IGNORED

Fernandes Wants To Stay

Joe

According to a skysports article Fernandes wants to make the move permanent

Manuel Fernandes says he wants to make his move to Everton permanent. The Portugal international has proved a major success for David Moyes's side since arriving on a six-month loan deal from Benfica in January.

Fernandes was the man of the match in the 1-0 win over Arsenal at the weekend and has become a firm favourite with the Everton supporters.

The Everton boss has already indicated he is keen to keep the 21-year-old when his current deal expires in the summer.

But the stumbling block could be the fee, with Benfica expected to want close to £12m for the midfielder.

"I would like to stay in England, and I hope I stay here," Fernandes told the Liverpool Daily Post.

"I don't expect to have any talks with Benfica until the end of my loan here.

"But when you are really wanted at a place, like I am here at Everton, it is good for your self-confidence and if you feel okay at a place, things are going to be okay."

I didn't see this posted anywhere but if it was I'm sorry about that.

It's good to hear but tbh he's not going to say anything is he?
True but maybe if he really didn't like it he just wouldn't say anything, or atleast I hope. For him I think we are the better choice. He might get to play in some CL games with Benfica but overall Everton and the Premiership will make him a better player.

So far I've been very impressed with what I've seen. Very good and comfortable on the ball and can put his foot in when needed. I hope he keeps going til the end of the season and not fade cos so far hes been very good.

12 million is getting battered about which could possibly be the stumbling block. Its a lot of money out of next years kitty, is he worth that much?

I would pay 6.5 tops.

Agreed Ian, but it is not a matter of what we are prepared to offer Benfica, but also what someone else is prepared to offer if he continues to impress. We could be dragged into a bidding war (a la AJ).

ATB

Mac

Yeah that is always the problem isnt it Mac, could possibly see a top 10 club sniffin around (newcastle no doubt <_<) I think we could get him for around the 6-7 mark if there isnt the AJ sort of episode. I hope so cos he looks the real deal.

just the usual talk any player would make imo

i hope he stays, he has looked a good player so far, we need the excitement he can bring. but some people seem to get carried away a little, im guilty of it myself. i think anything over £6m would be a bit harsh at the moment. but he is the type of player we need

If we can get him it would be brilliant, he is quality but can we afford him? Unless we can do a deal I don't think we will get him as other clubs have more dosh and we need so spread our butter evenly.

He's here, let him enjoy his footie and in the meantime lets brainwash him into being a blue. We need another quality player.

In the real world, what is a 21 year old midfielder worth?. Exactly what someone is prepared to pay for him is our answer. I would like to think Benfica would be realistic and have a contract where if the player is a part of a successful team there would be bonus payments, If we can get away with £7-9m I would like to think that this is good business.

ATB

Mac

Reds got Mascherano for 1.5 mill, :o a tempting offer of 2 mill for Tevez might swing it for us. :D

A few people seem keen on Tevez.

If we get him I'll be right behind him but god hes an ugly sod. Like a South American Peter Beardsley.

Edited by Maghull70