IGNORED

Moyes: West Ham Don't Understand Our Game

David Moyes has rubbished speculation regarding the future of Andrew Johnson.

The Blues striker has been linked in the press with a big-money move to West Ham United but the manager has no intentions of considering a bid from any club.

"AJ was a top player at Everton last season and he will be again next season," Moyes told evertonfc.com.

Certain reports are suggesting that the Hammers owner, Icelandic billionaire Thor Bjorgolfsson, is ready to bankroll a bid for Johnson but Moyes added that the Upton Park club still couldn't afford the player!

"The West Ham consortium wouldn't have enough money to buy Andrew Johnson or any other Everton player," he quipped.

"And for them to think they could shows a lack of understanding of our game."

Moyes splashed out a club record £8.6m on Johnson's services twelve months ago and has seen an excellent return on his investment with the England man top-scoring for the club and earning rave reviews for a string of first-rate displays.

Certainly every player has his price but Wham would not meet it for any Everton player...except perhaps BT :huh: . Just a statement of intent (from Moyes) I think....that and he's too polite to say "Fuck off!"

Edited by MikeO

i'm starting to think there is something in this, when it appears in one paper it can be put down to the rumour mill, but when it's in a few there is usually some substance behind the story, if 18m is the quoted offer then that is a huge profit, we should take an offer like that, cash for manny anyone?

he has his price....and if the 20m rumour is true, then i'd snap their hand off

I think Moyes is insinuating none of our players would be interested in going to a two-bit shitty relegation bound club and the fact they are spreading rumours to unsettle our players is laughable.

I think Moyes is insinuating none of our players would be interested in going to a two-bit shitty relegation bound club and the fact they are spreading rumours to unsettle our players is laughable.

Actually Moyes got it wrong as evidenced by the statement made by the WHU chairman who says he is mates with Kenwright and that there has been no approach for any of our players.

As for them being a two-bit shitty relegation bound club - if we had played like them the last 10 games of the season we would be in the Champions league! They did the double over MAN U and Arsenal last season

Actually Moyes got it wrong as evidenced by the statement made by the WHU chairman who says he is mates with Kenwright and that there has been no approach for any of our players.

As for them being a two-bit shitty relegation bound club - if we had played like them the last 10 games of the season we would be in the Champions league! They did the double over MAN U and Arsenal last season

Big fucking deal, every team outside of the bottom 3 has a good spell it's being able to do it consistantly that gets you into Europe and YES they were in the relegation zone for 90% of the season. As for their Man U scalp Ferguson had no interest in that game and was resting his players ahead of the final. They aren't on the same level as Everton, current squad or past history.

Most top premiership players are already affluent enough to put success above money in priority, so why would they look twice at that shite club? If it was Man U, Chelsea, Barca, AC Milan I'd be concerned, but all the WH fans and lazy bastard journos getting themself into a frenzy about it happening is a joke.

Edited by Bluetrip