IGNORED

Are We In The Dark Days Of David Moyes?

djlduffy

You know when people talk about the dark days of walter smith, are we currently in a similar era? I can remember some awful performances when Smith was in charge and our current form reminds me of many of those times.

I think we scored more goals under Walter as well which is worrying beyond belief.

Are we doooommmed? Hope not COYB!!

Walter Smith just happens to be the only Everton manager ever, to balance the clubs books.

In four cash strapped years at the helm, and the board selling off his best players to maintain survival, Walter could hold his head up high and say he never cost the club a penny. Indeed it is said in footballing circles that a manager of less experience might not have been able to keep them in the premiership.

So i for one will not criticise walter, yes the times where similar football wise, and it was a long hard struggle for us, but he kept us in there, no thanks to the board, he had only been here 4 months and They sold Duncan without his knowledge .!!..

I would haved walked out there and then, but he stayed for 4 years with not a penny to spend, so as i said i wont criticise him for doing the Job.

I dont think he ever got the credit he deserved.

Edited by toffeelicker

Guest fozzie22

Aye Walter did himself no favours by being so damn miserable,but i do find this preiod of time very similar to the one when WS was sacked.

No clue,no goals,

but we'll see.

Aye Walter did himself no favours by being so damn miserable,but i do find this preiod of time very similar to the one when WS was sacked.

No clue,no goals,

but we'll see.

I think that we have to have some perceiverance (excuse the spelling - I was up all night clearing my sewar drains!).

Moyes is having a bad season and he hasn't yet got the team playing forward or anywhere near fit enough to play the current 'counter attack' style of footie...

Time is all that is needed, I am sure of that...Alex ferguson was one game from the boot 15 yrs ago at Utd - but look what happened to them. I am not that misguided to think that the same will happen to Everton, but there is nothing (except this season) stopping us from finishing high in seasons to come. The league this year is very tight, infact, two wins sees you in the top half - Charlton are 5 pts ahead of us and they have been described as having a good season, with Danny Murhpy playing well etc.etc.

Boro are only 3pts ahead and nobody is considering them for the drop!

So all it takes is a good run and things start to turn around and we, as relegation candidates, will start dreaming of Europe again.

We have had the shittest start to teh season that we could have had but I am sure that it will turn around. Not sure how, but I am hoping that it will be sooner rather than later. Another 5 games unbeaten and we will more or less be flying and aiming for a decent finish.

Lets hope that Moyes can rally the guys together and get them playing for one another and make them lose their individuality on the park. Its a team game and we aint playing as a team - last year we where a unit and sadly that has disappeared this year.