IGNORED

Keep Everton In Our City Documentary Questionnaire

I have been asked to create a 5 minute documentary, the documentary will be submitted as a piece of work for my college course. The topic that I have decided to make my documentary is the argument between Everton and the fans over the proposed move to Kirkby. I have recently spoken to a presenter of BBC Radio Merseyside who informed me that once the documentary is complete, he may be able to have it put on the giant screen in the city centre.

As research I have put together a short questionnaire which will help to develop my ideas for the documentary. I would kindly appreciate it if your were to take a few minutes to complete the questionnaire.

1. If the club were to move to Kirkby, how do you think that it would effect the future of the club, eg. through performance, support etc.?

2. Would the move to Kirkby stop you from going to watch the team, if yes why?

3. If you were able to ask Bill Kenwright a question about the proposed move, what would it be?

4. What would you offer as an alternative, if anything?

5. Finally, if their is anything else that you have any suggestions for the documentary, something that i could include or information that you think my help, please include them here:

Thanks, I'll post any updates on the forum.

Won't answer all the questions because I'm not local and don't feel I have the knowledge to do it justice but two points..

Think you're making a mistake by assuming it's an "argument" between club and supporters as a starting point. It may become an argument between the club and a proportion of the supporters at some point but currently the club are investigating their options and the fans are expressing their opinions. Nothing yet to argue about.

Having said that I was quite surprised by the strength of opposition to the possibility of the move when I came up for the Charlton game. Spoke to a lot of people and they were virtually unanimously against it.

Finally, my answer to question 2 would be no.

Good luck with it anyway.

1. If it is done correctly then I would think it could only be positive for the club. Be done corretly meaning it has to by far the most beneficial to Everton Football financially than any other option available within the city limits. Finance rules modern football and there is no way around that. If it mean partnering with a hugly successful company like Tesco's to get best value then I am for it. If the team is competative and we have world class facilities and stadium the fans will come - I am sure of that. If Tesco's want to be associated with Everton football club I am all for harvesting a relationship with them as you just don't know where it may lead. Building a relationship with the biggest retailer in the county can only be positive.

- I wonder if we could have double club card points when we spend on admission and mechendise!!!

2. A move to Kirby wouldn't stop me following the club I love - its not as if its going to put a huge amount of traveling time on my journey. The most important thing to me is watching Everton become ever more competative. I have the same feelings whether we win at Goodison or any other ground accross the country. Its the team and their performances that counts rather than the venue. I don't go to be in Goodison, I go to watch the team.

3. How do you think moving to Kirby will attract potential investers to the club!!

4. don't know

5. Youv'e only got 5 minutes!!!!!!

Good luck Blue_Scouser1878 with this project........Like above I'm not a local

so feel it's probably more of an issue to them!

But for what its worth I can only state how I feel.

I live in Kings Lynn Norfolk,so a home games an away game to me,and can

only make 5/6 a season.....if when I arrive in liverpool an extra couple of miles in

a taxi wont really stop me from coming!(unless he's a rs driver!)

I would rather the ground stay just where it is.....I don't really mind the cobble

streets,terraced houses,crowded streets packed with fans,police horse shit,

hot dogs and chips.....in fact I like it!Rather that than some out of town concrete

waistland,where you can shop and maybe get a nice meal!I want to see a football

match with atmosphere....isn't that Goodison!

They say by staying at Goodison were going backwards!.......Well from what I

can see with a small squad,injuries and lost silly points,were still 5th while some

teams with half full new stadiums can only look up at us!....and I can't see by

being there next season anything will change........if teams don't like coming

to Goodison......GOOD!!

BUT if moving is the ONLY way to make us a better team(can't believe it really)

then I'm for it......I guess we belong within the city limits.

Will it help us(the new stadium).....hasn't helped,man city,middlesborough,

Newcastle and a few others!

Might not help luckypool.........no more fortress Anfield...OOOHHhhh that will

hurt!

Sorry Blue_Scouser1878.....told you I couldn't help.

1. If the club were to move to Kirkby, how do you think that it would effect the future of the club, eg. through performance, support etc.?

I do not think performance would be affected but I fear home support will dwindle in the long run.

I don't get to Goodison much now but I think it would stop me going because as it stands if you do not drive then transport to Kirkby is tenuous, it takes over an hour from Liverpool city centre on the bus and the trains are every half an hour.

3. If you were able to ask Bill Kenwright a question about the proposed move, what would it be?

The reason the fans were behind you is because you voted against Kirkby, Why did you change your mind?

The house and school behinds the bullens and recreate a new bullens road stand that is three tiers high and holds around three times as many people as now.

5. Finally, if their is anything else that you have any suggestions for the documentary, something that i could include or information that you think my help, please include them here:

A TT plug would be lovely ;). Is the documentary to be neutral, pro Liverpool or pro Kirkby?

Alreet Cole hears my answers although you could have knocked over an wrote them down yourself you lazy barstool :P

The major effect on moving to kirkby will be the loss of local support IMO, Everton have the most fans from any premier league club who walk to the match. I don't think you will loose too many of the current fans but the kids growing up wont be traveling to kirkby when Liverpool have one of the best grounds in the country parked on their doorsteps.

I think the major issue regarding the move is that we do not become a whore to Tesco and we do not build a copycat lifeless stadium. Bill Kenwright needs to ensure this move is not motivated by financial support but for the good of our club on the level that is important to its heartbeat, us!

No never, I'm hooked from that first visit until today everything to do with this club still makes my skin tingle I could never be without that.

What are the terms of Tescos proposal?

I think this would hightlight exactly what I fear and open up proper debate because I believe this is only being considered because Tesco are pouring money at us. Good on one level but I think we are overlooking more popular options for the sake of a quick buck!

My ideal if it was possible to re-build a Goodison to make us proud would be to stay where we are and break the current trend of leaving your spiritual home. We will never IMO fill a 60, 70, 80,000 seater so why isnt Goodison as ideal now as it was 100 years ago?? We could quite easily re-develope to a 60,000 seater it would just cost us more!

Check out the KEIOC website there is detailed proposals for re-developement issued to the club several years ago by the fella who re-developed Newcastle town centre and It's an interesting read.

Good luck with the documentry :thumbsup_still: