IGNORED

Why Are We So Shit?

Steve L

The ultimate question!

Think we need to go back to basics with this lot.

We're leaking like the titanic at the moment (and we all know what happened there). So, first and foremost surely we need to sort things at the back.

Let's get it right there so we stop giving goals away and at least we may get back to being hard to beat. (remember last season? we didn't lose badly very often and scraped loads of 1-0's).

DM's staff MUST spend hours with these defenders and get them working as a unit. At the moment they're just individuals! Has Yobo decided to stop bringing the ball out off his own bat? They must learn to play as a back four!

In the middle, our performances have been pretty good mostly and all DM ever goes on about is how much effort is being put in.

Well, effort alone is not going to get us anywhere. Where is the forward driving midfield? What's up with Cahill? Let's play 4-5-1 again and encourage him to get forward while Neville holds the middle.

Arteta is most effective on the right side, and when (if)VDM sorts his injurys out, he's very effective on the left, we should have a good supply for BT and the late arriving Cahill.

BT runs a good line up front and is turning into a good hard working centre forward who links things well (if he has options).

We need better players but in the current "no money available" situation, we need to get back to the basics of not losing.

It's not fuckin' rocket science is it ??????

Guest fozzie22
The ultimate question!

Think we need to go back to basics with this lot.

We're leaking like the titanic at the moment (and we all know what happened there). So, first and foremost surely we need to sort things at the back.

Let's get it right there so we stop giving goals away and at least we may get back to being hard to beat. (remember last season? we didn't lose badly very often and scraped loads of 1-0's).

DM's staff MUST spend hours with these defenders and get them working as a unit. At the moment they're just individuals! Has Yobo decided to stop bringing the ball out off his own bat? They must learn to play as a back four!

In the middle, our performances have been pretty good mostly and all DM ever goes on about is how much effort is being put in.

Well, effort alone is not going to get us anywhere. Where is the forward driving midfield? What's up with Cahill? Let's play 4-5-1 again and encourage him to get forward while Neville holds the middle.

Arteta is most effective on the right side, and when (if)VDM sorts his injurys out, he's very effective on the left, we should have a good supply for BT and the late arriving Cahill.

BT runs a good line up front and is turning into a good hard working centre forward who links things well (if he has options).

We need better players but in the current "no money available" situation, we need to get back to the basics of not losing.

It's not fuckin' rocket science is it ??????

To my mind 2 things sparked this dreadful form..Gravesons sale and the arrival of BT.

We had no choice but to try and change a winning system to accomodate him,and frankly we're not good enough to play 4-4-2.

Grav going was a hammer blow,the way he played last season showed us how good he was for us,(well for a few months anyway :angry: ).

DM surely must see the writings on the wall for him now,and it has to be in the clubs best interest for him to go,closely followed by the dickhead chairman of ours.

A LOT OF PEOPLE SEEM TO BE FORGETTING WHAT A MASSIVE CLUB WE ARE.

Dont think for one minute that nobody would take us on, there will no end of managers queueing up to take us on.

After, manure, arsenal, chelsea, rs, and possibly spurs, there is no other club in the LAND who are bigger than EFC, and we should finish in the top 6 positions every season.

Any manager outside those top 5 teams would jump at the chance to come to such a big Club.

David Moyse is a very privileged man to be in charge, and the players also should realise the opportunity they have to achieve the pinnacle of their careers at this club, if only they would show some more pride and commitment in their respective jobs.

Guest fozzie22

We where a massive club,but due to boardroom actions over the last few years we're no longer the "big" club we like to think we are.

We operate in the twilight world thats home to spurs,villa etc,

BUT saying that when the axe comes there'll be 50 managers beating down the door to Goodison

droobie I think we changed because everyone else changed to that formation. as fozzie has said a million times, we stopped winning when Gravesson walked in January so something had to be changed weather it be formation or anything else.

toffeelicker I don't think the queue to be Eveton manager would be that big just because the fan's claim us to be a "big club". Were an old club, we used to do well in the league and yes we've been a top flight club without fail for over 40 years. but we've fallen behind when it keeps to keeping ourselves "big" both on and off the pitch.

We've got a ground that only holds 40,000 people, less than Sunderland. Until a year ago when we were fortunate enough to produce a 1 in a million talent we had no money to speak of. In fact our books were horendously in the red, I believe this year was this first year in a long time when the club has actually made a profit.

We haven't won anything in 10 years and I don't think our name would be recognised in many footballing nations.

Our efforts at becoming big in emerging nations such as Thailand and China seem to have been fairly poor.

Oh what more do I need to say, if we think were the big club that we used to be were living in a dreamworld. The club has been poorly managed (as in board etc..) and the team hasn't done anything of note to make a difference, we've fallen into obscurity and apart from last season did nothing to change that.

Even our effort in Europe did nothing to make a name for ourselves!

true, Everton were a great club, but not anymore, its a shame, since the early 90's we have gone downhill and LFC are again rising like japan did in 1941 at pearl harbour.

wednesday nite was a true reflection of the gulf between the two clubs, while they are to bulid a state of the art stadium we must sit week and week out in our crumbling stadium, what can we do to improve it things!! change of board, i wudnt get rid of moyes, he did agreat job last year but to say they were the best team on merseyside a few days before

liverpool came from 3-0 down to one of the best teams in europe to life big ears for a fith time just shows how much we are jumping the gun a bit.

bring back the good old days of lineker, sharpy, sheedy, stevens, binman, thats all i say!!

big game tomoz, six pointer, why are we in this position????????????????????????????????????????????

Guest fozzie22
true, Everton were a great club, but not anymore, its a shame, since the early 90's we have gone downhill and LFC are again rising like japan did in 1941 at pearl harbour.

wednesday nite was a true reflection of the gulf between the two clubs, while they are to bulid a state of the art stadium we must sit week and week out in our crumbling stadium, what can we do to improve it things!! change of board, i wudnt get rid of moyes, he did  agreat job last year but to say they were the best team on merseyside a few days before 

liverpool came from 3-0 down to one of the best teams in europe to life big ears for a fith time just shows how much we are jumping the gun a bit.

bring back the good old days of lineker, sharpy, sheedy, stevens, binman, thats all i say!!

big game tomoz, six pointer, why are we in this position????????????????????????????????????????????

Good post and welcome :)

I think the current troubles go back even further than the early 90s tbh,i can remeber having to scrimp and save to get inchy from stoke..we couldnt sign reid from bolton for 600k..this is a club that thinks its a big club,but for few glorious years mid eighteis we havent been a "big" club.

I agree that when all is said and done the RS didnt break sweat against us the other night,even when we scored it always looked a banker for the shite.

They're not too far behind the chelsea now as the second best team in england and it showed,and i hate writing that but its true,sadly.

As for whats gone wrong,well signing stikers who dont score,defenders who cant defend hasnt helped DM at all,we're not a team,but a collection of individuals who dont seem to know one another.

As for whats gone wrong,well signing stikers who dont score,defenders who cant defend hasnt helped DM at all,we're not a team,but a collection of individuals who dont seem to know one another.

You've hit the nail on the bonce ther fozz, the changes in the team havent, 1. come off, 2. gelled, 3. Injuries, 4. Luck.

This season, if it could have gonewrong it has, many things have been out of the managers control.

But, you live and die by results and if we dont get some soon we will be up shite creek without a boat, never mind a paddle

We where a massive club,but due to boardroom actions over the last few years we're no longer the "big" club we like to think we are.

We operate in the twilight world thats home to spurs,villa etc,

BUT saying that when the axe comes there'll be 50 managers beating down the door to Goodison

I don't think it will be long before Spurs have left that twilight zone.

Can't agree with you Fozzie.

I think Arteta is a better and more consistent player than Graversen to be honest (in less than 12 months in the Prem). So to harp back to the days of Gravesen are a bit to easy to do. We 'nicked' a lot of games 1-0 last term, I think luck played a bigger part than Gravs to be honest.

To get rid of Gravs with 6 months left on his contract and basically get a younger Arteta for basically the same money as we got for Gravs was a good move.

Having now seen Beattie get a proper run of more than 10+ games under his belt, I think he is a great signing for us. He is a very hard working player who runs all game, and is a forward who is not just about goal scoring.

This season he has started 16 games with a return of 6 goals (and you could say at least 2-3 of these starts have been games getting him match fit). That isn't a bad return from a striker who has had to play with a number of partners and sometimes no partner. If more chances are created, he gets a more stable partner and if he and the team find a bit more confidence then we will see that not to bad goal/game ratio improve further.

He has run and run for the whole of this Xmas period. So the fat, lazy, unfit, man tits argument is done and dusted for me.

"He has run and run for the whole of this Xmas period. So the fat, lazy, unfit, man tits argument is done and dusted for me"

Yeah i'll go along with that, and the good thing about it is that the more he runs around the fitter he becomes, and if the team as a unit play as we know they can play, he wont have to run back to help as much, and will be in position to score more often.

The team as a unit needs to improve, then we might see the best of him.

20 goals ???.............................................nah not this season, but maybe next. :( .

You never do :(

I mean 8 goals in 12 months is a great return from a 6 million pound striker..

Agreed, if he had been fully fit and available for in all our games, but come on you have to say just judging him on him in his first proper run of games ( the last 12 or so) he has been one of our better and more consistent players.

So goals per games starting (i.e fit) this season isn't that bad considering how our team overall has been playing. In the Prem 5 in 14, if you times that up to a full season we are looking at 13-14 league goals, that top 5 or 6 strike rate in the Prem (not many hit 20+ nowadays), and I wouldn't say he is on top goal scoring form yet, so possibley more to come.

I have to say I am impressed with his contribution over the last couple of months (goals, holding the ball up, chasing down defenders, goal line clearences etc)

Forgeting the previous 8 months, and considering the chopping and changing to his supporting attacking players over the past few months, what is your honest view on Beattie over the last 12 games only?

I've also been impressed with his attitude, fair enough hes not scored enough, but hes treid, especially when a few people have been knocking the players comitment for the manager. I think hes always got the attitude "I'll show yer"