Sign in to follow this  
Louis

According To Itn News..

I put something about this in the "shirts" thread this morning Louis. It's a voluntary deal worked out by the drinks industry themselves (though probably not having consulted the Thai drinks industry). Complete bollocks really, it's just them trying to appear to be responsible while they're still busy packaging fizzy alcoholic drinks in ever more child friendly packaging.....anyway it only applies to new deals signed after Jan 1st 2008 so Chang will be OK for the duration of this deal and the next....if they choose to re-sign (though I'd have thought they'd probably leave the logo off volutarily rather than risk Middle England outrage).

My mistake. I've not checked TT today :|. It does seem that way Mike. It's like that film "thank you for not smoking" when the rep says to the anti-smoking campaigner that he has more interest in smokers dying than the cigarette company because the ciggie company lose a customer and the campaign gets more people involved whenever someone dies.

Does anyone know if the number of smokers has risen or fallen since the govt stopped cigarette advertising? I fear that if gambling, cigarettes and alcohol all become taboo subjects for advertisers then they may well become more popular.

Pat    2

My Kids team's & thru our League all the teams have Mcdonalds labels or logo's plastered on everything.

Arguably as bad as Beer ? ( Well I see more Obese 9 yr olds than I do Alcoholic ones :) )

I dont argue that Beeer on kids shirts is wrong, just that Maccas is prob feck all better.

Smoking is deffo on the decline in Australia.

As a smoker,at social events etc etc I am often the only or 1 of few leper's clamberin g on a balcony or outside int he dark puffing my heart away.

One of the last bastion's. Australia is very Tuff on smoking, many restrictions everywhere etc.

Zed    1
My Kids team's & thru our League all the teams have Mcdonalds labels or logo's plastered on everything.

Arguably as bad as Beer ? ( Well I see more Obese 9 yr olds than I do Alcoholic ones :) )

I dont argue that Beeer on kids shirts is wrong, just that Maccas is prob feck all better.

Smoking is deffo on the decline in Australia.

As a smoker,at social events etc etc I am often the only or 1 of few leper's clamberin g on a balcony or outside int he dark puffing my heart away.

One of the last bastion's. Australia is very Tuff on smoking, many restrictions everywhere etc.

1st of July we all become lepers in the UK

My ad campaign if I was Prime minister would be

"STAY IN THE PINK WITH CIGGIES & DRINK"