needed to the backroom staff,but i dont see DM as a great "thinker" of the game,he gees the players up but frankly thats about it as far as i can see.

As for alternatives,there are always lots of those,probably ones we wouldnt want here,but would do a job,and frankly it gets tiresome having to come up with names that people scoff at for being past it.

Newell, Jewell, Cotterill, ??

A straight swap with Curbishley will do me, he can bring Bent and Murphy with him

and Davey can take Bent, Kilbane and Mc Faddy away with him. ;)

Someone needs to come in and shake the players up, Moysey or Irvine cant do it, and the players have lost all respect for them.

IVE SAID IT FOR MONTHS ...their Body language tells me they are going out beaten before they start, no plan, no leadership, no heart, no commitment, no confidence, equals no points. We need to change things.

Guest fozzie22
Newell, Jewell, Cotterill, ??

A straight swap with Curbishley will do me, he can bring Bent and Murphy with him

and Davey can take Bent, Kilbane and Mc Faddy away with him. ;)

Someone needs to come in and shake the players up, Moysey or Irvine cant do it, and the players have lost all respect for them.

IVE SAID IT FOR MONTHS ...their Body language tells me they are going out beaten before they start, no plan, no leadership, no heart, no commitment, no confidence, equals no points.  We need to change things.

Couldnt have put it better myself mate :)

Newell, Jewell, Cotterill?

Granted Jewell is having a good season but what happens when he can't sustain it and the knives are out like they are for Moyes now?

The discussion as to sack Davey and pay up all the contracts and pay compensation for a new manager or keep him and let him spend more money is a personal opinion and i have mine.

My personal view is not through blue tinted glasses and whoever said they have been watching Everton longer than me and can remember the good old days obviously is speaking passionately. I watched the boys through the eighties and loved it when we were one of the top two but those days are long gone. Of course i'm not happy with our performances or goal tally but what i'm saying is Moyes should have the chance to turn it around until at least the end of the season. It kills me but we are not and haven't been a top team for years and it takes steady work to build us up again. With no money who is going to wave the magic wand and get us up there with a chance of Champions league?

The only one I can think of is the one man who has already done it. Since the Premier league has been here who has achieved such a feat?

Nobody seems to think its such a big deal on what we achieved because they think its a god given right for a club as big as ours to have.

I think Moyes is being let down badly by some supporters, we almost sound as fickle as the Red Shite sometimes.

Trev......we are all passionate about the Blues, thats why we're so concerned about the state the clubs in at the moment...............

Just go back over your 20 odd years of watching them and in those bad times, (and there have been many) did you ever see players taking to the field with no pride, no commitment, and no effort. Some of the squads we had in those times were less skilfull players than we have now, but they made up for the lack of skill with with guts and determination, the Dogs of War attitude if you like, But they didnt go down without a fight.

THATS THE WORRYING THING TODAY, TOO MANY PLAYERS ARE LOOKING AS THO THEY DONT KNOW WHAT SYSTEM THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYING, RUNNING AROUND AS INDIVIDUALS, AND WORST OF ALL LYING DOWN LIKE PUSSIES IF THINGS DONT GO THEIR WAY. :D

FOR INSTANCE If you look at the wigan team man for man, its probably only the left back Leighton Baines, and possibly one of the forwards that would get into Evertons team, But look how they are playing, THE MANAGER HAS INSTILLED CONFIDENCE IN THEM AND HAS GOT THEM PLAYING OUT OF THEIR SKINS.

WHY CANT A BETTER SQUAD OF PLAYERS WHO COST 10 TIMES MORE THAN THEM, PLAY BETTER THAN THEM.. CAN YOU TELL ME, COS I'D LOVE TO KNOW.

Newell, Jewell, Cotterill?

Granted Jewell is having a good season but what happens when he can't sustain it and the knives are out like they are for Moyes now?

The discussion as to sack Davey and pay up all the contracts and pay compensation for a new manager or keep him and let him spend more money is a personal opinion and i have mine.

My personal view is not through blue tinted glasses and whoever said they have been watching Everton longer than me and can remember the good old days obviously is speaking passionately. I watched the boys through the eighties and loved it when we were one of the top two but those days are long gone. Of course i'm not happy with our performances or goal tally but what i'm saying is Moyes should have the chance to turn it around until at least the end of the season. It kills me but we are not and haven't been a top team for years and it takes steady work to build us up again. With no money who is going to wave the magic wand and get us up there with a chance of Champions league?

The only one I can think of is the one man who has already done it. Since the Premier league has been here who has achieved such a feat?

Nobody seems to think its such a big deal on what we achieved because they think its a god given right for a club as big as ours to have.

I think Moyes is being let down badly by some supporters, we almost sound as fickle as the Red Shite sometimes.

I gotta agree with Trev, ok we are having a bad season as we did two years ago as someone pointed out and yes DM has had 4 years in charge, but surely you can remember that prior to 4 years ago we were in this position consistently almost every year.

I think we've made major strides in the last few years and it's thanks to DM that we've had that crack at Europe (albeit short and slightly embarrassing). If we'd have continued in the same as vein as we were 4 years and prior we'd already be playing Championship football!

We need to get things into perspective, we by far exceeded expectations last season and by no means should be using that success as the yardstick. At the moment we are a bottom half-mid table club (present league position ignored) but imo moving in the right direction and will hopefully continue to progress until we are consistently challenging for Europe.

I agree that we need a kick up the arse and the obvious solution is to change the manager but I can think of a lot worse than the one we currently have!

I for one will be in the Park End tomorrow supporting the Blues and David Moyes!

Look at this fella's profile....................Cotterill, now with Burnley.

Cheltenham born, Steve made his hometown club in 1983. He spent four injury-disrupted years at the Robins before moving first to Alvechurch and then Burton Albion. He progressed to a successful spell in the full time game with Wimbledon, Brighton & Hove Albion and Bournemouth where he collected three Player of the Year awards.

After his career was cut short by a knee injury he moved into management with Sligo Rovers in the League of Ireland, taking them to their highest ever placing in the Premier Division. That season Sligo were also League Cup finalists and F.A.I. Cup semi-finalists. Steve then guided Sligo to some excellent results in Europe before returning to Cheltenham as a player in December 1996.

He was appointed caretaker-manger the following February and given the post full time after guiding the Robins to promotion in a nail biting end-of-season match at Burton Albion. At 34 Steve became the youngest winner of the Nationwide Conference Mail on Sunday Manager of the Season Award in 1998, a trophy he won again the following year.

In their first season in the Third Division, Cheltenham narrowly missed out on the play-offs but they managed to reach them in 2001-02, and defeated Hartlepool, then Rushden and Diamonds to win promotion once more.

Seems to have the golden touch, or do we wait untill he goes to birmingham or sunderland.

They were doomed before he went there as assistant manager to HOWARD WILKINSON.

Left 5months later because he had resigned from his previous club ON THE UNDERSTANDING THAT HE WAS GETTING THE managers job at ROKER.

BUT THEY DONE THE DIRTY ON HIM AND PUT WILKINSON IN CHARGE.

WHERE HE HAS BEEN IN CHARGE, HE HAS TAKEN EVERY CLUB FURTHER THAN THEY HAVE EVER BEEN.

Well i can see your pleased with him, but i stopped burying my head in the sand a long time ago, DM has spent more money in his time here, than the past four managers put together, and we're still no further advanced than when he came. Does that not tell you something. :lol:

Well i can see your pleased with him, but i stopped burying my head in the sand a long time ago, DM  has spent more money in his time here, than the past four managers put together, and we're still no further advanced than when he came.    Does that not tell you something.  :lol:

I think we are further advanced than when he arrived. The level of expectation proves that. Since our appaling start we've taken twenty points from thirteen games. That's sixty points a season form without being able (for whatever reason) to score and missing key players. That's fact and if people think that level of performance is unacceptable then surely that shows that DM has redefined the level of our ambition. In my opinion that's no reason to show him the door.

OK, fair comment by all, opinions is what its all about.

I'm still not convinced we have turned the corner, its a proper Jeckle and Hyde team we have this season, and as Moyse said himself after the game, "I dont know how many times weve turned the corner this season".

So i will hold fire on any more criticsism, to see if after one good game, we sink back to the normal 3 or 4 rubbish ones.

I think we are further advanced than when he arrived. The level of expectation proves that. Since our appaling start we've taken twenty points from thirteen games. That's sixty points a season form without being able (for whatever reason) to score and missing key players. That's fact and if people think that level of performance is unacceptable then surely that shows that DM has redefined the level of our ambition. In my opinion that's no reason to show him the door.

That is spot on and a point that is often missed. We are majorly disappointed we haven't kick on from last season, and look to have gone backwards if anything. But a lot of this is down to so many new players, the injuries we have had and then the lack of confidence that most teams go through when losing becomes a habit.

I say Moyes deserves another 18 months to mould and further build this squad.

Its a known fact that teams who chop and chance manager every time there is bad form end up losing countless millions of pounds. Some thing Everton just can't afford to do.

If we were to rid...it would be for a chancer, Jewell, Cotteril,Newell etc.

Would prefer if it was to happen that we tried to bring in some "Pedigree"....Rather than another Chancer or getting his big break type of manager.

Moyes 2 Stay.

Guest fozzie22

It was a good result,long overdue after the shit that was served up by the team in december,but as the actress said to the bishop one swallow doesnt make a summer.