IGNORED

Kirkby Looking More Like A Bad Idea

Is moving to Kirkby a good idea?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is moving to Kirkby a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

According to reports in the ECHO "Anfield, Everton and surrounding areas will be transformed with millions of pounds of regeneration money". If moving to Kirkby was an option before then SURELY this news makes it a risk we cant afford to take. Imagine if we went to Kirkby and then Everton/Walton became "transformed" (whatever that means exactly). KIRKBY suddenly sounds even more of a stupid idea than it did before.

I have always said, that the council should build a state of the art new stadium with the "CITY oF CULTURE" money, that would host both teams in Stanley Park.

Lets get a lobby going before we are shipped out as second class citizens, Dont forget we applied for the Stanley park site before they did and we got refused. Bastards.

definatly. the could easily do 80,000 (though that is dependant on ticket prices)

you have to remember that they have fans all over the country (glory hunting cunts as i like to call them)

read a thing in last months 442 which was about FA 4th round day and was about a service station on the M42, they interviewd loads of footy fans and spoke to arsenal fans and kopites and said it was funny that you would always get kpoites in london- but you wouldn;t find a gooner in liverpool. One person said it was becasue of indians, apperantly indian people love the kopites (this was not a racist comment, it was coming from an indian from london who supported liverpool- and this was his opinion)

I was listenin to the radio the other day and they were takking about extending the boundaries ov liverpool so tecknacly were still in the city. so if we could sack of tesco's now cus its crap! whats the problem?????

Jackelz.. could you explain why in your opinion that Tescos offer is crap? You're a few years younger than me and I'd be interested to know what the younger fans think and the reasons for it :)

One person said it was becasue of indians, apperantly indian people love the kopites (this was not a racist comment, it was coming from an indian from london who supported liverpool- and this was his opinion)

My housemate from two years ago is a Birmingham-born Indian he supported Liverpool. I asked him why not Villa or Birmingham City, he said he likes Liverpool and doesn't know why.. needless to say I hated living with him when they won the Champions League. I was the only Evertonian in the house, three didnt like football but all supported Liverpool because of the name.

I also think that they will fill their 80,000 stadium with ease. It's a sad time to be an Evertonian.. Liverpool opting for 80,000 all seater yards from their current stadium and it's bitter pill to swallow when Everton opting to move out of the city for 60,000 all seater (less than 20,000 seats). It's a crying shame.

My housemate from two years ago is a Birmingham-born Indian he supported Liverpool. I asked him why not Villa or Birmingham City, he said he likes Liverpool and doesn't know why.. needless to say I hated living with him when they won the Champions League. I was the only Evertonian in the house, three didnt like football but all supported Liverpool because of the name.

I also think that they will fill their 80,000 stadium with ease. It's a sad time to be an Evertonian.. Liverpool opting for 80,000 all seater yards from their current stadium and it's bitter pill to swallow when Everton opting to move out of the city for 60,000 all seater (less than 20,000 seats). It's a crying shame.

it could be worse- you could be a tranmear rovers fan

Jackelz.. could you explain why in your opinion that Tescos offer is crap? You're a few years younger than me and I'd be interested to know what the younger fans think and the reasons for it :)

Its for the same reasons as anybody else really i mean i would rather have a stadium just for football, without any other stuff around for example shopping complexes, tesco's etc. But in all honesty i would have to admit its the jokes and stick we'd all take for moving out of the city. plus, i would not want it to be called the tesco's stadium and never be sponserd by tesco's or for it to never say anything about tesco's. I find it untraditional and thats one thing that i dont want eveton to lose - tradition.

Theoretically - If Liverpool City Council say to the enemy.. you can have 80,000 capacity but you have to share stadium and stadium costs with Everton.. Would you welcome the move?

possibly.... but only because u make it sound do straight forwards. there's allways more to it. ......80,000 :blink: should be easy to fill with high price demands as there allways is with new stadiuams

I WOULD, we would at least be on a level with them, and not cast out like a second hand unwanted item.

Some people, including the Council ought to remember we were the ORIGONAL AND ONLY club on merseyside, and they're doing EFC and the fans an injustice by not treating us as such.

PS........ There should be a petition to the Council amongst all those other petitions that are flying around.

Apparently the council would like us to stay - probably because of lost income. There was a meeting in town last Saturday and the council leader who's a season ticket holder attended, he said he is desperate to keep everton in the city and has tried to talk the club out of Knowsley but they are not listening.

Apparently the council would like us to stay - probably because of lost income. There was a meeting in town last Saturday and the council leader who's a season ticket holder attended, he said he is desperate to keep everton in the city and has tried to talk the club out of Knowsley but they are not listening.

He's bound to say though isnt he. He's hardly going to come out and say the Council don't want Everton in Liverpool.

I only know one Indian guy he is a cockney and he supports the shite too. Is quite funny if you ever watch a game with him tho specially standing in a pub in Manchester for Man U v Liverpool whilst he shouts Fakkin ewww come Liverpawwww in his cockney accent. Don't half get some funny looks tho understandably :)

Conspiracy head on here folks - I think it is a done deal, and all that remains is for it to be rubber stamped by the board. We all know Silly Billy by now, and TBH there will be something in it for him.

How can a club called Everton continue if they don't exist in Everton itself?. I understand the constraints placed on the club by property value and stuff, but if the Council can make such concessions to the larger club in Liverpool, surely it has to go all ways?.

ATB

Mac

TESCO boss Sir Terry Leahy yesterday said his decision to get involved with the possible move of Everton Football Club to Kirkby had nothing to do with his lifelong love of the club.

Sir Terry said: “(My decision) is commercial. It’s at an early stage. It’s a great collaboration between Knowsley Council and Everton for the regeneration of Kirkby town centre. "

He dismissed the fears of some fans that their club could be moving outside the Liverpool city boundaries,.

Sir Terry said: “Kirkby is part of the Liverpool City Region."

SEE TIS ALL ABOUT GETTING A TESCOS ON THE M57 AND CORNERING THE MARKET IN KIRKBY!

TESCO boss Sir Terry Leahy yesterday said his decision to get involved with the possible move of Everton Football Club to Kirkby had nothing to do with his lifelong love of the club.

SEE TIS ALL ABOUT GETTING A TESCOS ON THE M57 AND CORNERING THE MARKET IN KIRKBY!

so its to do with his lifelong love of money then- well theres a shocker

ill still hold my reservations back until i see plans/models of what they have in mind and details of ownership and costs.

i dont think BK will be taking anything out of the deal, as much as he loves his little toy, i dont think he'd be bold or stupid enough to rip the club off

Its for the same reasons as anybody else really i mean i would rather have a stadium just for football, without any other stuff around for example shopping complexes, tesco's etc. But in all honesty i would have to admit its the jokes and stick we'd all take for moving out of the city. plus, i would not want it to be called the tesco's stadium and never be sponserd by tesco's or for it to never say anything about tesco's. I find it untraditional and thats one thing that i dont want eveton to lose - tradition.

arsenal????????????????????????????