IGNORED

Uefa Cup

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only about a three hour flight if you go non-stop to Kiev, £200/£300 ish but then you've got a three hundred mile drive at the other end. Properly arranged trip with the club looks like the only option, well out of my budget range sadly :( .

For a nasty moment I thought that they were drawing the group stage at the same time....putting us in with Villarreal, Galatasaray, Bayer Leverkusen and St Petersburg....not the case thankfully :unsure: .

Kharkiv is almost on the Russian Border, has its own Airport but i dont think they do external flights, would mean flying to Kiev and switching planes, they do internal flights all day long.

Possible that the Club would arrange something for the supporters to save a lot of worry and running about.

Only about a three hour flight if you go non-stop to Kiev, £200/£300 ish but then you've got a three hundred mile drive at the other end. Properly arranged trip with the club looks like the only option, well out of my budget range sadly :( .

For a nasty moment I thought that they were drawing the group stage at the same time....putting us in with Villarreal, Galatasaray, Bayer Leverkusen and St Petersburg....not the case thankfully :unsure: .

It is the case isn't it?

Ukrainian team.

I'm there. Beers. Girlies.

Hello there!!!

I am a big Metallist Kharkov fan since 1961. Please do not be worry for I am not here to annoy you in any way. I just want to say hello from many other fans from our beautiful city of Kharkov. I know that most of you have never heard about our football team and or about our city. This off course does not surprise me at all because our team although exists since 1925, had never achieved much with exception of 1988 when we won a cup of USSR.

But we know a lot about English Football league and certainly know a lot about your team. We do not make illusions about our chances to beat you, quite frankly they are small, but we hope we will. One who never dreams never gets anywhere....you know.

Well, should you need any information about Metallist please feel free to ask me any questions. I will be happy to answer.

Best regards to all of you,

Vitaly K.

:rolleyes:

Hey All!

Nice to see you're wondering about our team. :)

Of course I agree that your team is a favorite in this two matches, but I hope we could beat you at our home stadium ;)

It will be our first games in European Cup after Ukraine became independent state in 1991 (there were some games in UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1988/1989 season, but I was too little to see this matches). So I'm sure for 100% you don't know anything about our team, maybe it will be our chance.

Hope it will be interesting and pertinacious matches...

Today Metalist leaders are Oleksandr Rykun, Marko Dević, Seweryn Gancarczyk, Venance Zézé and others...

2Licker,

Yes, Kharkiv has it's own airport, but there are no external flight :(

So, you can flight to Kiev and then go to Kharkov via railroad's express (nearly 6 hours).

Nice to meet you in Kharkov in the beginning of October, hope we'll have some chance after out first match :)

P.S. Sorry for bad English :)

Hey All!

Nice to see you're wondering about our team. :)

Of course I agree that your team is a favorite in this two matches, but I hope we could beat you at our home stadium ;)

It will be our first games in European Cup after Ukraine became independent state in 1991 (there were some games in UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1988/1989 season, but I was too little to see this matches). So I'm sure for 100% you don't know anything about our team, maybe it will be our chance.

Hope it will be interesting and pertinacious matches...

Today Metalist leaders are Oleksandr Rykun, Marko Dević, Seweryn Gancarczyk, Venance Zézé and others...

2Licker,

Yes, Kharkiv has it's own airport, but there are no external flight :(

So, you can flight to Kiev and then go to Kharkov via railroad's express (nearly 6 hours).

Nice to meet you in Kharkov in the beginning of October, hope we'll have some chance after out first match :)

P.S. Sorry for bad English :)

Probably better use of the language than myself. Then again i'm Welsh :)

Diolch.

Yes, you are right. Ukrainian league is dominated by Dinamo Kiev and Shahter Donetsk. These 2 teams are owned by a very reach people even by your standards. Metallist (meaning metal workers) Kharkov (Kharkiv is Ukrainian spelling, but most people in our city speak Russian) is owned by Alexandr Yaroslavsky who is a very successful businessman (also very, very reach) from Kharkov has purchased our team just 3 years ago and within such small period had moved it from second echelone to bronze medals. And we were just 1 point behind Donetsk in the end.

Currently we are not doing that well, but holding 5 place after 7 games. Our problem is unbelievable lock of luck, we have allowed opposition to score goals on the last minute of the game twice in last two games that cost us 4 points.

Ok, now about transportation. If you planning a trip to Kharkov, be prepared to some inconveniences:

1. we do not have direct flights to England, you will have to fly to Kiev and then a little less than 1 hour will take you to fly to Kharkov.

2. Our hotels are not exactly 5 stars, but not as bad as some may think. So lets just say they are OK.

3. People generally do not speak English, so prepare some knowledge in Russian.

4. Our stadium is being under renovation. 1 section (1/4 of capacity) is not even there yet. We are building state of the art facility for 2012 UEFA, but we are still far away from finish. This said the stadium will be packed because your team will be the largest attraction this stadium has ever seen. So it will be loud.

But please take time to visit our city center, where you will see our historical buildings and monuments and the largest square in Europe. Oh yes, our girls are the most beautiful in Ukraine and this is no joke.

A little about me. I do not currently live in Kharkov. I had left it 30 years ago for America, but my heart is allways there. I keep contact with many friends there and sometimes go there to visit my father's grave.

Best regards, Vitaly K.

:D

Metallfan

Vitaly k.

Thank you very much for coming onto our Fans Forum you are very welcome, Your English is Very good.

Hope we make the Games entertaining and we all enjoy the experience of competing in EURO, Am i right in thinking Kharkiv was once famous for making Tanks and other Army vehicles ??

How close to Russian Border are you.

Thanks again for any information you have or will provide.

Licker.

Yes, you are right. Ukrainian league is dominated by Dinamo Kiev and Shahter Donetsk. These 2 teams are owned by a very reach people even by your standards. Metallist (meaning metal workers) Kharkov (Kharkiv is Ukrainian spelling, but most people in our city speak Russian) is owned by Alexandr Yaroslavsky who is a very successful businessman (also very, very reach) from Kharkov has purchased our team just 3 years ago and within such small period had moved it from second echelone to bronze medals. And we were just 1 point behind Donetsk in the end.

Currently we are not doing that well, but holding 5 place after 7 games. Our problem is unbelievable lock of luck, we have allowed opposition to score goals on the last minute of the game twice in last two games that cost us 4 points.

Ok, now about transportation. If you planning a trip to Kharkov, be prepared to some inconveniences:

1. we do not have direct flights to England, you will have to fly to Kiev and then a little less than 1 hour will take you to fly to Kharkov.

2. Our hotels are not exactly 5 stars, but not as bad as some may think. So lets just say they are OK.

3. People generally do not speak English, so prepare some knowledge in Russian.

4. Our stadium is being under renovation. 1 section (1/4 of capacity) is not even there yet. We are building state of the art facility for 2012 UEFA, but we are still far away from finish. This said the stadium will be packed because your team will be the largest attraction this stadium has ever seen. So it will be loud.

But please take time to visit our city center, where you will see our historical buildings and monuments and the largest square in Europe. Oh yes, our girls are the most beautiful in Ukraine and this is no joke.

A little about me. I do not currently live in Kharkov. I had left it 30 years ago for America, but my heart is allways there. I keep contact with many friends there and sometimes go there to visit my father's grave.

Best regards, Vitaly K.

:D

Yes you are right. Kharkov is and was the largest industrial city in Ukrain and former Soviet Union. Legendary T-34 tanks were build here at the Malyshev plant to fight Germans in the World War 2. And incidentally F.C. Metallist originally affiliated with that plant for almost 80 years. But Kharkov also is famost by it's cultural achievemants. We have more than 30 universities and scientific centers and thousands students from all over the world. Kharkov is also a first capital of Ukraine and located in the East of the country just about 50 miles from the Russian border. By the way Metallist recently sighed 2 significant additions to the club. One is a midfielder from Brazil (Edmar) who is well known in Ukraine and was a captain of Tavria from Simferopol, the other is a defender from Morocco (Mahduffi) who was playing for Olimpic Morocco and rated top young defender by FIFA. So we are getting ready for you guys

Our problem is unbelievable lock of luck, we have allowed opposition to score goals on the last minute of the game twice in last two games that cost us 4 points.

HEY!.......Mr Moyes!Are you reading this?

Concentration in the last few minutes is suspect!

OK!.........Mrtallist Kharkov......What other problems do you have at the moment?

Which players don't like it physical?

Is your goalkeeper capable under pressure?

Anyone got an injury that needs attention from Gravo :rolleyes:

Thanks and good luck my friend!

Our problem is unbelievable lock of luck, we have allowed opposition to score goals on the last minute of the game twice in last two games that cost us 4 points.

HEY!.......Mr Moyes!Are you reading this?

Concentration in the last few minutes is suspect!

OK!.........Mrtallist Kharkov......What other problems do you have at the moment?

Which players don't like it physical?

Is your goalkeeper capable under pressure?

Anyone got an injury that needs attention from Gravo :rolleyes:

Thanks and good luck my friend!

Nice one dude!

That smells like you asking of me to give you few clues to our weakness. Hey, I am not a rat, you know....(just kidding)

Our goalkeeper is pretty good and he is a team captain. Our most talented midfielder is injured, but this does not matter, because he is not eligible to play for us in the UEFA cup, the rest of the team is pretty healthy so far thanks God.

Hey, tell me about the Liverpool. I am dying to visit your city and walk the streets the Beatles used to. You know I had met John Lennon once in New York in the Central Park. I could not believe my eyes it was him sitting on the bench talking to someone else just about couple of month before he was shot. Would getting a ticket to a game with Metallist be a problem? Should I reserve a ticket ahead of time?

One more thing; we have F.C. Metallist forum and people there would like to exchange few words with your fans. I understand that the language barrier makes it difficult, but this can be fixed by me acting as a translator for both sides.

Here is a link: http://www.metalist.3bb.ru/.

See you soon.

DO'SVIDANIJA (good bye) :)

Nice one dude!

That smells like you asking of me to give you few clues to our weakness. Hey, I am not a rat, you know....(just kidding)

There's no kidding some people!!

I'm not from Liverpool myself!....and where I come from Russian is our second

language,well that and Polish....Well at least it has been for about the last 5 years!!

Kings Lynn Norfolk is the said town!....The Beatles didn't come visit!.....Can't blame

them really!

I like Liverpool as a city,Beatles and all that.Also famous for having two great football

teams Everton and Everton reserves.....Everton Ladies aren't bad either.

let's hope for a couple of really good matches.

DO'SVIDANIJA B)

Is it worth creating a new post in the match days forum for the upcoming game against the Metallists :)

Yer Louis talk about the up coming game can go strait in there :rolleyes:

I reckon they will knock us out, we will take a 2-0 lead over there or something then get troucnced for not doing our homework.

No chance.

Nice one dude!

<<There's no kidding some people!!>>

Do you mean that some people there get everything serious? Man, that's too bad. Life is too short not to fool around once in a while.

<<I'm not from Liverpool myself!....and where I come from Russian is our second

language,well that and Polish....Well at least it has been for about the last 5 years!!

Kings Lynn Norfolk is the said town!....The Beatles didn't come visit!.....Can't blame

them really!>>

Kings Lynn Norfolk? I thought I knew geography.... So do you speak russian? (Ты говориш по русски?)

<<I like Liverpool as a city,Beatles and all that.Also famous for having two great football

teams Everton and Everton reserves.....Everton Ladies aren't bad either.>>

In that case I am getting my tickets and reservations right now!!

<<let's hope for a couple of really good matches.>>

As I said before, we are not making any illusions about our real chances, however if we can show good quality football - that would be nothing to be ashamed about to lose to a team like yours. But, hey you never know... That's why they have to play 180 minutes.

Say hello to people of Kings Lynn Norfolk,

Best regards,

Vitaly K.

Do you mean that some people there get everything serious? Man, that's too bad. Life is too short not to fool around once in a while.

Nah!...Tried serious once!.......Didn't like it.

Kings Lynn Norfolk? I thought I knew geography.... So do you speak russian? (Ты говориш по русски?)

Norfolk!.....Half way up the East side of England,big bit sticks out!That's Norfolk.

No I don't actually speak Russian myself,leave that to the hundreds of migrant Eastern

European workers in the area.

Say hello to people of Kings Lynn Norfolk,

I'm afraid most of them are drunk by now!....But I will pass on your Welcome

Tomorrow.

DO'SVIDANIJA.

Anyone been on the fourm of Metallist its sick prpa didnt no what i was doing can you talk us trough how to register plz

OK, here is what you need to do in order to register at the http://www.metallist.3bb.ru/ Metallist forum:

1. At the top yellow line click on "Регистрация" - this will take you to a registration page.

2. In the field "Имя" type in your name (25 characters max.)

3. In the field "Пароль" type in your password and retype it in the next open field (at the right).

4. Next type in your e-mail address in the field below (marked "e-mail")

5. Chose your Time Zone in the field marked as "часовой пояс" and click on "Регистрация" button below.

And that is it, my friend. You will recieve confirmation in russian, do not pay attention to it. Just go and start chatting. People there will be glat to see your posts.

P.S. When you log in, go to a very first topic on the top marked "Новости" and post there. Tell them that Vitaly had helped you. Do not be worry, they will be able to reply to you in english. Just stay away from using slent, so they can understand you.

Good luck my friend!

Vitaly K.