IGNORED

Iain Turner

Howard can't play against United.

TIM HOWARD is aiming to close in on a modern clean sheet record at Upton Park tomorrow – before taking an enforced break from Everton’s Euro bid.

The great Neville Southall holds Everton’s clean sheet record in the Premiership era – 15 shut-outs during the 1994-95 campaign, which includes the club record of seven in a row.

Howard has kept 13 so far this season – but knows he can only play in three of Everton’s four remaining matches.

The American will be a spectator when Manchester United visit Everton next weekend in a match that could have a vital bearing on the destination of the Premiership title.

Howard is barred from facing his old club this season under an agreement reached when he made the £3 million move from Old Trafford to Goodison Park.

Cos Man Utd's game is next week, Probs only be on the bench and will play Teflon.

Tho it should be the other way round cos Turners been playing regular, and turning in some good perfs.

:|

Ok so I got completely lost with that one.

If he's bringing him back he should play he's been doing well and will be razor sharp in comparison to Dickie!

:|

Ok so I got completely lost with that one.

If he's bringing him back he should play he's been doing well and will be razor sharp in comparison to Dickie!

He SHOULD lol but moyes seems to have faith in richard wrong (i believe he is a lost cause) we should give turner a chance because if next season howard gets injured (touch wood that wont happen) and wrong has left (i hope) we will need to rely on him unless we bring westerveld in again. :P

Lars Stubhaug...and he's Norwegian (so Swedish is close enough :lol: ).

Surely that means someone's on their way and it can't be Ruddy or Turner. Only one possibility...

The non-stick flying man is leaving the building B) !

i hope Richard Wrong dont play against united if he does i dont think we have a chance lol

My uncle is a season ticket holder at Palace and from talking to him he does not seem to think that Turner is at the standard required to keep in the Prem atm he says that his shot stopping is very good and natural reflexes are brilliant but he says that he tends to be a bit unsure on bossing his area and when to come for the ball on crosses or to let the defence deal with it, saying that he believes that this will improve and that he is a real prospect but not quite at the stage where he is ready for the first team.

I really dont think 451 would be sensible considering it is like a must win game we need 2 upfront no matter who.

Man Utd has a very strong midfield and even if we add another midfielder I dont think it would make much differance however if we could have 2 strikers it would put uniteds defence under severe pressure with Fernandes + Mikel providing good service.

Feeling a bit nervous for the guy now as he is looking for him to do well if he is to peform with Howard next season, or so it says!

Man U is the most in form team down there and it'll be a huge test for Ian. I have my fingers crossed he can do well and show his ability in this game. ;)

wish wright would have played

he did well considering that this is his first real premiership start also he made a good few saves. i wish fernades started in middle and osman on wing and BT upfront and neville on bench

Edited by Foxon

watching the game i thought turner did well. although he made a dreadful mistake for their first goal he did ok. made a few good saves including one from ronaldo.
He did have a few good saves but his one big mistake was HUGE. It might be unfair to say but if he hadn't dropped that ball I think we would have gotten atleast 1 point maybe even 3. The momentum changed after that. We definitely missed Howard today. It is a very tough loss to swallow.