IGNORED

We Should Move To Kirkby States Ceo Keith Wyness!

toolio

checkout icliverpool.co.uk for the story on the new ground move, bully reckons we should move here for financial reasons, also says the new stadium will be similar to fc koln stadium which is a 4 part stadium instead of the new bowl shape everyone gets here is there pitch looks not bad, i wish i was near Goodison so i can vote

http://www.stadiumguide.com/rheinenergie.htm

what do you all think on the matter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RheinEnergieStadion

Well to me it's a no brainer really - Goodison has seen its day. We have a great oppertunity to have a brand new shiney stadium for a really good price.

You are not going to please all the people all the time - so what do you do.

I have said it before and will say it again - it's not Everton football club becasue we are based on that little plot of land on which Goodison is located.

100 years or even as 40 years ago it was important the siting of a Stadium, but in this upwardly mobile world it's no where nearly as important.

Football in the main is about money money money - the less you have, the harder it is for a club to move forward. A well financed new stadium, increased revene, and attractive to future investors, result!!!

We can wollow in tradition and history - as at this moment this is about all we can throw at other clubs.

But if "we've have been in the city longer" is one of our most prized chants to our local rivals then in all fairness it's a little bit sad.

We can dig our heels in and stay at a decaying Goodison and get back on the looking for a new stadium merrygoround for another couple of year, and possibley get the club in to a crippling debt . In the mean time our local neighbours will move further and further ahead of us. Not to mention other smaller clubs who if you look at their spending power are already waving as they overtake us in the financial stake. (it is now getting embarresing being gasumpt in the transfer market by West Ham, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Fulhams and Wigan's - this is real and is happening now)

But rememeber if we vote a resounding NO, then the new stadium may not go ahead - and we will still be able to chant "We've been in the city longer than you" Whoopy do!!!!!!

I agree with Wyness that it's time to thing our head and not with our hearts. Football clubs finacially in England are moving forward at breakneck speed and we are going to get left well well behind if we don't get a move on.

We basically, can't afford to miss this oppertunity in my opinion.

yep i totally agree lads if i had the oportunity id have to say YES just for the fact that is gonna be beneficial to the club and supporters to see everton move forward, my dad lives in liverpool and is a season ticket holder so im gonna ask him to vote yes

cheers lads

ps ur rite bowt the stadium the closer we are to the pitch the better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RheinEnergieStadion

Well to me it's a no brainer really - Goodison has seen its day. We have a great oppertunity to have a brand new shiney stadium for a really good price.

You are not going to please all the people all the time - so what do you do.

I have said it before and will say it again - it's not Everton football club becasue we are based on that little plot of land on which Goodison is located.

100 years or even as 40 years ago it was important the siting of a Stadium, but in this upwardly mobile world it's no where nearly as important.

Football in the main is about money money money - the less you have, the harder it is for a club to move forward. A well financed new stadium, increased revene, and attractive to future investors, result!!!

We can wollow in tradition and history - as at this moment this is about all we can throw at other clubs.

But if "we've have been in the city longer" is one of our most prized chants to our local rivals then in all fairness it's a little bit sad.

We can dig our heels in and stay at a decaying Goodison and get back on the looking for a new stadium merrygoround for another couple of year, and possibley get the club in to a crippling debt . In the mean time our local neighbours will move further and further ahead of us. Not to mention other smaller clubs who if you look at their spending power are already waving as they overtake us in the financial stake. (it is now getting embarresing being gasumpt in the transfer market by West Ham, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Fulhams and Wigan's - this is real and is happening now)

But rememeber if we vote a resounding NO, then the new stadium may not go ahead - and we will still be able to chant "We've been in the city longer than you" Whoopy do!!!!!!

I agree with Wyness that it's time to thing our head and not with our hearts. Football clubs finacially in England are moving forward at breakneck speed and we are going to get left well well behind if we don't get a move on.

We basically, can't afford to miss this oppertunity in my opinion.

Nobody is saying that Goodison is not a shithole coz it is, face facts. the problem is moving to Kirby means we will be Everton FC of Kirby, Kirby is off the city map, and that to me is more important than yet another few quid in BK pocket. There are some huge patches of waste land etc around the city, and i find it very hard to believe that they are all unsuitable for a football stadium. Kirby just strikes me as a cheap option and we know that BK prefers the cheap option with everything, even though this is the club he suposably loves.

What does it matter, they don't give a fuck about the fans at EFC the decision is already made IMO

All I can say if the vote from the fans turns out to be a NO - and the club go with the fans opinion, then I am afraid we will only have ourselves to blame for the downward spiral of Everton Football Club. In the next 2-3years.

The club are giving the fans the oppertunity to move forward or put a nail in the coffin. Its maybe down to us now.

Only Everton would give the fans a chance to have such a big say in the future of the club. Pretty amazing thing for them to do to be honest. No other club would take such a risk.

It really annoys me when people have a go at BK. He has done more for this club than any other supporter I can think of.

What the f8ck is wrong with the cheapest option - Err, I don't want the more expensive option. Finacial viability is the key to the whole thing. Having a go at it because its the cheap option is crazy.

If more people can't bear the thought of not being in the city and that is there main consideration when it comes to Everton football club then so be it.

I'll still be a supporter, even whilst watching the likes of Fulham, Sunderland, Southhampton and Portsmouth become bigger clubs than us.

Tradition, history and being in the city limits are all very well, but none of them will assit with furture revenue of Everton football club. Money talks - fact

I am going to make a prediction, if this doesn't go ahead, I am pretty sure within 18 months we will have waved good by to David Moyes, Arteta and a host of other players. They ain't going to wait around.

A bit blunt, but a I afraid a few people need to wake up and smell the roses, as we really haven't got time to pussy foot around on this one.

There is a very good option on the table for us right here right now (not perfect - but we will never see such a thing) - we need to grab it.

Didnt want to delete this but nobody is replying, and there's already two threads about it so thought i'd put it on this one.

The Prisoner

Group: Evertonians

Member No.: 2,700

Are Everton Right To Move?

by Phil McNulty - BBC Sport 17 July 2007

Labelling a link-up with supermarket giant Tesco and Knowsley council to provide a new 50,000-capacity home as "the deal of the century" is some boast... particularly as the century has 93 years to go.

Everton's proposed move to Kirkby is a thorny issue among many fans reluctant to move outside the Liverpool city boundaries.

It may only be four miles from their current home, but symbolically they believe it will mark a seminal moment in Everton's history.

Cards on the table here. I believe Everton do need a new ground, and despite statements from Liverpool City Council about sites offered to the club, specifics have been in very short supply.

Goodison Park is a grand old place, the home of a million memories, but in modern terms it is crumbling.

And, again despite various claims, serious suggestions of how it can be rebuilt are also thin on the ground.

Wyness paints a glorious picture of a new home that will leave Everton with relatively few debts and provide the manager, whoever it may be at the time of the proposed move in 2010, with an extra £10m in transfer funds every year.

And boy do they need those funds.

Wyness confirmed any stadium money will not eat into cash for team-building, which is a good job seeing as Everton are hardly among the Premiership's big spenders as it is.

Everton are currently being outshone financially in the transfer market by Wigan, Sunderland, Fulham and pretty much everyone else with a shred of ambition.

Not so much in the players they have signed, but with the intent they have shown and the amount of money they appear to have.

Quite why Everton appear to be so short of cash while most other clubs seem to be drowning in it is a mystery.

Word is that boss David Moyes has a mere £6m left in his transfer pot - despite only paying out £4m for Phil Jagielka and recouping £1m of that from Sheffield United for Gary Naysmith.

Everton also received a reported £2.75m from Fulham for Simon Davies in January, so there has not been much flashing of the cash from chairman Bill Kenwright up to now.

And as rich men queue down the street to invest in Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Liverpool, Manchester City, Portsmouth and even championship clubs like Southampton, Everton currently appear the investors' version of Kryptonite.

Planet Hollywood mogul Robert Earl bought out rebel director Paul Gregg's shares last October, but the only thing he has brought to Goodison Park so far is his old mate Sylvester Stallone, who had his latest film to plug.

Other than allowing Kenwright to rid himself of Gregg, he offers nothing to Everton's financial firepower in the transfer marker.

A new 50,000-capacity ground will help that situation, with investors presumably put off if they have to earmark millions to build a new ground.

Now we come to the matter of the ballot that will be held among Everton fans, but even that raises questions.

Everton have already confirmed the result will not be totally binding on the club.

And Wyness admits: "There is no Plan B. There is no other option."

This, on its own, is quite a worrying admission for Everton fans from Wyness.

So what will the question actually be? The footballing version of do you want to live or die?

Loaded, that one.

He also states attendance numbers will go down if Everton stay at Goodison Park.

Why?

If I was a fan I would be asking how he reaches that conclusion.

Everton's fans have proved magnificently loyal through some fairly shoddy episodes, including Kenwright's courting of the much-anticipated investment from the Fortress Sports Fund.

The same Fund that disappeared in embarrassing fashion when those involved failed to produce any cash.

So why will attendances drop if the club stays at Goodison?

If Everton are flourishing supporters turn up. If Everton aren't flourishing supporters turn up.

I would also ask how the figure of an extra £10m in transfer funds would be generated every season by a new stadium.

This is because £10m actually doesn't sound that much in the modern market.

I firmly believe Everton are right to move, but I also do not blame some fans for being cynical when words such as "deal of the century" are fired in their direction.

They have heard such things before.

All I can say if the vote from the fans turns out to be a NO - and the club go with the fans opinion, then I am afraid we will only have ourselves to blame for the downward spiral of Everton Football Club. In the next 2-3years.

If the vote is a no we will be offered a minimum of 3 sites & offered all the compulsory purchase orders we require to rebuild Goodison within a few months. LCC is now on board they are just bound to silence by this excluisivity agreement.

I can see your pro Kirkby Rob but people like you are the people who scare me regarding this vote. Please for the sake of our clubs future just do one thing and make sure you seek out the FACTS before making your decision.

Hint: BK is hiding lots & lots of things from us mere fans!

If the vote is a no we will be offered a minimum of 3 sites & offered all the compulsory purchase orders we require to rebuild Goodison within a few months. LCC is now on board they are just bound to silence by this excluisivity agreement.

I can see your pro Kirkby Rob but people like you are the people who scare me regarding this vote. Please for the sake of our clubs future just do one thing and make sure you seek out the FACTS before making your decision.

Hint: BK is hiding lots & lots of things from us mere fans!

You sound as if you know a thing or two?, . Maybe I don't have all the fact, if you do maybe you would like to spread the wealth a little, I am all ears.

Is BK and the board not privy to similar information you seem to be aware off? I am afraid I don't buy into BK and the rest of the board are trying to line their own pockets in any stadium deal.

I am not particuly pro Kirby, but I am very much pro getting out of Goodison to a new stadium and for the best financial deal possible. Not that bothered about redeveloping Goodison Park either to be honest even it is viable - Spending lots and lots of money just to have a bigger and better purpose build modern stadium build next doorand overshadowing any efforts on Goodison Park.

LCC are not bound to silence, they can shout as loud as they want they have not signed any exclusivity deal with anybody. It just Everton who are unable to talk with other parties under this agreement from what I gather, isn't that right. LCC are on board with whom?

I am just a layman who has to trust that BK and the board have the best interest of the future of Everton at heart. BK is not some dodgy foreign invester out to make a few quid on Everton's back. I for one think he is a decent chap who has done a lot for the club over it's most difficult period in the clubs history.

I am afraid I am somebody who does think with his head and not with my heart, and some desisions need making with the head in my opinion.

I am not stupid either, I know we are likley to be spoon feed all the positive on any stadium deal being pushed by the board. But in the cold light of day the only down side is that it is not within the boundary of the City of Liverpool. So it must simply be down to the economics of the deal that make it so attractive to the club, so attractive that it is highly unlikley that we will be able to broker such a financially sound deal within the city in anycase.

What is it that scares you so much, the fact we will not be in the city of Liverpool or that we can get a better deal elsewhere?

You sound as if you know a thing or two?, . Maybe I don't have all the fact, if you do maybe you would like to spread the wealth a little, I am all ears.

Nobody has all the facts thats exactly why casting a vote is is like voting in the BNP because you cant get work but your polish next door neighbours all have jobs. The information I have is readily available to everyone there are several city council members who have publically stated the would back Everton, there are sites and all we as a club have to do is approach the council because they arent about to approach us.

Is BK and the board not privy to similar information you seem to be aware off? I am afraid I don't buy into BK and the rest of the board are trying to line their own pockets in any stadium deal.

Why are they polling the fans without seeing out the exclusivity agreement and looking into other options first? I'm not saying they are definatly trying to line their pockets but I cant find any other reason why they would try and get a decision from us whilst still in this agreement.

Can you??

Another thing to consider is Everton with a leased stadium have a "overhead" of rent.Everton with a morgaged stadium have a debt the latter makes the club less of an investment meaning less cash for the share holders but in reality the payments would be similar based on the 199 year timescale we would have the lease for!

I am not particuly pro Kirby, but I am very much pro getting out of Goodison to a new stadium and for the best financial deal possible. Not that bothered about redeveloping Goodison Park either to be honest even it is viable - Spending lots and lots of money just to have a bigger and better purpose build modern stadium build next doorand overshadowing any efforts on Goodison Park.

I agree apart from that little corner of my heart but that should never be used to make a rational decision, agreeing doesnt mean I'm gona be blinded by the spin Kirkby is a good deal but why arnt the club being honest about other possibilities?

LCC are not bound to silence, they can shout as loud as they want they have not signed any exclusivity deal with anybody. It just Everton who are unable to talk with other parties under this agreement from what I gather, isn't that right. LCC are on board with whom?

I touched on this above but if we state we want to stay in the city there are several sites outlined & several councilors willing to back the cause. Why would our council turn us down anyone bringing inovation to derelict areas of the city is being praised!

I am just a layman who has to trust that BK and the board have the best interest of the future of Everton at heart. BK is not some dodgy foreign invester out to make a few quid on Everton's back. I for one think he is a decent chap who has done a lot for the club over it's most difficult period in the clubs history.

You right BK is a decent bloke but the fact remains that when we move his shares will rocket, if we find the 50mil from tesco ourselves Everton will be worth 50mil less meaning all the share holders looking to sell up will be worth less. Remember he's an old man who wants a retirement fund so he's gona be looking to make the most cash he can when he sells!

I am afraid I am somebody who does think with his head and not with my heart, and some desisions need making with the head in my opinion.

Are you under the illusion I'm letting my heart rule my head? My personall preference would be to stay at Goodison but only if it was a financilly viable option, not "at any cost". My prefered destination is Walton hall park which is one of the available plots of land if we ask the council for it.

My head in this discussion is in exactly the right place, I'll go to kirkby if the deal is right but I know I'm not gona get any of my questions answered that is why I will vote no if they bother to send me a form out.

I want to know why BK is expection us to cast a vote without seeing the other options & I also want to know how much this "additional debt" & lease is gona cost us. As far as I can see the only benifit to us in the Kirkby move is a 50mil prezzie from tesco & lets be honest here 50mill morgaged over 100 years (Arsenal have a 100 year morgage to build their stadium) is pennies or from another perspective the cash from the next TV deal!!!!!!!

I am not stupid either, I know we are likley to be spoon feed all the positive on any stadium deal being pushed by the board. But in the cold light of day the only down side is that it is not within the boundary of the City of Liverpool. So it must simply be down to the economics of the deal that make it so attractive to the club, so attractive that it is highly unlikley that we will be able to broker such a financially sound deal within the city in anycase.

What is it that scares you so much, the fact we will not be in the city of Liverpool or that we can get a better deal elsewhere?

I dont think we will get a better deal financially anywhere else TBH but moving out of the city to a retail park by the motorway is a scary proposition and IMO if finding the 50mil ourselves means we can look into other sites I'm all for it.

You will know what I mean if you have ever visited the new grounds of boro, derby, bolton, wigan or man city and then compared them with those who have stayed in the city like newcastle, man united, arsenal & soon to be the shite. There is a differen aura about a football ground surrounded by houses, shops, parks & people than there is being surrounded by grey warehouses and car parking spaces!

A little insight into what I was saying earlier, LCC want to speak with Everton about the possibilities of staying in Liverpool but it's EFC and this exclusivity agreement that are stopping that!

KEIOC have received an email from Joe Anderson Leader of The Labour Party in Liverpool, he sent this communication on Sunday (15th July, 2007).

Dear Warren,

I am as you are probably aware supporting the campaign to keep EFC in the City Boundaries, and have been in dialogue with KEIOC.

I know you to have met with representatives also. I am waiting to have a meeting with EFC with Joe Benton MP and Louise Ellman MP to here their point of view. However I wondered whether you would find it useful to meet with me to discuss the Councils and your view on the matter with a joint political approach to EFC about the future here in Liverpool being something we could look at. I believe that some discussions around what might be expected of each other if the Kirkby deal hits a snag would not be in breach of any exclusivity bind, indeed it would be beneficial to all parties if this happened. I think a united front on this matter might prove to be a powerful tool in trying to persuade the powers that be that staying in Liverpool is supported jointly and therefore obstacles more easily overcome.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Best wishes

Joe

As you can see, this is potentially major news for the city as a whole, and surely a united council working with the club on this important issue would be good news for all. It's clear that this is a major issue for the Council, as they are prepared to lay down their political swords to help find a resolution to the problem of Everton Football Club abandoning the city.

We would urge Mr Bradley to show Everton FC that differences can be forgotten when the cause deserves it, and we hope that this partnership can move the club and the city forward into a new era of public discussion on this matter.

http://www.keioc.net/

Soon as I heard Keith say there was no plan B I knew it was more lies. He must take the fans for complete idiots, I'm sure a few new sites will miraculously appear if the vote is turned down. If the ballot is going to be a>move to Kirby b>stay in Goodison its a farce.

As for the design proposal I think it looks cheap and dated, something out of the 80's book of stadia architecture. It doesn't need to be a bowl to have the corners seated.

Edited by Bluetrip

Bluetrip said ......... "I'm sure a few new sites will miraculously appear if the vote is turned down".

. . . .

Nothing else will appear because this is already a done deal, the ballot has only been put out to appease the fans and con them into thinking they have a say in what happens to their Club, nothing is further than the truth.

The simple logistics are that we are a club deep in debt and cannot afford to build a £100 million pound new stadium, If rich benefactors come along and present you with ( A ) .. the opportunity of free space (Knowsley) and ( B ) ... to also build you a stadium ( tesco) leaving you just to furnish it at a cost of Ten Million, its a no brainer.

Sorry to have to say this but we have to prepare for life outside the city, my assumption is that this has already been sorted and agreed.

The final figures that are released from this poll will show that a higher percentage of supporters voted for it, whether they did or they did'nt.

IMO its Signed Sealed and Delivered, why else would there be no plan B. ??

I fear your right Bill but to me it's worth loaning the 50mil and staying where our heart is.

KW says we will increase revenue by more than 10mil per anum in a new stad plus the 50 would be part of a long term morgage, if its possible we can find a creditor then I realy dont see the problem in having a morgage for our ground.

it saddens me that Everton would even consider this for the megre sum of 50mil, seems alot of cash on paper but lets be realistic here in the world of premier league football 50mil is buttons & pocket fluff!

We are letting our heritage go for a sum of money that would cost us about 1mil per season to pay back plus the interest, less than we pay VDM to sit on the bench, when you look at it like that is seems a ridiculus proposition IMO!

I agree with you Liam, and would vote for other options if given the chance, unfortunately you and i are not running the Club, Wyness, (supposedly one the best at his job) was brought in here to look after our Finances, other options have been looked at and dismissed, because without doubt he sees this as the best possible deal, in fact the "Deal of the Century" are his words.

It doesnt matter what you or i think, the rest of the Board are in agreement and have already given the Go ahead, this poll or vote for the fans, is just a smokescreen to ease the heartache of moving from the Grand old lady.

In fifty years time it will all be forgotten, and the "Tesco Dean Arena" with the Dixie statue standing outside will be the natural home for all Blues, just as Goodison is now.

What is this £50M about - Are you saying we can buy the land in the city and build the stadium for £50M.

We will do well to do it for that - you will not get much change out of £70M for any Stadium with anything near 50,000 capacity going it alone. Then there is the land cost.

You have forgot to include the £10M we need to spend anyway on the fitting of the stadium.

I thought the build cost was around £75M for the stadium. Lets assume we get the land given to us as a gift ( that will be generouse). We are going to need at least a £75M mortgate.

Doesn't sound much over 100 year. But lets consider the mortgage at 5% (very low over the life of a 100 year - considering we are currently living in the age of very low interest rates) Interest alone is £3.75M a year - so we will have to pay back say £4.5M a year minimum - over a 100 year - That £450M or almost £0.5Billion, then we can call it our own Stadium!!!!

Sounds easy - Isn't that easy getting a £75M mortgage I bet!!!

I have heard of plenty of stadium cost going over run - I remember the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff sent Laing's bust, Contractors take very little risk on these types of things nowadays - Has huge finacial risks. I work in the Civil Engineering industry - and beleive you me money can disappear like water on this scale of build. A partner taking on the finacial of risk is a huge positive.

£50M or £75M sounds grand on paper - actually delivering that takes a huge amount of skill and a considerable slice of luck.

Obviously THE move wont be within the next few years wherever we go!......So a chance

to worry about the next couple of years and our lack of money,perhaps should be

looked at!

FINANCALLY OUTSHONE!...by Wigan,Sunderland,Fulham,Birmingham,Man City...and

the list goes on and on....WHY WORRY?

Last season it was against teams like these where we underperformed and lost points!

Whilst against some of the financial giants who have spent fortunes we recorded some

very good results and performances.

But for a couple of hit and hopes and a save from Vaughan at Stamford Bridge it would

have been even better.

So the sooner teams like Portsmouth,Wigan and Fulham.....spend all that money and become

"big"like the teams we managed to beat or draw with last season....the sooner we can stop

droping stupid points against them!

Seriously though,there will be big pressure on the "small"teams with the sudden wealth

with their overpriced players and the fans expectations.

And wherever the rectangle of grass that EVERTON end up playing on is situated,their

good young manager and ever improving team will probably beat most of these newly

financially burdened teams.

In a couple of years time when the ground move is probably sorted....if not complete,

then I'm sure we,Everton will be in a pretty good condition,and some of these teams

owned by clowns will wish they were as poor as us!!!

The final figures that are released from this poll will show that a higher percentage of supporters voted for it, whether they did or they did'nt.

I'm sorry Bill but that's cranking up the paranoia a notch too high for me. The vote's being run by the Electoral Reform Society....from their site..

ERS is acknowledged as the leading expert in election administration and associated services. Our integrity and professionalism are recognised by the United Nations and in UK Acts of Parliament.

We work for a wide variety of UK and international clients including multinational corporations, membership organisations, central and local government, political parties, trade unions, European Works Councils, independent trusts, voluntary and community groups, trade associations, charities, professional partnerships and financial institutions.

Our unique one-stop election service covers everything you need. We design, print, mail and count ballot papers at our own premises, guaranteeing their security and our complete accountability. We also offer a full range of postal, internet and telephone voting options, available in multiple languages and accessible from anywhere in the world.

This isn't rent-a-rigged-vote.....you don't go to the ERS to con people.

Edited by MikeO

OK Mike i hear what your saying, i'll put it another way ........ this move will go ahead wether the fans vote for it, or against it.

EFC have sold their souls for Tesco bonus Points and a cheap Stadium. IMO its a forgone conclusion.

I don't think it'll be an issue because I think the fans will vote for it, but if they don't...from the KW interview on Kipper..

MBE: What percentage either way will be binding?

KW: The chairman has said, and he will be saying it again, if it’s a No vote the process will not be taken further.

MBE: So if it’s just over fifty percent No, then it’s a definite No, even if it’s only 50.01 percent?

KW: That’s my understanding of the chairman’s and the board’s policy. If it’s a No vote, then we won’t be going.

MBE: Which leads me on to the obvious question – is the vote on its own binding, no other factors will be taken into consideration?

KW: Yes it will.

MBE: Irrespective of what the directors think?

KW: Yes.

MBE: You can’t be clearer than that!

Don't see how they can backtrack from that.

On the subject of dirty tricks and paranoia Liam's gone missing for a while....you don't suppose Bill's had him locked up in the Bridewell on Everton Brow til after the vote do you :unsure: ?