IGNORED

Manny Fernandes

juat thought i would see what everyone thinks, i have been extremely impressed by his overall game, he is technically very good and adds a bit of much needed guile to our midfield, he can tackle pass press forward and defend, but all this makes me think that matbe one of the 'big four' will come in for him.

I like the lad, but we are in need of a left back before anything else. Traditionally we are not a "flair" side, but it does make a nice change to have an exciting player in our midst. But what will he cost us?, I agree we need him, but we have limited resouces, £10m no more IMO.

ATB

Mac

i really want to keep him, dont really mind how much we pay for him because i think he would be worth it. His passing and vision was brilliant, his workrate was very good and i cant remember many everton players to have such good technical footwork.

evrytime he was on the ball yesterday i was getting excited, at times he was thrilling to watch, especially the little mazy run where he made fabregas fall on his arse. awesome

dont car how much we spend i want him here next year

i really want to keep him, dont really mind how much we pay for him because i think he would be worth it. His passing and vision was brilliant, his workrate was very good and i cant remember many everton players to have such good technical footwork.

evrytime he was on the ball yesterday i was getting excited, at times he was thrilling to watch, especially the little mazy run where he made fabregas fall on his arse. awesome

dont car how much we spend i want him here next year

we have to keep him. don't care how much he costs, he adds spice to our midfield, something we've lacked for as long as i can remember!

I am very impressed with Fernandez to be honest - He has shown some good stuff on the pitch. I am impressed that a 20 year old lad has just slotted in to the team to be honest, no settling in period. Just got on the pitch and has played straight away.

He is not scared of putting the tackles in, and its not rash tackling.

He gave the Arsenal players a merry old dance at times yesterday (although, I'd like to see that more in the last third rather than in our own third - my heart was in my mouth, never mind Moyes). However, we have seen enough to show he can lose a player with quick feet and make that bit of pace that takes.

He has also got the capacity for the killer pass - which in my opinion is the difference between a good player and a great player.

Players who can lose a player/take opposition players out of the game with quick feet and then deliver the killer pass, whilst still not being a lightweight when it comes to getting a tackle in are few and far between, and worth investing in.

Moyes must has brought Fernandez in with a view of signing him in the summer. Now do we have first option on him? if so, from what I have seen up to now - I would say buy him. Even if the price is up to £12M (this is likley to include loads of international etc odd ons)

If we are to move on, then we are going to have to take the odd risk in the transfer market - At the tender age of 20 years, and in a very short settling in period (don't forget he has had no sort of pre-season with us - so it just finding his feet) he has show so far that he could become a very very good premiership player.

Moyes and the other players are going to have a really good look at Fernandez before a desision is made on splashing the cash on him, so in my view any expenditure on him is at least going to be a informed risk - rather than paying big money for somebody you have olny seen glimpses of and don't really know as a person.

Up to now Fernandez has shown more on the pitch, than what I was expecting from a 20 year old - my guess is its the same for most Evertonians - Moyes included

Think he's an essential purchase, I mean Cars (although was immense yesturday) is knocking on, I believe the price could be lowred, If neccesery I think he looks like he's worth a punt for a big price, dont know about sellng Beatts, fair enough Vaughn and Vic are coming through but as everyone can surly see, teyve got a long way, Beatts is experienced and coming to a kind of footballing peak (29) glad to see Vaughn play yesturday, did okay, nippy little bugger but ineffective for the most part.

Beware of the man playing for a contract!!!

that said, the fact that he has that ability and confidence to play the ball the way he does is great

You aren't wrong. That just about summed up our squad in the season we finished 4th didn't it. Something like 15 players contracts were up. Re Fenandes I was impressed and it's a great change not to expect a direct 50/50 ball from midfield with him and arteta in the same side.