IGNORED

What Might Be A Realistic Transfer Budget This Summer?

We all talk about who should come to the club and who we can and can't afford. But how much money do you tink we will have to spend this summer?

I read today that if Sheff Utd stay up Warnock will be handed £20M to spend becasue of the new TV deal money.

Considering Kilbane went at the very end of last year and Davies in January I would have thought that Moyes may have £15M - £20M or to spend this summer (assuming we get a UEFA spot)- plus anything raised from sales.

I know it sounds a lot, but it should be more that was avalable last year, becasue of the new TV money and increased prize money. UEFA cup gates and TV should put a bit more in to the coffers, nothing on CL scale but maybe £3-4M.

I think Moyes needs to identify his targets and get them in quick this summer, much like he did last year. With this new TV money coming in to the Prem and two fairly well off and well supported clubs like Sunderland and Birmingham coming up, competition for your £6M and less players is going to be fierce this summer.

So my best estimate is £20M plus any fund raised.

We all talk about who should come to the club and who we can and can't afford. But how much money do you tink we will have to spend this summer?

I read today that if Sheff Utd stay up Warnock will be handed £20M to spend becasue of the new TV deal money.

Considering Kilbane went at the very end of last year and Davies in January I would have thought that Moyes may have £15M - £20M or to spend this summer (assuming we get a UEFA spot)- plus anything raised from sales.

I know it sounds a lot, but it should be more that was avalable last year, becasue of the new TV money and increased prize money. UEFA cup gates and TV should put a bit more in to the coffers, nothing on CL scale but maybe £3-4M.

I think Moyes needs to identify his targets and get them in quick this summer, much like he did last year. With this new TV money coming in to the Prem and two fairly well off and well supported clubs like Sunderland and Birmingham coming up, competition for your £6M and less players is going to be fierce this summer.

So my best estimate is £20M plus any fund raised.

Yer we would all expect to have about that but with Eveton anything could happen.

If we have about 18 - 20 Million to spend for next season that would be good and if we sell to have that money aswell...

I think BT will go for about 2.5 Million

VDM 1.5 Million.

Naysmith 1 Million

So there could be 25 million to spend on maybe:

Fernandes - No one no's how much he will cost but lets say about 10

Baines 3 Million

Barton 5 Million

D Allesandro 5 Million

Arteta New Contract

25 million would get us all them things if we can sell good and buy good.

Just Thinking About That Team We COULD Have:

Howard

Hibbo

Lescott

Yobo

Baines

D Allesandro

Fernandes

Barton

Cahill

Arteta

Johnson

Turner

Neville

Carlsey

Vaughan

Victor

That Team Would Be Amazing...Even With 5 Midfielders The Midfield Would Give A.J Quality Service And Then He Would Get Us 20 A Season No Doubt...Maybe Even Champions League.

Lets All Get Behind The Lads On Sunday COYBS!!!!

Edited by Blue4Ever

yer, barnes is good but I wouldnt think he is ready to go strait into the first 11 so we money should be spent on people who would play every week.

would love barnes here, dont think we could afford him after signing other people tbh, derby will want a decetn price for him plus spurs are after him so there would be a bidding war.

Everton in a bidding war, u must be joking lol

Edited by Blue4Ever

Half on topic, but, I hope Moyes does what he did last year and despite all the millions of transfer rumours he has a few player earmarked and get business done nice and early with a few suprises.

As I recall, Lescott was out of the blue until it was happening

i love the summer transfer window - we hardly get beat in the summer! i just hate the way some people expect the club to run every little story on the OS, confirm and deny every rumour that gathers a little pace. very annoying!

No idea how much we'll spend but I'd hazard guess at a big fee (fernandes) which translates to a small wedge dependent on a lot of factors plus Barton for his 5.5M release clause. If the TV money & revenue we have from selling the deadwood ends up getting completely swallowed up without explanation like has done in the past I'll be pissed off.

I think you may get Barton for less than 5.5 due to his recent troubles.

I would love to see

In:

Bainess from Wigan = 3m?

Barton = 4m

Fernandes = 8m

Another centre Half = 5m - we will lose Yobo to African Nations Cup

Another Striker = 7m

Lets not forget we have already signed Howard

Out:

VDM = 750k

BT = 2.5m

Naysmith = 1m (tops)

Lets see what happens

Scouse said ............

In:

Bainess from Wigan = 3m?

Barton = 4m

Fernandes = 8m

Another Striker = 7m

Baines and Barton might cost a bit more, but even at your Prices your spending £27 million. :o:o.

I think £10 -- £15 million would be a more realistic figure ............ If we're Lucky.

Scouse said ............

In:

Bainess from Wigan = 3m?

Barton = 4m

Fernandes = 8m

Another Striker = 7m

Baines and Barton might cost a bit more, but even at your Prices your spending £27 million. :o:o.

I think £10 -- £15 million would be a more realistic figure ............ If we're Lucky.

Yes but we recoup 4.5m aswell plus Beattie of the wages

Guest blueboy122

We will not get barton for 5.5 million it will be well cheaper we are looking at 2-3 million i reakon they will want him out of the club so we shud make a bid.Maybe i dno very contraversiol. Baines would cost about 2-3 million i suspect. Also we should at least make an attempt to get sidwell squad player on a free. Also moyes hould try and get some loan signings to make up the numbers. Because we wil finish around 14/15th if we dont. Due to the fact that are squad is small and even tho it is quality they can not go all season with out a rest.

Well one thing's for sure, we are going to need more depth. All four of the teams in this year's UEFA Cup went into September with at least 29 players on their active rosters, and had enough to spare that they sent several out on loans, too. We have 26 roster players and nobody on loan right now, which - unless you're Chelsea and every one of your roster players are at or near world-class level - is not enough to handle both European and domestic campaigns. IMO we'd need to look at signing at least three or four guys this summer even if we brought all 26 back, and we already know that all 26 are not coming back.