IGNORED

1 More Big Player , So What Position ?

crust1

David Moyes has said there will be 1 more big signing this summer, we've all got our own opinions of who we would like that to be but we'd all be guessing so i was wondering which position you all think we should be filling rather than which player ?

i personally think it should be a central midfielder cos aside from Cahill , Carsley we dont have anymore out and out central midfielders , yes we have got the likes of Neville , Osman , Arteta and now Jagielka who can play the role but personally i think these players are better suited to other positions !

I know we need to cover more than just 1 position but put yourselves in the Gaffers shoes and pick your most important position that needs filling with your 1 big signing !!!!!

You never know it might just happen !

Crust1 said..................... "I personally think it should be a central midfielder cos aside from Cahill , Carsley we dont have anymore out and out central midfielders , yes we have got the likes of Neville , Osman , Arteta and now Jagielka who can play the role but personally i think these players are better suited to other positions."

A Winger...... left or right it does,nt matter cos we havent got a wiger on the books, Ideally 2 wingers cos if its only one, Arteta will still be playing out of position on one of the wings, he's the central midfielder you quoted as being better in other positions. :o

Arteta will still be playing out of position on one of the wings, he's the central midfielder you quoted as being better in other positions. :o

ye and i stick with my original quote ....... the little spanish wizard has just won player of the year switching from 1 wing to the other ...what more proof do you want , the blokes a winger !!!!!...you couldnt play both Cahill and Arteta in the middle together anyway, we'd get shat on week in week out without Carsley (or that type of player along side Timmy) !!!! or would you like to see the quality football of 4-5-1 brought back on a regular basis , oh joy that would be sitting in Goodison every other week watching shit football and seeing us get turned over at home by the crapest of crap sides cos we cant score !!!

Arteta will still be playing out of position on one of the wings, he's the central midfielder you quoted as being better in other positions. :o

ye and i stick with my original quote ....... the little spanish wizard has just won player of the year switching from 1 wing to the other ...what more proof do you want , the blokes a winger !!!!!...you couldnt play both Cahill and Arteta in the middle together anyway, we'd get shat on week in week out without Carsley (or that type of player along side Timmy) !!!! or would you like to see the quality football of 4-5-1 brought back on a regular basis , oh joy that would be sitting in Goodison every other week watching shit football and seeing us get turned over at home by the crapest of crap sides cos we cant score !!!

Everton 3 RS 0

Formation 4-5-1

guys i think we will see Arteta playing on the wing anyway next year. Some of you will think im crazy but for some reason i think our major one signing will be to suit our 4-5-1 system, so another centre midfielder who maybe plays just off AJ.

Juan Roman Requelme anyone?

May well be some fire to go with the smoke, isnt the copa america final on sunday, may see after that eh

""or would you like to see the quality football of 4-5-1 brought back on a regular basis , oh joy that would be sitting in Goodison every other week watching shit football and seeing us get turned over at home by the crapest of crap sides cos we cant score ""

Crust ....... Dont talk shit 4-5-1 got us to 4th place three seasons ago, the highest position we have been for 30 years or more,

4-5-1 can easily become 4-3-3 if you have the right players.

Everton 3 RS 0

Formation 4-5-1

Oh mate we could argue scorelines all fuckin night ...... the question is do you want to see 4-5-1 at home or an attacking 4-4-2 ?????

take 05-06 season as an example when we reguarly played 4-5-1

h pompey 0-1

h wigan 0-1

h bolton 0-4

h b'ham 0-0

Crust ....... Dont talk shit 4-5-1 got us to 4th place three seasons ago, the highest position we have been for 30 years or more,

You talking the shit pal cos it got us 17th and nearly into the championship two seasons ago !!!!!!!

You talking the shit pal cos it got us 17th and nearly into the championship two seasons ago !!!!!!!

Your the one talking shit.

Like licker said it can EASILY become 4-3-3

I would keep mikel out on the right wing, play VDM if he stays fit and buy a quality center midfielder, everyone doubts VDM but I think he could be useful next season..When playing in europe 4 5 1 could be a good option because it will make it even harder for the opposition to score but to move forward I think we need to build a team up to play 4 4 2 more regular, we scored alot of goals last season which was down to playing 4 4 2 its obvious theres no room for to defensive midfielders in our team now either Neville or Cars will have to step down to the bench, when we play both the game is just up in the air all the time with countless long balls up to small A.J

Edited by Blue4Ever

Your the one talking shit.

Like licker said it can EASILY become 4-3-3

get your head out of lickers arse and see the light mate !! 4-5-1 = relegation dogfight , 4-4-2 = enternaining football = goals = points = back in europe next season !!!!

When i started this thread all i asked was which position needs strengthening the most , not who plays best where or what formation suits us best !

Simple question - requiring simple answer

When i started this thread all i asked was which position needs strengthening the most , not who plays best where or what formation suits us best

Alex Ferguson(can't knock the man,for what he's done)....once said"Always buy a

goalscorer".......They win games,and "if I've got four good forwards,and a better one

comes up for sale!....buy him"

The fact Moyes didn't go for Nugent probably proves his next signing wont be a forward.

Most games are won and lost in midfield.So that's more than likely what's lined up.

I'm not sure Turner's quite ready for a long run if Howard gets injured.

Infact,your question is harder to answer than I thought!....WE NEED MORE THAN ONE MORE

PLAYER!.......We've only got one PROVEN/TRUSTED goalscorer.......question marks over

the full back positions.So maybe at the moment midfield is our strongest area at the

moment.

Saying all that IF...Hibbert and Valente were injury free this season and Vaughan and

Anichebe perform well,then we shouldn't do too bad.

Still can't answer that bloody question!.....only one player,what position?????????

get your head out of lickers arse and see the light mate !! 4-5-1 = relegation dogfight , 4-4-2 = enternaining football = goals = points = back in europe next season !!!!

When i started this thread all i asked was which position needs strengthening the most , not who plays best where or what formation suits us best !

Simple question - requiring simple answer

we used 451 for most of last season, its got us in europe twice!

chelsea won two league titles with 451, they switch to 442.

our best option going forward is AJ with cahill in support, he can only play to his best in a 451.

i'll be sticking with bills comment about you talking shit!

formations dont mean your in a dog fight!

you need to take mroe notice of the world of football around you, playing to your strengths is the key!

back on topic, a left footed winger

we used 451 for most of last season, its got us in europe twice!

chelsea won two league titles with 451, they switch to 442.

our best option going forward is AJ with cahill in support, he can only play to his best in a 451.

i'll be sticking with bills comment about you talking shit!

formations dont mean your in a dog fight!

you need to take mroe notice of the world of football around you, playing to your strengths is the key!

back on topic, a left footed winger

were all entitled to our opinions stevo , i've said mine you've said your's personally i think its about time we stopped slagging off each others ideas , stop the YOUR TALKIN SHIT cos at the end of the day we are all toffees , we'd probably all bleed blue if cut ! and as i've already said they are only opinions !!!!

so here goes this is my opinions for next year

1 play 4-4-2

2 AJ and Vaughan up top

3 Arteta on the wing not in the middle

4 bring in a central midfielder as our last big signing

5 pray that its Manny

lastly i'm sorry if i've offended any one but i like 4-4-2 , remember Arsenal at home last season ? probably the best i've seen us play in a long time we stopped the Gooners from playing football , we created chances for our strikers and thoroughly deserved the 3 points on the day ! I DREAM OF SEEING THAT WEEK IN WEEK OUT !!!

fair enough mate.

but you have just said yourself, 442 to stop the gunners playing. sounds negative when we have to stop others from playing.

id like manny here, but we could only use manny in a 451 imo, if we played 442 with just manny and cahill in the middle we wouldnt be strong enough for me.

we have no one with a left foot in our midfield. you need balance in a team. we miss the balance from our midfield. i honestly believe if we just got a good left winger it would totally change how we can attack teams.

with me defending 451 im not against 442, im just one who sees 451 as being our biggest strength. i dont understand when people complaion that we play negative boring football. i really enjoyed watchin the blues last year, and i thought we played a lot of good football.

Agreed StevO. I really enjoyed spells of play last year. Even so this did not bring the result with it.

Classic example which springs into the mind is at Craven cottage last season when we battered Fulham passing and possesion wise first half. then AJ missed a sitter and they scored a deflected goal and we got denied 2 stonewall penalties. Fucking bent refs.

We get every decision we deserve and we could have gotten champ league. 10 goals. (If they were converted of course :D )

Original question: we need 2 players one leftmid and a full back

I'd say Richardson for 5.5m! he's played left back, left wing, is young, is english, great pace. We should get real about the value of players, moaning about it wont make them any cheaper.

Baines for £6m, seriously whats he done. We cant afford that no matter how much potential.

Nugent went for £6m Present/Future england international which now looks cheap.

fair enough mate.

but you have just said yourself, 442 to stop the gunners playing. sounds negative when we have to stop others from playing.

id like manny here, but we could only use manny in a 451 imo, if we played 442 with just manny and cahill in the middle we wouldnt be strong enough for me.

we have no one with a left foot in our midfield. you need balance in a team. we miss the balance from our midfield. i honestly believe if we just got a good left winger it would totally change how we can attack teams.

with me defending 451 im not against 442, im just one who sees 451 as being our biggest strength. i dont understand when people complaion that we play negative boring football. i really enjoyed watchin the blues last year, and i thought we played a lot of good football.

You mis-understood me stevo i was not saying 4-4-2 to stop the arsenal from playing , i merely said we stopped them from playing !! i was trying to get my point across that we dont always need a midfielder playing in front of back 4 ! but i agree if we get the right players in 4-5-1 can be a good formation but i dont want to see it with Neville and Carsley playing behind Timmy or Osman on the wing , i think we would have to bring in at least 2 more midfielders in to make it affective !!!!!!

Manny in the middle and agreed a left sided winger

I'd say Richardson for 5.5m! he's played left back, left wing, is young, is english, great pace. We should get real about the value of players, moaning about it wont make them any cheaper.

Baines for £6m, seriously whats he done. We cant afford that no matter how much potential.

Nugent went for £6m Present/Future england international which now looks cheap.

you would pay 5.5 for a player with not many games under his belt, but then ask what has baines done? well hes hardly gunna win medals at wigan for anyone to be able to answer that! but if richardson is worth 5.5 then baines is worth 6 imo, he has more first team experience and also bring the equivalent qualities that richardson brings.

crust - fair comment mate.

Fair enough if Baines is good I'll take your word for it, but richardson showed how good he is at WBA and the little chance hes had in the england team. Hes been kept out of a manure side by giggs and ronaldo, but still managed to get in as left back.

I just feel that richardson offers more in various positions on the pitch. unless Baines can do that too?. any youtube footage or good links to what Baines is like?

I guess at the mo we need a left back and young talent would be good to spend on. How old is nicky shorey, hes having problems with his contract at reading. could be a good/possibly cheaper alternative?!

Not against 4-4-2, i'm just saying 4-5-1 is a usefull formation against some teams and should'nt be dismissed out of hand, plus its a formation that we seem to adapt to very well, and i might add has been successful

But we have a problem when playing the 4-4-2 system, if Arteta is out on either of the wings, it leaves us without any creative players in the middle. Thats my slant on it anyway.

were all entitled to our opinions stevo , i've said mine you've said your's personally i think its about time we stopped slagging off each others ideas , stop the YOUR TALKIN SHIT cos at the end of the day we are all toffees , we'd probably all bleed blue if cut ! and as i've already said they are only opinions !!!!

so here goes this is my opinions for next year

1 play 4-4-2

2 AJ and Vaughan up top

3 Arteta on the wing not in the middle

4 bring in a central midfielder as our last big signing

5 pray that its Manny

lastly i'm sorry if i've offended any one but i like 4-4-2 , remember Arsenal at home last season ? probably the best i've seen us play in a long time we stopped the Gooners from playing football , we created chances for our strikers and thoroughly deserved the 3 points on the day ! I DREAM OF SEEING THAT WEEK IN WEEK OUT !!!

Agree with you there lad