IGNORED

Top Six League Table

MikeO

Not worked this out but according to the official site..

In a league table of matches between sides in the Premiership's top six Everton are currently placed second behind Manchester United and ahead of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Bolton.

That point is illustrated by victories this season over Liverpool, Arsenal and Bolton coupled with draws at Anfield and The Emirates.

But for Chelsea's late flurry in the league meeting at Goodison, Manchester United would be the only side in the top six to have secured victory against the Blues.

That fact illustrates Osman's point that the Toffees are scared of nobody.

However, he admits they have to be more clinical against the sides currently below them in the Premiership table if they are to maintain their position in the top six.

He said: "If you look at some of the results that we've had this year - four points off Arsenal and Liverpool, beating Tottenham at White Hart Lane - we are going to the big teams and taking more points off them than they are off us.

"If we could just get consistent and beat the so-called lesser teams, we wouldn't be far away. We have got to concentrate on ourselves.

"We have gone back up a couple of places and we are chasing Bolton now. That has got to be our first target. We just want to pick up as many points as we can.

Very interesting stat IMO.

It is very interesting and just shows how we've improved and are more consistant.

I think it urkes most people the dodgy point we have dropped, and I think licker pointed it out on another thread that we would be pushing for forth place if we had have not lost so many of the points we should ahve picked up

I love playing the big boys these days we will get a good game and very rarely get spanked but along with everyone else its the stupid ones like letting City back in at home that do my head in!

I know, the Arsenal game was brilliant, especially Aj's goal at the Gwladys street, must have been amazing sitting behind the goal

I know, the Arsenal game was brilliant, especially Aj's goal at the Gwladys street, must have been amazing sitting behind the goal

That game for me was perfect for three reasons.

1) It was my birthday

2)I was watching it with my dad in a pub full of gooners

3 ) It will be the last Everton game i get to watch this season (i think) as im going travelling for 5 months next wednesday.

You might say he was a fish out of water. ;)

how did the meeting with rob foy go?

Its Ray Foy pffft :rolleyes:

I met with Lindsay Veitch his deputy & the meeting went well but I realistically got nothing but a chance to put my point accross before they told me I was banned.

Just got the letter through too and it says my renewal for next year will be up for review so it looks like they my be witholding my renewal for some reason too!

:(

I love playing the big boys these days we will get a good game and very rarely get spanked but along with everyone else its the stupid ones like letting City back in at home that do my head in!

I know its ultimately our fault BUT I tend to think the REF let City back into that game. What was it, the 4th or 5th minute into 3 minutes injury time?

Look @ the Goal Diff column.

I'm A big believer in that stat as a bearing. Anyone near us are just about all in the red, some heavily whilst we are from mem +11/12 or sumfin akin.

My old Bug Bear of dropping points we shouldnt have, would have us well clear of the immediate pack, or @ worst King's of the pretenders.