IGNORED

Anybody Receiving Any Rumours About A Takeover Bid

saaby

We need a billionaire to come and buy everton. Everton is a huge club itz bigger than man city itz bigger than newcastle and itz much bigger than birmingham. Yet everton havnt received a takeover bid recently when is this goin to happen

It's not, I was told at the weekend while BBQing with a couple of the KEIOC team that there are lots of offers but they are massivly undervaluing Everton because of our old statiom which is why BK wont sell & wants to move ASAP.

I'v also been told that Bill does want out but wants to get the stadium sorted first.

This kind of highlights what I said at the start, BK wants to build in Kirkby to increase the value of the club and make a tidy profit when he sells!

No offence but I hope even if we got one, that we would treat it with extreme suspicion.

Sure BK and the rest of the board have a tight fist when it comes to transfers and wage caps, but let's not forget the BUST years of Peter Johnson.

A true Evertonian at the helm has meant slow but steady progress and if you look at a chart of Everton's league positions over the past 15 years, we're in a GOOD period right now.

Admittedly, money does talk and yes it might happen, but having some billionaire asset-stripping the club at the cost of our progress into Europe, more consistent top 6 finishes, and a move towards more attractive football again, would be a hugely backward step.

I for one would rather NOT be a West Ham or Newcastle, having pots of money but finishing near the relegation positions each year (anymore).

We don't need a take over. It as simple as that.

We just need to maintain a spot in Europe and we will be fine

we do need a takeover, it just has to be the right one, football clubs need the chairman/board to have cash to invest in the club, BK has no cash to invest, i think BK is the best man at the moment, but he'll have to step a side at some point, selling out to companies like Tesco is not the way we want to go forward. Anyone know what Robert Earle is doing? he seems to have done sweet fa to me so far?

Well, we need investment one way or the other, and that can only come about through a change of ownership. By and large I like Bill, we know where we stand with him, even if that means he has succeeded in conditioning us all to accept a poor transfer budget for David season after season. If he does sell after a ground move and makes a profit, then good luck to him. But we MUST compete and sooner or later thats means cash has to be found. Given the yo-yo league finishings we have had, yet again Moyes will have to duck and dive to get players. It will be tough enough to cement a place in the Top 6 let alone try to move up a level. Ultimately I wouldn't like some shady foreigner buying us out but its a jungle out there and if we stand still we move backwards.

il put it this way.

atm we have a decent team and a good manager. we have progressed so far on a shoestring budget. atm we have the capability to compete for uefa cup every season.

however if we are to progress and win loadsa trophies like the old days we need to spend like the big clubs. so a takeover is needed if we are to win things every season or at least go far in cup competitions like uefa and CL

Considering the amount of money we are getting off the tv deal this year we should be spending at least 25 million on pushing on and challenging along with spurs trying to break down the 4th spot. But once again the rumours are theres no money - so where the fuck is it going?

The debts are consolidated against our gate receipts and even if you factor us paying off the remaining cash for Lescott, Howard and AJ that leaves a lot of money unacounted for. Apart from the usual black hole that seems to exist at boardroom level I'm starting to think it's all being tucked away for the stadium move.

I actually like the way the club is progressing at the moment - from within.

I think Everton have had a bit of experience with the fortress fund what's it two or three years ago. All very cloak and danger in my opinion.

There are takeovers here there and everywhere at the monemt - Man City, Newcastle, Blackburn, Birmingham who are joining the ranks of West Ham, Liverpool, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Aston Villa who have already seen a owner change over the last 12 -18 months.

Rumours of Spurs and Arsenal aslo on the horizon.

Put Man Utd and Chelsea in to the mix. And there are very few clubs left to be 'taken over'

There are only so many top teams in the county, and its getting to a point now that Everton are going to be 'hot property' as one of the few decent crowd drawing teams available. A case of supply and demand.

Two things will happen in my opinion - the ar$e will fall out of the football market and a lot of clubs may find themselves in hot water finacially.

Man U are now in a huge amount of debt becasue of the takeover.

Abramovich's spending has slowed right down.

Benetez doen't seem to have an open cheque book he though he would have.

The ex Thai prime minister who is taking Man City over has had his assets froze - whats all this about. Sound a little dodgy to me.

The cloak and dagger of who or what on earth the Fortress fund was all about.

Lets not fool ourselves that all these people who takeover clubs are not just in it for the love of the game or the club they have bought.

The shit could very well hit the fan and we may be well out of it at the moment.

On the other hand, the 'people' who have bought these clubs may find it has been a very shrewd finacial move, not just directly from 'football' revenues, but the profile it offers their company. Now if two or three years down the line Premiership football is found to be a place where investing £100M is deemed value for money. Then a team in Evertons position and with out profile and history - we will be a sort after commodity.

I am personnally happy with Kenwright in charge at the moment - Abiet a sticky start (maybe a Johnson hangover) the club has moved on leaps and bound since he appointed Moyes. There is a little more romance about the way our club is moving forward - we are not throwing money around on this summers 'fashionable' players. In my opinion if you have less money to spend you have to think a lot harder about who you are buying and how he will improve your team, a lot to be said for that mentaility. It will be interesting how Allerdice gets on how he has got a bigger cheque book.

If all we do is treat water on the football feild and not move backwards, that will be good in my opinion, considering the money flowing through other clubs at this very moment in time. I have got the feeling that just like money bags Abramovich, there is not going to be a bottomless pot of money over the next two or three years. They can't all win and there are going to be some tears in my opinion.

For now I am happy for the club to be in the steady hands of Kenwiright, who knowone can deny only has Everton football club at heart (for god's sake he doesn't even take a wage as the chairman - Freddy Shepard payed himself a healthy £500,000 a year salary)

After what I'v been hearing about BK lately I'v gone right off him, he wants out thats FACT but he wont do it until we have a new stadium. The only logical reason for this is profit and I honestly believe he's about to stitch us up with a move to Kirkby on the hurry just to make a profit on his shares before he's out. :angry:

That may have been what you've been told Liam, and you obviously believe it to be true but I think it's stretching it a bit to present it as "fact." BBQ with some blokes out of KEIOC ain't exactly guaranteed gospel....unless you have a signed and sealed statement from BK saying he wants out that you're not telling us about :huh: .

Personally I don't believe for a moment that he would put personal gain ahead of the club's future....unless he's the best actor since Olivier (which he ain't).

Edited by MikeO

That may have been what you've been told Liam, and you obviously believe it to be true but I think it's stretching it a bit to present it as "fact." BBQ with some blokes out of KEIOC ain't exactly guaranteed gospel....unless you have a signed and sealed statement from BK saying he wants out that you're not telling us about :huh: .

Not exactly basing it entirely on that Mike but what's your angle here? Do you think BK wants to stay at the helm? Even when we have a new stadium?

Bill Kenwright's love affair with EVERTON wont stop when he sells.....the mans like

the rest of us,couldn't stop if he tried!In fact it's probably more ingrained in him

than any or most of us!Can't see him shafting Everton for his own gain,the man

makes enough money without us...........were lucky to be owned by a man,who

like us is an EVERTONIAN!

Rather Bill Kenwright than two old American baseball loving fame seeking twats who

havn't got as much money as they would like you to think!Or a Russian Gangster

who wanted to live in England and be famous.

EVERTON 3 luckypool 0........luckypool 0 EVERTON 0

EVERTON 2 Chelsea 3(couple of lucky shots).....Chelsea 1 EVERTON 1

It's not just about money......Check out the above results.

We came 6th!.......With a team that had problems in defence all season!Players

playing out of position etc.....Cahill sat out half the season...Andy Johnson was our

only forward who really fired on all cylinders(though Vaughan and Anichebe did us

proud).....My point is with a bit more luck last season....what could we have achieved?

Might not qualify for the champions league next season.....but then again nor will

Aston Villa.........Birmingham........Newcastle......Middlesborough and numerous other

clubs who have sold their souls!

Bill Kenwright's love affair with EVERTON wont stop when he sells.....the mans like

the rest of us,couldn't stop if he tried!In fact it's probably more ingrained in him

than any or most of us!Can't see him shafting Everton for his own gain,the man

makes enough money without us...........were lucky to be owned by a man,who

like us is an EVERTONIAN!

Rather Bill Kenwright than two old American baseball loving fame seeking twats who

havn't got as much money as they would like you to think!Or a Russian Gangster

who wanted to live in England and be famous.

EVERTON 3 luckypool 0........luckypool 0 EVERTON 0

EVERTON 2 Chelsea 3(couple of lucky shots).....Chelsea 1 EVERTON 1

It's not just about money......Check out the above results.

We came 6th!.......With a team that had problems in defence all season!Players

playing out of position etc.....Cahill sat out half the season...Andy Johnson was our

only forward who really fired on all cylinders(though Vaughan and Anichebe did us

proud).....My point is with a bit more luck last season....what could we have achieved?

Might not qualify for the champions league next season.....but then again nor will

Aston Villa.........Birmingham........Newcastle......Middlesborough and numerous other

clubs who have sold their souls!

Every time I make this comment someone says they cant see him shafting Everton, my question to anyone who says that is where exactly have I said he's trying to shaft Everton?

All I'm saying is he's trying to get the stadium built with minimum debt for the club which in turn means that when he sells his shares will have rocketed in value. That's not in anyway shafting Everton thats just business, good business for all the share holders and bad business for the majority of fans.

Consider this and you can all believe or be sceptical of what I'm saying but the fact is that my sources of information have sat face to face with BK, Liverpool & Knowsley council in the past 2 months.

Everton have an exclusivity agreement with KC which they say will not influence their final decision but just assist them to explore the Knowsley option fully. So why have the Kirkby residents already been told their houses will be knocked down and all the leases for local pubs have been hiked in price and sold off with guarantees that Everton will shortly be on their doorstep?

There are and this is FACT several sites within Liverpool, 2 within a few miles of Goodison ready and available to build our new ground on. The only downside to this is there is no room for retail which BK seems adament he wants to be associated with. The reason for this seems plain to me, we are Tesco's tool to get a further foothold in the superstore war and without them Everton would rack up debt building our ground which decreases share value and in turn BK's profit when he sells!!

The one big thing that everyone seems to be missing in this little debate is everyone who has built new grounds lately has done on the back of loans so why do we or to be more precise BK need so desperatly to do it without a debt / loan / morgage?? The only clear reasonable reason I can see it to increase share value further than it would increase should we go it alone.

I think BK has the good of both Everton and himself at heart and I honestly believe he's blue to the core but I also believe the man has absolutly no idea what makes this club so special. He talks about it all the time and so do people on the TV or even on this board but what makes Everton is Evertonians and by that I dont mean (no disrespect ment) the bloke who travels from the outskirts or further with his son and sometimes his wife & daughter. I mean thre lads, the beating hart of merseyside, the people you see at every away game, the people at Bournemouth for a friendly last season, the people who will be in Belfast on July 14th watching half a team in pre season and the people who BK and his plans are realy pissing off. This famous spirit of the blues is in serious danger of selling out to the global brand of football.

You want an example of the slipery slope we are walking on the edge of just take those Liverpool fans thieving tickets at the final, you think they are out of order, you think they let down their club? Maybe! I think they are the lads of the kop from 10 years ago before their club sold out, the lads who can no longer get a ticket and the lads who's club has been fucked every way it can from the inside by outsiders!!

Now this is the first step BK wants to move him out the city beacuse it is the best option of many for profit not football I understand his thinking in so many ways but he will be the first to ask where the spirit of the blues has gone while he wipes the blood from his hands after ripping the beating heart out of my club and relocating it in the arse end of our great city. It's exactly the same situation as my mate Mr Foy this season, he gets a new job, shakes up the Gwladys street, bans fans, arrests innocent people, lets the police get away with absolute murder then along comes Moyes in the paper and slags off the fans for not doing their bit. Well I tell you Moyes BK & Ray Foy have assisted in the destruction of arguably the last real football stand in the premiership and if your not careful BK will be pivitol in the complete desecration of the heart and soul of Everton football club. Then you will no doubt pop your head up in the papers again and ask us where the atmosphere has gone and we will stand alone in our new Tesco Arena and fight but it will be too late and Mr Smith from Skem will be sat a few rows back with his kid telling us to sit down cos he cant see the football he's come to watch!!!!

Everton over, you may as well stop supporting the blues and start picking your team based on the facilities the club has to offer because lets be realistic we are all gona be sat in virtually identical grounds watching teams in identical kits with a different badge and the same shite players on massive fuckin wages!!

Considering the amount of money we are getting off the tv deal this year we should be spending at least 25 million on pushing on and challenging along with spurs trying to break down the 4th spot. But once again the rumours are theres no money - so where the fuck is it going?

The debts are consolidated against our gate receipts and even if you factor us paying off the remaining cash for Lescott, Howard and AJ that leaves a lot of money unacounted for. Apart from the usual black hole that seems to exist at boardroom level I'm starting to think it's all being tucked away for the stadium move.

I think its bieng put aside aswell for a stadium move, BK's heart seems set on a move with imo we dont need at this time, its more important to be gaining regular eufa cup football or even challenging for CL.

MMmm....Congratulatios,Goldfishmemory.....I can certainly see where that MEMORY

bit comes in,or you've done your homework! the bloke who travels from the outskirts or further with his son and sometimes his wife & daughter!!!Yep that's me!

Would come every week if I could afford it......just my friggin luck to be born in

Norfolk!

Of course the backbone of the club is the season ticket holder,the away fans(of which

ours are probably the best)...and the people who turn up after 3 or 4 defeats in

a row!

You seem to know alot about me!.....of you I know nothing!Except you are probably

one of the fans mentioned above.So I say credit to you.Your the sort of person the

club needs........but there are BLUES all around this world,who can only dream of being

at Goodison at 3.00pm on a Saturday.........THINK YOURSELF LUCKY!

MMmm....Congratulatios,Goldfishmemory.....I can certainly see where that MEMORY

bit comes in,or you've done your homework! the bloke who travels from the outskirts or further with his son and sometimes his wife & daughter!!!Yep that's me!

Would come every week if I could afford it......just my friggin luck to be born in

Norfolk!

Of course the backbone of the club is the season ticket holder,the away fans(of which

ours are probably the best)...and the people who turn up after 3 or 4 defeats in

a row!

You seem to know alot about me!.....of you I know nothing!Except you are probably

one of the fans mentioned above.So I say credit to you.Your the sort of person the

club needs........but there are BLUES all around this world,who can only dream of being

at Goodison at 3.00pm on a Saturday.........THINK YOURSELF LUCKY!

I fully respect that mate an believe me I have nothing against those type of fans and to be honest there are alot of out of towners who are ingrained in Everton, that's not realy the argument I'm trying to get across.

What I am trying to get across is this "spirit of Everton" & "special club" etc etc these kinds of phrases are coined by one and all but I do seriously believe that not everybody has an insight into what that spirit is or what that special ingridient is made up of. It is ofcourse only my opinion and no doubt a blinkered one at that but I believe Bill Kenwright falls into that category of Evertonian who is along for the ride rather than being an integral part of the Everton recipie. Like the little pricks currently migrating into the lower gwladys street to "be part of the atmosphere" but refusing to generate it and inturn diluting it then sitting there through a cold afternoon moaning about the lack of support.

I believe everton is about unity, poverty, attitude and the loyalty that is born out of having fuck all else. There arnt many Evertonians I know who have much in the way of money or opportunities unless they have ground them out themselves by hook or by crook.

I just think that BK's future of Everton is not the same vision that many of the fans have, it's important to us to be in Liverpool, it's important to us to be in OUR home, it is important to us to have our spirit which means not whoring ourselves out to a greedy money grabbing multi billion pound organisation who are clearly trying to monopolise the grocery market in the country as legitimatly as they can. I do not want to be part of that full stop.

I feel that Bill Kenwright's vision for our future will be good for the club in one perspective but I also honestly believe that he doesnt understand the make up of our club as well as he thinks and I honestly believe once he's killed it forever he will hold up his hands and admit he got it wrong when it's too late.

Listen now people Tesco are not in this for the good of their health and kirkby is a massive mistake, we will get a similar deal building our own ground with a morgage in the city like we all want. We are the first football club in Liverpool, this is our home and the bastard sons of St Domingo over the park are being offered the world while BK an "Evertonian" accepts scraps from the table!

It's wrong plain wrong and when we are all sitting in the Tesco Arena in Kirkby and BK sells out for £80mil you will all see this for what it is BK's dream of a new stadium and a massive profit at the expense of the soul of Everton football club :(

Not exactly basing it entirely on that Mike but what's your angle here? Do you think BK wants to stay at the helm? Even when we have a new stadium?

I don't know to be honest but I honestly think he'd step down if he thought it was the best thing for the club.

...my question to anyone who says that is where exactly have I said he's trying to shaft Everton?

The only logical reason for this is profit and I honestly believe he's about to stitch us up with a move to Kirkby on the hurry just to make a profit on his shares before he's out. :angry:

Shafted...stitched up....is there much difference?

But this is all highly emotive stuff, and it means a lot to all of us but some do go the extra mile, some do follow at graet expense to see "meaningless" games in the back of beyond and I take my hat off to them, yourself obviously included Liam. If I was single and lived in Liverpool I'd be one of them certainly but I'm not. Thing that struck me though reading your posts is that it seems impossible that the club can remain the way you want it if any investment comes in. No-one is going to invest and leave the club as it is, so we're fucked either way are we not?

When people think their loyalties are being called into question, it can create some fairly emotive outpourings. Each and every man jack of us feels the need to defend or attendance or non-attendance, I for one have done my bit of slagging off of "so called Evertonians", I was wrong.

Just one look at the varied locations of TT members tells us all we need to know, before you start Liam, this is not at your fine posts from earlier on, I got them and understood the sentiment behind them.

"Bill Kenwright" and "the best interests of Everton FC" have now become a contradiction in terms.

ATB

Mac

Goldfishmemory......people like you are the reason I use this forum!!The chance

to speak to REAL Evertonians....or at least listen to them and hear their opinions!

You and all the local people that go week in week out make it possible for MY football

team to survive.I like it when my sons surrounded by real people,hard people,people

who as you say may have not much more than their football team.Their the sort of

people I like....not glory hunting tossers like 80% of the people around my way with

their red shirts,chelsea and Newcastle shirts!

It's worth the travel time and the cost to get amongst the people of Everton!I don't want

it to move,in a few years time when I'll probably be able to come more,I want it to be

just as it is now!......But like MAC(think it was him)said we can't freeze it in time and

keep it as it is.......soul seling clubs have seen to that!

If the Evertonians that you speak of are as you describe them that passion wont be allowed

to die where ever we go.......YOU CAN TAKE THE CLUB OUT OF EVERTON!..............

...............BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE EVERTON OUT OF THE CLUB!

Reading your posts I'm sure Everton are in safe hands.....40,000 more like you

are more than any club deserves.......except EVERTON!

I just hope your wrong about Kenwright.

I always seem to get myself into these situations and then struggle to clarify the exact angle i'm commming from.

Firstly I would like to express to one and all that location and being or not being "scouse" has no impact whatsoever on my line of thinking as far as Evetonians go. We are all one big family and that's the way it should be I respect everyone regardless of the amount of games they attend or where they live etc.

I think BK is becoming bad for Everton, I dont believe he wants to be but I believe that alot of factors are now comming together and highlighting he is not the person to be leading the charge with this stadium move. It is the bigest transition Everton has ever been through and if we get it right we will be the envy of the football world if we get it wrong we have to live with the consequences for the next 100 years. It has been proven lately that moving to a new ground can destroy football clubs, 9 times out of 10 it will look rosey on the outside but the fundimentals of what the club stands for are generally lost. I just honestly believe that this club is made up of so many precious factors that are worth preserving. The focus in this stadium move and future investement should be preserving Everton and not turning us into another number that makes up the EPL.

Mike rest assured it's the emotive content of this topic that is proberbly skewing my language, I dont think BK is trying to stitch us up what I do think is he's leading us down the garden path and into kirkby for all the wrong reasons. I think he has become blinkered in moving Everton "forward" and his way of thinking is focused on making us a premier league team rather than re-developing Everton.

I realise I have gone slightly off topic with what I'm posting but it is so hard to discuss the investement issues without discussing BK, the move, the reasons for the move and my biggest fear the gradual dilution of what Everton are all about. I have this horrible vision of an americanised premier leage with masses of sponsors and stupidly named teams I can vividly picture the "White Rams" (Derby) v's "Manchester Blues" (City) in the EPL North.

Overall I believe 2 things,

1. BK should be looking at investement as a priority because even with a small amount we would be able to break this tie with Tesco and look into ALL the otions.

2. We should be pioneers in handeling this ground move rather than being the sheep we currently are.

Learn from others mistakes and capture what so many before us have lost in ground moves, the soul of the club!!

I always seem to get myself into these situations and then struggle to clarify the exact angle i'm commming from

No problems mate!.....I can see your angle,and from reading your posts I'm thinking

your take on the present situation is pretty much like my own.At the end of the day,

local,distant or even very distant we Evertonians all want the same thing.

I'm not a great one for change for change sake,and I still think a re-vamped

Goodison Park,with it's history and tradition would stand up well against the rest of

the prems super domes of concrete and steel,wonderful toilets etc,etc.....

Just one thing Goldfishmemory!.......and don't feel pressured to answer!Earlier in a

post you mentioned(pretty sure it was myself you were talking about)...that I traveled

with my son to the games and sometime my wife and daughter!!......can't ever remember

posting anything about my wife and daughter!!..(maybe I did!)....just wondered where

you got your information?

I always seem to get myself into these situations and then struggle to clarify the exact angle i'm commming from

No problems mate!.....I can see your angle,and from reading your posts I'm thinking

your take on the present situation is pretty much like my own.At the end of the day,

local,distant or even very distant we Evertonians all want the same thing.

I'm not a great one for change for change sake,and I still think a re-vamped

Goodison Park,with it's history and tradition would stand up well against the rest of

the prems super domes of concrete and steel,wonderful toilets etc,etc.....

Just one thing Goldfishmemory!.......and don't feel pressured to answer!Earlier in a

post you mentioned(pretty sure it was myself you were talking about)...that I traveled

with my son to the games and sometime my wife and daughter!!......can't ever remember

posting anything about my wife and daughter!!..(maybe I did!)....just wondered where

you got your information?

I was generalising mate and I thought your comment about knowing you was tongue in cheek!!

What I mean is there are a growing band of Evertonians which is where I class Bill Kenwright who talk the talk regarding this place being special but dont actually walk the walk. The crowd which is IMO the foundation of this club is slowly becomming padded out with people who dont for want of a better phrase "get stuck in" the singing has died, the unity of the crowd is dropping off and Goodison is becomming a place where people go to watch football rather than a place Evertonians go to support their team.

That is why I love the away games so much because what I saw in the Goodison crowd when I first looked down on the Gwladys street from the upper bullens and what I was part off with my first season ticket is still alive and kicking. You turn on the radio whenever Everton play away and you will hear the lads backing the team from start to finish, win, loose or draw. You go to Goodison on a match day and it's very rare there'll be any singing until the first goal!

I want the people who think they understand to actually understand that this place is only special because we make it special and while people travel to Goodison living off the name of being the best fans we will progressivly get worse. Until they travel to Goodison and are willing to engage and make us the best fans.

I believe this also ties in with the stadium move, if we take our fracturing support in it's current state and move it to a lifeless stadium in an area the large majority dont want to go to I think we will loose that passion and unity forever. We will become the next Boro!!!!

I was generalising mate and I thought your comment about knowing you was tongue in cheek!!

Well you must be in the wrong job mate!.....you got it on the nail!!

Just wondered if I'd bumped into you somewhere.

As Iggy has said your posts do make a lot of sence!.....trouble is when did talking

sence do any good these days?

I know nothing of the problems you speak of with the Gladys street stand being

invaded by a new type of fan(ones that don't sing and show passion)...isn't that

a general problem these days....stadiums being filled with non passionate and

wealthy fans.

Problem is IF we move to a 55,000 seat stadium....then can we really turn away

quiet fans?some of them though quiet may well be happy to come every week to

watch their team and we will need them and their wives and daughters(not talking

directly of me.....as my wife can make plenty of noise :rolleyes: )

I don't think the powers to be are going to talk to the average Evertonian......

....if they do...I hope it's you!

I'v said it a couple of times now on here & to the stadium management at Goodison, from row Z of the Gwladys street the seats should be made unreserved and designated as a singing section. Anyone who buys either a season ticket or match ticket in this section should me made aware that the seating is first come first served and the majority of fans will more than likely be standing for the majority of the game. This would allow all the fans who want to sing to gather together, sit by their friends and generate an atmosphere without dickheads telling them to sit down or shut up. Doing this would allow like minded fans to gather together rather than being restricted to small areas due to the current seating arrangement!

When we move massive thought should be given to accomodating a singing section and even lobbying the government to bring back an area of teracing behind one or both goals IMO.