IGNORED

Everton offered for Owen and Kuyt

What does it say on there as can't get onto the Everton website at the moment (for the last few weeks anyway)

Any mention if still looking and if new players will be coming in.

Can't see much chance now with Kuyt as RS and Spurs are interested in him. See spurs are close to signing that South Korean defender we were linked with a little while ago.

I'm unsure that moyes has made the right decision in coming out with this...if we did offer £10m for Kuyt then great. But let it be known that the fans now expect a £10m striker, and if he goes in for a £7m striker, will the selling club do a Lyon and say "well you offered x amount for such and such and this player is just as good so sorry - £7m ain't happening"

A bit naive I think, unless it is the perennial build the fans hopes up job only to then sign a £750,000 midfielder from PNE.

sorry if i'm bein a bit of a critic, but let's face it - the club aren't exactly breaking transfer records at the moment...

Guest fozzie22

Its bollocks,

Sorry but i dont believe it at all :lol:

The big meddlesome hands of BK are around this..either that or DM needs to go and see a doctor

Edited by fozzie22

more I think about it the more annoyed I am. Here we are constantly having to face the snide, patronising press who still think of us as some club that do not have the right to be in top four never mind buy top class players and we have come out and spoken of more transfer failures??? (let alone the Alan Stubbs contract mishandling)

Would you expect to pull a certain fit bird if she knew you had been knocked back by all the other girls in your local? Answer is no, so why have we come out yet again with another excuse to give the anti Everton bandwagon a chance to laugh at us.

The answer to that is simple... we are skint and have no intention of signing these players. It is a publicity stunt in my opinion to take the heat off the Alan Stubbs situation. It says it all when we are putting unneccesary and tasteless clauses in a loyal servants 1 year contract.

If we made the offer for Kuyt on the 1st August, and today is really the first sniff of it, shows that the club could be in for anybody- and we don't know about it. Good thing that cards are being placed close to Everton's chest.

I been three weeks, so maybe coming out and making the statement about both Owen an Kuyt is about trying to get things moving one way or another. Or it could be the case that we are now looking at other players instead, so Owen and Kuyt have to make their minds up ASAP if Everton is a possible destinaton.

Lot of stories about Liverpool and Owen - don't know how true they are, but they are being very slow to bring him in if you ask me.

I wouldn't have Owen would be interested in anything more than a 12 months load to Everton.

I know a lot of people are sceptical of nosies make out of Goodison after our Alan Smith bid last summer, be we aren't in the same situation this summer, and this has come from Moyes, who is straight as they come, so have no reason to doubt what he says.

Have to say it's really annoyed me the club coming out with this about Owen. It's just given the opportunity for the press to twist things a bit and make us look stupid. So the fact that me made a bid a while ago for Owen turns into "Everton fail to sign Owen" like it just happened today. Then we had a bid turned down for Kuyt and it gets twistsed that he turned us down, not that our bid was rejected. Players read newspapers and watch telly, so a prospective signing is hardly going to be persuaded to sign when they hear yet another twisted story about us being rejected again.

Agree that it's basically a story to try and appease the fans. But a very misjudged one in my opinion.

Guest fozzie22
Have to say it's really annoyed me the club coming out with this about Owen.  It's just given the opportunity for the press to twist things a bit and make us look stupid.  So the fact that me made a bid a while ago for Owen turns into "Everton fail to sign Owen" like it just happened today.  Then we had a bid turned down for Kuyt and it gets twistsed that he turned us down, not that our bid was rejected.  Players read newspapers and watch telly, so a prospective signing is hardly going to be persuaded to sign when they hear yet another twisted story about us being rejected again.

Agree that it's basically a story to try and appease the fans.  But a very misjudged one in my opinion.

Yes its all about what the board think we fans want to hear,theres no chance in hell owen would,even if we could afford him,as for the other bloke,ive not heard of him.

In 30 odd years of supporting Everton the last few years have been the worst regarding this sort of crap,it started in the mid 90s and is still going on today,all it does is make us look foolish to the press,which of course they lap up.