IGNORED

Reason To Be Cheerful

MikeO

The bookmakers, who's only interest is parting you from your money, no club allegience to colour their thinking make us...

2-1 to finish top six

25-1 to be relegated

Outside of the "big" four we're behind Spurs, shaded by Newcastle and on a par with Villa. This is despite all the horrific failings of Davy in the transfer market, the vast sums spent by "lesser" clubs, all the deadwood we can't shift and an antique stadium.

Just how many years do you reckon it is since we started a season with the professional neutrals having such a high opinion of our prospects? Certainly not 2005, we're a much stronger team than we were then....a long time ago I'd guess.

Find it sad that the bookies have a lot more faith in us than some of the fans....get a grip people.

Edited by MikeO

bookies don't see the game though, and they havent been through all the trauma of being an evertonian. all they are concerned with is form and spending

anyhows ive got money on us to win the uefa ... so COYB

Exactly, their cold hardnosed business men and make their decisions on facts and form

Not a big gamble but would like to put 50p e/w on us for the UEFA also

I'm cheerful all the time I watch football to entertain me not give me sumat to moan about, top of the league or fighting relegation I'll be doing it with a smile on my face & having the time of my life :D

Bury on Saturday yay :D

Well Liam some people won't be smiling if we have a stinker and they have paid good money to watch it. People are entitlted to be disgruntled if it all goes tits up. Hopefully that won't happen and we will bring in some quality players and wont have a yo yo season.

Well Liam some people won't be smiling if we have a stinker and they have paid good money to watch it. People are entitlted to be disgruntled if it all goes tits up. Hopefully that won't happen and we will bring in some quality players and wont have a yo yo season.

Like I said mate I enjoy every moment I'm watching the blues because I was there at the Covenry game & I was hugging a radio for the Wimbledon game so 4th place or 11th place, at least its not 18th, 19th or 20th!!

:lol: Fuck me that didn't take long, plenty of threads to be depressed in...this one was supposed to be about realism, not even pushing as far as optimism cos I'd prob get shouted down :) . The unbiased opinion of the situation is that we are worst case scenario eighth best in the league with only one signing. Win a couple of games at the start of the season and Villa and Newcastle drop a few points and we'll be rated sixth again.

If we're in the bottom half come October then get depressed about it if you want but not yet ffs. I might be dead by Christmas but I don't go around thinking, "Oh no, what if I die in my sleep tonight....God I'm so depressed."

Cheer up!!!!

well, there's more to talk about when we lose.

people blame much better than they praise. or all my mates do anyway. but then they're either boro or leeds fans...

Fine first post...fine avatar (though it could make you unpopular with some :P ) :lol: . Welcome.

Deep breath...I am cheerful about the season to be honest. Christ that was hard.

We have a good squad...ok, ok, ok not much depth, but on paper we are better than your villas, pompeys, sunderlands, readings, blackburns etc. and we can beat ANY of the top four.

I can't wait for the season. I'm going for fifth.

Im sure we will make additions, we have to. If you stand still you are going backwards. But we have to be patient, nothing simple or easy with Everton

We all see the RS signing players for 20 mil and 10 mil, remember nothing good comes easy and it will only make us stonger

I'd take that any day over the easy come easy go, shallow, glory hunting RS

Moyes said there wouldnt be signing very soon. Have faith, it frustrating I know

Tim Cahill will be like a new siging in my mind anyway

Tim Cahill will be like a new siging in my mind anyway

...and call it a long shot, however unlikely it may be....but I like the look of BT and (whisper) VDM in training. I know it's only pictures but they look like the Mitchell brothers slimmed down. If they came good, a big if :) , that really would be like two new signings.

I really dont see what all the fuss is about?

They've been back for a week or so and noone knows whats going on behind the scenes, they are not going to tell us are they, and rightly so, we will get newcastle and the likes sniffing then, resulting in bidding wars in which was will not be able to compete in.

WE STILL HAVE OVER A MONTH LEFT FOR FUCK SAKE, lets get behind the Manager and Board.

Keep the faith, stand by your team for christ sake, wer not Liverpool fans!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

ok then but dont you start moaning at me for moaning about the moaners :D

OK then but....nah...far enough :) . Think everyone needs to cheer the fuck up Mac, I'm happy as a pig in shit, first friendly of the season, new car tomorrow :D , and VDM straining at the leash to prove everybody but me wrong. Could life get any better? Nice to have you back btw!

For a while I was annoyed that we've been quiet on the transfer front. and annoyed we missed out on Nugent BUT after actually thinking about the situation ITS NOT ALL BAD. In fact I'm edging towards being optimistic.

Vaughn and Victor will be more regular in the first team next season, Cahill will be back, who knows even VDM might get his act together (I'm not holding my breath about that though). With the Jag coming in we should be pretty secure at the back and hopefully that will mean Phil Neville can piss off from any defensive pozzi.

FUCK, I'm rambling now. All I'm saying is things should be fine. Imagine if we have a similar season perhaps slightly better than last season on the amount of money we HAVENT spent. Now that would be satisfying.

Edited by Maghull70