IGNORED

Investment

Adam

But the question on everyone lips is 'what is the right offer'

No offer from this man for sure :angry: !

DAVID SULLIVAN and the Gold brothers will keep control of Birmingham City until prospective owner Carson Yeung delivers more money.

Co-owners Sullivan and David and Ralph Gold have been concerned whether Yeung had the £50million to buy Birmingham since talks began three weeks ago.

Having met Yeung, who is described as a Hong Kong billionaire, Sullivan and the Golds hoped the takeover would go through by the end of this week. But that plan changed yesterday when Yeung was allowed to buy only 29.9 per cent of the shares.

It gives him the biggest individual shareholding, but the Gold brothers still hold 23.22 per cent, as does Sullivan.

Yeung’s company, Grandtop International Holdings Limited, have until July 16 to seal the deal by finding the rest of the money – around £30m – amid reports from Hong Kong that he has been desperately trying to raise cash.

The club’s board became concerned when Yeung did not keep two appointments in Birmingham, instead sending his assistant and only flying in last weekend.

After initial meetings with Sullivan and David Gold, Yeung finally went to the St Andrews ground on Tuesday for another round of negotiations that included Karren Brady, the club’s managing director.

She, too, has sold a small percentage of shares to Yeung, who has tried unsuccessfully to buy Reading and Everton. If Yeung were to increase his stake in Birmingham to 30 per cent it would be enough to trigger a bid for complete control.

...anyone who thinks that an offer from Yeung is the "right" one needs hospitalisation. Can't believe the spin NSNO put on this..just another opportunity to BK bash. Do we really want to be owned by someone who has that much trouble raising the cash, would scare the shite out of me.

Edited by MikeO

Not for one minute saying that he is the right person to buy the club far from it but didn't BK have to scrape together to get the money to buy everton??

True but the circumstances were completely different, owning a club back then was a guarantee of losing shitloads of money rather than making it, so BK's motives (whatever people think of him now) were entirely the right ones.

Well I for one am glad that BK did manage enough to scrap together to buy the club. The club was in dire straight when BK took over,

BK took over the club when the club was at its lowest point - when you think back at the first few years he was at the club, it was basically firefighting to keep the club in the Premiership and keep the club afloat.

Over the past 5 year the club has been moving forward both on an of the pitch at a steady rate. I for one am more than happy for us to carry on in this vain rather than snatch the hand of the first lot of investers who have themselves at heart and not Everton football club.

Credit where credit is due for me.

If a decent investment comes alone then it should be one that suits Everton football club the most rather than the investor. I for one am glad that appraoches by the likes of Yeung are dismissed out of turn. I personnal think the club is in good hand and will not be sold down the river to the highest bidder. I am personnally a big BK fan for what he has done for our club under difficult circumstances. He takes nothing out of the club and puts as much in as anybody else.

If you are not a BK fan - then I have one thing to say - Better the devil you know.

Well I for one am glad that BK did manage enough to scrap together to buy the club. The club was in dire straight when BK took over,

BK took over the club when the club was at its lowest point - when you think back at the first few years he was at the club, it was basically firefighting to keep the club in the Premiership and keep the club afloat.

Over the past 5 year the club has been moving forward both on an of the pitch at a steady rate. I for one am more than happy for us to carry on in this vain rather than snatch the hand of the first lot of investers who have themselves at heart and not Everton football club.

Credit where credit is due for me.

If a decent investment comes alone then it should be one that suits Everton football club the most rather than the investor. I for one am glad that appraoches by the likes of Yeung are dismissed out of turn. I personnal think the club is in good hand and will not be sold down the river to the highest bidder. I am personnally a big BK fan for what he has done for our club under difficult circumstances. He takes nothing out of the club and puts as much in as anybody else.

If you are not a BK fan - then I have one thing to say - Better the devil you know.

I agree this guy wouldnt be viable, he cant even raise the 50 he needs for Brum, but what makes an investor suitable? If you think any of them are going to put the club before them making a profit you are dreaming and that goes for Man U, Liverpool and all the others bought by non-fans. There are no Evertonian sugar daddys waiting in the wings but There can be mutual gains for both parties from an outside investor, success and profit.

We seem automatically suspicious of foreign interest. Just because a potential investor is foreign doesn't automatically make him Satan in disguise. Johnson was from Birkenhead and ripped our club apart, almost took us into the championship and did a runner leaving us high and dry.

I agree this guy wouldnt be viable, he cant even raise the 50 he needs for Brum, but what makes an investor suitable? If you think any of them are going to put the club before them making a profit you are dreaming and that goes for Man U, Liverpool and all the others bought by non-fans. There are no Evertonian sugar daddys waiting in the wings but There can be mutual gains for both parties from an outside investor, success and profit.

do you really believe there are no wealthy evertonians who want to buy the club?

We seem automatically suspicious of foreign interest. Just because a potential investor is foreign doesn't automatically make him Satan in disguise. Johnson was from Birkenhead and ripped our club apart, almost took us into the championship and did a runner leaving us high and dry.

can you explain johnson ripping us apart and leaving us high and dry?

dont forget, johnson put up the cash for all his managers to buy the players they wanted to buy. he had innovative ideas for the stadium issue.

when he left he sold the club for what it was worth, just as he bought it for what it was worth.

the problem johnson had was he hired the wrong managers, and im sure he would tell you the same

do you really believe there are no wealthy evertonians who want to buy the club?

If there are any, where are they? Are they waiting for our value to raise through European exposure before investing their fortune?

can you explain johnson ripping us apart and leaving us high and dry?

where to start..

Johnson took out huge loans against the club to supplement Smith's spending and when the results didn't follow we were forced to sell our best players, Ball, Jeffers, Dacourt, Materazi. Even then we were still massively in debt.

dont forget, johnson put up the cash for all his managers to buy the players they wanted to buy. he had innovative ideas for the stadium issue.

See above, it wasn't his cash and as for Kendall, he gave him fuck all to spend. As for innovative ideas on his hamperdome conception, that was all about Johnson's own personal gain and was never given finanical backing. Would you really have wanted to ground share with a rugby league club?

when he left he sold the club for what it was worth, just as he bought it for what it was worth.

Johnson bought Everton for a bargain £10mil when we were at our lowest ebb on the brink of relegation, the year we beat Wimbledon on the last day of the season. This was at the start of the Premiership and Sky boom. He held on at the end for as long as he could before selling his shares to screw every last penny out of the club selling for more than double what he paid leaving us tens of million £s in debt

the problem johnson had was he hired the wrong managers, and im sure he would tell you the same

Surely along with investing money into a club AND keeping it on a financial even keel, hiring managers are the main criteria for judging a chairman's success. In that respect he was one of the poorest in our history. I could go on about Johnson - the Liverpool season ticket holder, and how he almost finished us off but I can't be arsed, the day he left was one of the best days in our history.

Edited by Bluetrip

Johnson... Paying £4 million for a goalkeeper from the club he and his wife owned, and pulling Duncan Ferguson out of the team and selling him on the Day of the Match, without the manager or the players knowledge.

AND JUST A WORD ON THIS COMMENT.........

""Johnson took out huge loans against the club to supplement Smith's spending""

Walter Smith is down on record as being the only manager in fifty years to leave the Club with Balanced books, he made the club profit on his wheeling and dealing, which he had to do Because JOHNSON DIDNT GIVE HIM ANY TRANSFER FUNDS, and it has also been said by ex players that had it been a less experienced Manager at the helm, we would most certainly have been relegated, I think he deserves a bit of respect.

I'm sure BK has made mistakes over the last couple of years.We can be bloody

certain Moyes has!

BUT!......Probably our two best players(Arteta and Cahill)must like something they

can see.

We've got Howard,Yobo,Lescott,(the above mentioned)Johnson and Vaughan,who are

the envy of most prem teams and some from abroad.

we've (in the last couple of years)managed a 4th and 6th place(could have easily been

5th this year).............Were owned by a man who loves Everton....not a rs season ticket

owner....a Baseball fan(who hasn't really got as much $$'s as he's made out) or people

who have tried to buy other clubs before we sold them our souls!!

So ok!......the richest man in the world finally comes along and buys us.....just as a play

thing so we can all worship him and his money.He buys every greedy talanted player

he can bribe....(I mean buy).....The Vaughans and Anichebes wont ever get a look in,we

wont need them!We can buy anyone.

Sure we will start to buy.......ooooops! I mean Win trophies.We will become really popular

in Sweden,Denmark.....maybe even African tribesmen will talk about this super rich

team that wins everything!!

We will have a wonderful new stadium....just like everyone else...and you'll still rub

Dixie's boot as you walk past his statue and queue for your super comfy seat alongside

some excited Dane(I'm not knocking any Swede or denmark fan.....I don't live on

Mersyside)

Our team of highly talanted foreigners WILL probably win......oh!you'd like their names

on the back of your shirts but you can't pronounce it at the club shop...so you put the

new owners name on the back!!Because it's down to his money that you've just won

the last 52 league games in a row!

YAWN!!!!!!!!another trophy bought.....

And remember....Some if not most of these teams being bought won't win a friggin thing!!

So whats the point?

Everything we've done in the last couple of seasons,and probably in the next couple of seasons

has been achieved with hard work.....not bucket loads of cash!

Me I'm proud of that......I like it just the way it is!

Glory hunting EVERTONIANS don't exist!.....BK! you hang on to us till the time is right!

Most of us will still be hear.That's why Everton are special.That's why you can't just sell us

to anybody,no matter how rich.

I'm sure BK has made mistakes over the last couple of years.We can be bloody

certain Moyes has!

BUT!......Probably our two best players(Arteta and Cahill)must like something they

can see.

We've got Howard,Yobo,Lescott,(the above mentioned)Johnson and Vaughan,who are

the envy of most prem teams and some from abroad.

we've (in the last couple of years)managed a 4th and 6th place(could have easily been

5th this year).............Were owned by a man who loves Everton....not a rs season ticket

owner....a Baseball fan(who hasn't really got as much $$'s as he's made out) or people

who have tried to buy other clubs before we sold them our souls!!

So ok!......the richest man in the world finally comes along and buys us.....just as a play

thing so we can all worship him and his money.He buys every greedy talanted player

he can bribe....(I mean buy).....The Vaughans and Anichebes wont ever get a look in,we

wont need them!We can buy anyone.

Sure we will start to buy.......ooooops! I mean Win trophies.We will become really popular

in Sweden,Denmark.....maybe even African tribesmen will talk about this super rich

team that wins everything!!

We will have a wonderful new stadium....just like everyone else...and you'll still rub

Dixie's boot as you walk past his statue and queue for your super comfy seat alongside

some excited Dane(I'm not knocking any Swede or denmark fan.....I don't live on

Mersyside)

Our team of highly talanted foreigners WILL probably win......oh!you'd like their names

on the back of your shirts but you can't pronounce it at the club shop...so you put the

new owners name on the back!!Because it's down to his money that you've just won

the last 52 league games in a row!

YAWN!!!!!!!!another trophy bought.....

And remember....Some if not most of these teams being bought won't win a friggin thing!!

So whats the point?

Everything we've done in the last couple of seasons,and probably in the next couple of seasons

has been achieved with hard work.....not bucket loads of cash!

Me I'm proud of that......I like it just the way it is!

Glory hunting EVERTONIANS don't exist!.....BK! you hang on to us till the time is right!

Most of us will still be hear.That's why Everton are special.That's why you can't just sell us

to anybody,no matter how rich.

Too right YAWN, yawn at you. Do you ever change the record or realise that you spout sentimental crap? You buy the league whether spend £10million or a £100million. Move with the fucking times.

You buy the league whether spend £10million or a £100million. Move with the fucking times.

So if spurs win the prem this year after spending £23million....against Chelsea's

Man utd's,luckypool's,Man City's,Newcastle's and others 40+million(buy the time

they've finished and not counting their spending over the last couple of years)

THEN SPURS HAVE BOUGHT THE TITLE!!!!........Maybe Fulham fluke the FA cup!!

oh but they spent £6million on a couple of players.....but spend they did!

Why those bastards bought the FA cup!.......TWAT!!

You'll be the first to bleat like a stuck pig,when we sell out and it all goes wrong!

Me yes I spout sentimental crap!.........YOU!......you just spout crap!

Think I'll throw away any record of Everton winning the league in the 80's....after all

we did buy a couple of players.......YEP JUST WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE BLOODY

THING!

OH!......HANG ON romey 1878!...Think I'm reading you wrong sorry mate.

You buy the league whether spend £10million or a £100million

So if Man Utd's or Chelsea's outlay over this and the last couple of seasons

totals about £150million!!.....they haven't bought those trophies.....BECAUSE

they would have won them if they had only spent £15million....

MMMmmm yes your right!.......Silly sentimental old me,not understanding

things like that!

What Im saying is you don't win anything unless you spend money. You have to buy the players who can win the league or a cup for you, so it doesn't matter how much you spend but the fact that you spend money on the players who can make it happen means that you buy it.

OH!..........That's what you were saying!.........All makes sence now :huh:

This thread has degenerated into a silly "buying" arguement.

Two prostitutes - one charges £2,500 a night, the other charges £10.00 for a wank. Both in the same game, both trying to succeed at what they do.

Everyone "buys" the success they achieve, it is all a matter of perspective, and how much you spend to "buy" the success you aspire to.

Chelski have thrown money at an ambition and it has worked, B'burn bought the Prem when they won it, only Newcastle have failed in attempting to "buy" trophies (which causes me to chuckle no end).

If we had the means and the wherewithall to do it, we would, don't allow sentimentality to enter into your thinking. All clubs sell themselves, just some get more than others because they are more attractive prospects.

ATB

Mac

Johnson... Paying £4 million for a goalkeeper from the club he and his wife owned, and pulling Duncan Ferguson out of the team and selling him on the Day of the Match, without the manager or the players knowledge.

AND JUST A WORD ON THIS COMMENT.........

""Johnson took out huge loans against the club to supplement Smith's spending""

Walter Smith is down on record as being the only manager in fifty years to leave the Club with Balanced books, he made the club profit on his wheeling and dealing, which he had to do Because JOHNSON DIDNT GIVE HIM ANY TRANSFER FUNDS, and it has also been said by ex players that had it been a less experienced Manager at the helm, we would most certainly have been relegated, I think he deserves a bit of respect.

I agree Smith did well to keep us up though I hated the football at the time. He was given money in his first summer, around 20 million but then when we didn't qualify for Europe it came out he was forced by Johnson to sell the same players off.

With regards Ferguson it's been suggested Smith knew all about that transfer (they had the same agent at the time) and allowed Johnson to dig his own grave. Newcastle must have been pissing themselves when we bought him back.

If we had the means and the wherewithall to do it, we would, don't allow sentimentality to enter into your thinking. All clubs sell themselves, just some get more than others because they are more attractive prospects.

Something I remind bitter RS and Manc supporters I work with on a regular basis when Chelsea beat them to another signing. You sure as shit won't see one Liverpool fan complaining if they dont balance their books at the end of this summer.

Something I remind bitter RS and Manc supporters I work with on a regular basis when Chelsea beat them to another signing. You sure as shit won't see one Liverpool fan complaining if they dont balance their books at the end of this summer.

Wonder what these rs will say if after all this money is spent they finish 5th and

fail to beat or even score against their little neighboursnext season?....could happen.

My point was"as the thread became silly"is that being bought and success don't

go hand in hand....some seem to think that being bought out will guarantee

champions league football......thing is I've become all sentimental pointing out

we did achieve 4th and 6th without being sold,and if a "big"club or two fail to

produce the goods this season and we have a tad of luck could maybe grab 4th

or at least a place in europe again....without being sold!

You can read that as I don't want Everton to sell out for the big $$$$ if you want!

What I don't want is a Thaksin Shinawatra type buyer installing a Sven Goran Eriksson

type manager.

Billy Smarts Circus is in Kings Lynn at the moment....wonder if Billys been smart with

his money?.....maybe he could buy us!

Hey!We could have a roof on the new stadium.....a big red and white striped canvas one!

and at half time the new manager could come on and juggle with bundles of £50 notes.

BK and Moyes are doing pretty well.......hold your nerve and watch numerous teams

in the prem prove money can't buy success.

Luckypool will soon be spending mega millions.....but their best player cost them

NOTHING!

couldnt agree more with the post above

if you take chelski out of the equation, alot of the other teams who have spent big money have gone no-where and won nothing (when was the last time blackburn,newcastle,west ham etc won a cup of importance ?)

you only have to look at the shadyness (is that a word?) of the people trying to purchase premiership clubs. birmingham and man city are are going to be in serious terrible if they sell out to the easten investors.

all that seems to be happening at the moment is club directors are selling out for their own financial gain, they dont care who takes charge or what their intentions are. west ham are/were splashing the cash but on who ?? vastly over valued average players..leave them to it i say

you can say alot of things about BK but at least he isnt screwing the club over and improving his instant access savings account

you can say alot of things about BK but at least he isnt screwing the club over and improving his instant access savings account

Untill we find out where the biggest windfall in the club's history has gone, I'll reserve judgement on that. Till them we can hear a few more rumours about us apparently being skint...again.

25 mill or so has gone on Aretta & Cahill. ( even if its only in Pencil)

Think about 45-50k per week x52 over 5yrs x 2 players add Bonus etcs & loose is the change received from that figure.

That'd be a fair point if we had to pay them their entire wages for the next five years at the the time the contract was signed a few days ago. As it is, that money will be coming in the main from future revenue.

• 4 years later...