IGNORED

Finally Some Good News On Signings

Adam

Fantastic news that, I was getting worried it was taking too long with Arteta. What's the betting though If we don't sign players that Moyes comes out and says they are like two new signings in themselves? Cynical I know, but hopefully July will be the start of our transfer activity. Well heres to hoping.

Fantastic news that, I was getting worried it was taking too long with Arteta. What's the betting though If we don't sign players that Moyes comes out and says they are like two new signings in themselves? Cynical I know, but hopefully July will be the start of our transfer activity. Well heres to hoping.

Agree, we need more new signings, but this is a good sign for me. Means that something has been happening behind the wall of silence we have all been faced with.

If this good news is followed up with 3 god signings in the future, I will be well chuffed!

I wonder if our 'Sky vote' for midfeilder of the season helped in Arteta signing a contract extension - I like to think so!!

Anyway, it's great that he wants to stay at the club and has committed to us.

BK mentioned - "We did it in the Everton Way - quietly, efficiently and away from the glare of the spotlight" lets hope he is hinting that's what is going on on the transfer front.

I would think that there is movment on this front- and Arteta is happy at the way the club is heading in to the next season transfer wise.

Great news, I hold Arteta as a true £10M+ midfeilder, so a very enviable asset to have at the club

BK mentioned - "We did it in the Everton Way - quietly, efficiently and away from the glare of the spotlight" lets hope he is hinting that's what is going on on the transfer front.

I was thinking exactly the same think, I hope so

Great news after 3 months of bullshit rumours that they were both going and all the little impressionable kiddies getting over excited and asking for Moyes head on a plate

Zed - couldn't agree more mate, spot on.

The reaction by too many has been daft. If people put aside their love and passion for the club and think for a moment about the strategic way things work in football then there would be less people stressing. Have no doubts, the tribunal about West Ham has delayed transfer activity for many teams and it all has a knock on effect.

Secondly, only in recent days has there been any real transfer activity - Henry to Barca and more importnatly in Premiership terms for activity, Bent now signing for Spurs - watch Defoe leave for somewhere and the whole window is about to go into action. Which will involve Everton just like it will involve the other clubs.

I honestly beleive we will have no less than 3 key new players within 3 weeks from now.

You think we should sign 3 robbie fowlers?? ;)

ha ha ummmm not quite! :D Although if they can score as regularly as he did when he was younger, I would be happy with that! :D

Just chuffed this has come out, as others have said, this could be the way Everton have decided to do things, nice and quietly. And if it's not, we can all write banners and jump up and down and stamp our feet as people have all summer already! :P

Inspired stuff....brilliant move! Not only do we tie up two of our best players but think of the message it sends out to potential signings between now and the start of the season. These two believe in DM and Everton....they could both play for "bigger clubs" if they chose but they know Everton are going places. Would that make you want to come and play here or fester with a slightly fatter wallet at West Ham, Notlob, Sunderland or Portsmouth? I'm fucking delighted!

excellent news. Our 2 best players committing their futures.

'quiet......everton way' that encourages me for transfers plus i doubt they would committ long term if they did not receive some form of assurance that the squad will be imrpoved.

Positive news all round

Agree 100% with you .Arteta always stated he would only stay if the ambitions of the club matched his own.So reading between the lines should we be braced for a flurry of signings?? :ph34r:

Agree 100% with you .Arteta always stated he would only stay if the ambitions of the club matched his own.So reading between the lines should we be braced for a flurry of signings?? :ph34r:

Don't be fooled that a player is staying with a club because other people will be signing for the same club...a player stays with a club because he is getting paid more than he used to so he doesn't go elsewhere....that said, brilliant that they are both staying. Let's hope Cahil gets back to his best quickly...

Don't be fooled that a player is staying with a club because other people will be signing for the same club...a player stays with a club because he is getting paid more than he used to so he doesn't go elsewhere....that said, brilliant that they are both staying. Let's hope Cahil gets back to his best quickly...

Players also stay with clubs to further ambitions,not just for money.Arteta wants to play in Europe every year,he wants to play for Spain.So I think he thinks our ambitions match his own,Get it?He would not of commited if he thought we were going nowhere.so ipso facto we must be going somewhere .And we won´t go far in europe without some more signings. :P

i agree with above...arteta is ambitious, at everton ... without putting us down, he's by far the most gifted player and he shines. it's a good place for him... he knows the team will be built around him, he knows spain cant keep overlookin his performances, and he knows with us he's got the opportunity for europe.

i am suprised that cahill has been given a new deal...unless there is a clause in his contract, i don't really understand why. arteta had a fantastic season, which has shown with the awards, so he earned his extension.

i agree with above...arteta is ambitious, at everton ... without putting us down, he's by far the most gifted player and he shines. it's a good place for him... he knows the team will be built around him, he knows spain cant keep overlookin his performances, and he knows with us he's got the opportunity for europe.

i am suprised that cahill has been given a new deal...unless there is a clause in his contract, i don't really understand why. arteta had a fantastic season, which has shown with the awards, so he earned his extension.

Cahill is massive down under as pat with tell you! This must have a massive spin off for evertons profile, plus hes fookin great and hopefully well see that at Goodison for a few seasons, he epitomises the the sort of attitude I want to see in an Everton player, he has that X factor, you could say

And I guess the club want him for the long term so are uping his deal (or is it an extension ) for 5 years lays down their comitment and intentions

Yep Very good news!.....No doubting Arteta's class,but whilst Cahill is an excellent

goal poacher and live wire,I think he has more to prove.Moyes has to adapt the team

more when Cahill plays,than I think any other player.He's just that bit too good to leave

out and I like what he does....but usually doesn't that mean a lone striker!

Howard,Yobo,Lescott,Cahill,Arteta,Johnson,Vaughan........."The magnificent Seven"..

..Once defeated a whole Mexican army!!

Watch them take those Spanish bandits down!

Yep Very good news!.....No doubting Arteta's class,but whilst Cahill is an excellent

goal poacher and live wire,I think he has more to prove.Moyes has to adapt the team

more when Cahill plays,than I think any other player.He's just that bit too good to leave

out and I like what he does....but usually doesn't that mean a lone striker!

Howard,Yobo,Lescott,Cahill,Arteta,Johnson,Vaughan........."The magnificent Seven"..

..Once defeated a whole Mexican army!!

Watch them take those Spanish bandits down!

The ref won't let us play with seven players you know :P

Cahill is massive down under as pat with tell you! This must have a massive spin off for evertons profile, plus hes fookin great and hopefully well see that at Goodison for a few seasons, he epitomises the the sort of attitude I want to see in an Everton player, he has that X factor, you could say

And I guess the club want him for the long term so are uping his deal (or is it an extension ) for 5 years lays down their comitment and intentions

i know he's a good player like, but he got a new deal last season wasn't it, and he missed half of this season, just don't think he's earned a new deal. i'm happy to keep him don't get me wrong. just thinking maybe he has a clause that means he has to be the highest paid.

Think it was season before yano mike. But there may of been a clause in his contract we didnt know about and with west ham and maybe a few other clubs sniffing round then maybe it was a good idea to rip up the other contract and give him a new one without any get-out-clauses.

Yes its good but its not the same as getting new players, They where already ours, nothings been improved except our confidence that those two wont be leaving this summer at least. Signings are very badly needed now to follow up this great news.