Sign in to follow this  
Philinsuffolk

Carsley Signs Up For Us

pleased with that- has been a constant for us this season. now all we need to do is make the squad larger. if we are to have any chances in europe we need to retain and expad our squad. though hopefully this time we wont buy dross like Koldrup, VDM or Ferrari (i know he was on loan but i didnt rate him)

Well done Carsley, reward for a great season

He'll be first name on the team sheet next season

Consistant performer and does his job fantastically

Thank God for that, Lee has been a rock for us this season and I for one will be glad to see him kicking midfielders next season.

ATB

Mac

Well done Carsley, reward for a great season

He'll be first name on the team sheet next season

If he was so highly regarded by moyes, surely he would have givin him a longer contract or at least one before this week, imo even though he has been quality this season and years before, we need him replacing with a class midfielder like Barton, Fernandes etc.. I wouldnt have him in the starting 11 unless we were playing 451. but that mite just be me.

Blue4ever............""If he was so highly regarded by moyes, surely he would have givin him a longer contract""

Think most clubs now adopt the policy of only offering a 1 year deal to players on the wrong side of thirty, think thats the reason Stubbsy left last time, he wanted a 2year deal but was only offered one.

I can only agree with most of the comments here...Carsley is only going to be a years stop gap, and we need to find an alternative for him while he is still at the club.

Last season, Carsley was a little of his old pace, which is only to be expected when a player starts to get on a bit...however, he put in 110% effort and looked solid for the best part of it.

:)