Sign in to follow this  
Bluetrip

Images Of The New Stadium

Pictures of the proposed stadium to be released 10am Friday on the official site:

link

Keith Wyness "The project is going to cost around £150m, but Everton will only be faced with a debt of between £10m and £15m, which is relatively nothing these days when the result is a brand new stadium. Tesco are putting in £50m towards the cost of the stadium, but they have negotiated a deal with their own contractors. This means we will be getting a stadium building that would otherwise have cost £75m. There is then the cost of fitting out the new stadium. The sale of Goodison Park will realise up to £15m and naming rights will earn us up to £25m. That will leave the club to fund the balance of the fitting out costs and we think that could be as low as £10m."

Stadium_Aerial.jpg

Stadium_corner2.jpg

Stadium_corner3.jpg

Stadium_entrance.jpg

Stadium_megastore.jpg

Stadium_side.jpg

internal01.jpg

Stadium_Aerial_1.jpg

There's no disputing its a fine stadium, its where its situated which causes the unrest.

It would look fabulous in the City, reminding everybody that we were the original, the one and only Football Club in the city.

Stadium_Aerial_2.jpg

How dare they even contemplate banishing us from our home, this should not be allowed to happen and i will be very disappointed in all the Board members if this project goes ahead, this same stadium can be built within the City.

I think as other people have said. I don't even think its a vote to if we go or not I think the decission has already been made to move there.

Looks a nice stadium though

in fairness thats one hell of a stadium, far better design that the bowl shaped lifeless things being built elsewhere. Possible to add to that aswell if need be in 10 - 15 years time. But its not enough info yet for me still need more before a decision is made.

I really like it to be honest-

It turns the whole sky Royal blue!!! Would be nice to also see some daylight images, as can make things look better than they are with 'mood' lighting.

I am glad that we are breaking the 'bowl' shape mould and having a more traditional shaped ground.

Still have that 'end feeling and belonging'. A good size for our curent support, but leave scope for future expansion if needed(we can hope). But good to have that option.

its beautiful very similar the the colongne stadium witch i understand they modled it on. as it produced the best atmosphere of the world cup apparently

4qfmgrn.jpg

well to the people who still arnt convinced and would rather rot in Goodison in the city then a fresh start in a new place new stadium lets face it anyway we allready live in the shadow of the SH**TE the council wont let us have the park but when liverpool ask they get it straight away.

besides this is one of our last options infact this is our last option

building a stadium like this can not be done in the city thats what people dont understand. there will be no backing from tesco's witch is basicly funding the whole thing witch we are blessed with allready as the top top man in tesco's is a blue.

plus there is no acctualy sights but non witch are defenately ok plus kirkby is situated right of a moterway so the accses is going to be brilliant with rails being built ect

there is no plan B thats what people need to grasp here otherwise we are going to be in Goodison till finaly the safety certificate go's and then weel be basicly screwed and by this time liverpool will have a nice brand new stadium 60,000 seater extendible to 80,000

I can only pray and hope this go's through, people will realise if not now but in the long run thats its the best move for everton football club.

i dont understand why people dont like this stadium its brilliant and could attract the players that we need

I havent seen anybody saying they dont like the Stadium. :huh: :huh:

i dont understand why people dont like this stadium its brilliant and could attract the players that we need

i think you have misunderstood ...

people really like the stadium its just the things that our coming with it are the debait issues like it being moved out the boundtys of liverpool city itself and other things iwth it uncluding tesco's and naming rights ect.

but i do agree with you in a scence that a new stadium could attract new and better players and even with it being in kirkby i think it should go ahead as eventualy there going to extend the boundarys of liverpool.

now thats a fine stadium lads, if anyone doesnt agree then there mad, this gets the thumbs up from me, wouldnt understand why anyone would want to vote no to this just becasue of a mere 4 miles!!!

Zed    1

At the end of the day, its an artists impression

The spin machine is in full swing

I remember the artists impression of the Kings dock arena and I also have the stup fooking reservation vouchers

Down to basics,

Really nice looking stadium that is going to cost around £150M to build.

It sound like Tesco's and Knowsley are going to fund the land and building the structure. Then all Everton have to pay for is the kitting out and finishing touches - i.e making it Evertons stadium against something that could just stand anywhere.

If we don't have the partnership of Tesco's and Knowsley to basically shoulder most of the finacial burden and risk, it sound as if basically we are not having a new stadium. Give the level of finances we are talking about I can beleive it.

£150M is a whole lot of money to build a stadium.

As I mentioned on another post - Even if we manage to get another partner to stump up say £50M we are going to be left with a £100M debt afterward. At 5% thats going to to cost us around £6M a year for the next 100 year - About £0.5Billion.

It all boils down to the site - I have to say for the level of financial backing we are getting from our partner on this we have to go for it.

I think we would be fools to turn it down - a golden oppertunity.

Think that new Portsmouth ground is bloody awfull for the outlay(600m), all they are getting is a 36.000 seater.

It could also have safety issues with entering and leaving with two thirds of the ground sticking out into the water.

Probably issue the away supporters with Life jackets on entering, and have to stay in half hour till every other fooka's gone home.

Mac    0

I like it, none of these futuristic round looking bastards, they seem to have gone for a traditional English style of stadium with a nice modern twist.

ATB

Mac

:D Stadium looks superb to me £150 mil and not carrying the majority of the financial burden. I'm overjoyed big fat yes from me get in there!

Pompeys ground is a bit garish in comparisson and it'll be fooked when sea levels rise hope they've got some expensive sea defenses whoops! ;)

portsmouth 600million and it looks shite.

150million and it looks great, 60,000 seater traditional look.

i no which one i want

Even allowing for the fact that it's an artists impression, (so shown in its best possible light) I think it's fucking fantastic. And if we have to go to Kirkby to get it (open to debate still for some) then I think we should.

There is no way we can say no to this.

The stadium looks great and i can just imagine being in there. B)

The stadium will mostly be funded by tesco. Which (Like Wyness said) will then leave us with VERY FEW debts.

Stadium revenue is the second biggest source of finance for income behind the tv money. Wyness said that having a new stadium will put an EXTRA 10MILLION into Moyes transfer kitty - EVERY YEAR.

WE HAVE GOT TO MOVE...

What I don't understand is Wyness has said today that the stadium will cost £150million right? Tesco are putting in £50million yes? And we're putting in £10million through selling Goodison and naming rights for the new stadium yes? So where the hell is the rest of the money coming from for this 'wonderful' stadium?

for what its worth I think it looks really good.

the curved corners from the outside with the pillars looks nice and is a good unique touch, better than the masts or wonky flag pole type constructions that some new stadiums have.

Inside looks a bit like the east side of old trafford before they put those ugly big upper corners in.

Much better design than the emirates IMO.

If that was built right now I'd say it was easily the best looking new build stadium in the country...

Until next wednesday of course B)

our (liverpool) plans are released then apparently.

i've seen what I'm 75% sure is the real design, some pics were leaked a month or so ago. the design takes a bit of getting used to but it is amazing. totally unique. the new kop will be fucking massive.

£150m seems a snip compared to Pompeys dream

http://www.pompeyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/N...1016037,00.html

Portsmouth's new ground when built will be the best looking ground in the 1st Division.

AS for ours, 2 things; 1) Why havent there been seats incorporated into the corners, isnt that a waste of space?

AND 2) How do we all feel about naming rights, do we want to sell out and be the next Emirates/Reebok/JJB. Seeing as (if we moved) we would be moving away from the Walton/Everton area thus in a way slightly losing our identity with the place I would hope we somehow use the name Everton or Goodison along with the new sponsor (dont ask me how exactly).

Does the money that would come in with naming rights outweigh dignity?

]AS for ours, 2 things; 1) Why havent there been seats incorporated into the corners, isnt that a waste of space?

If the corners were filled the capacity would be 60,000. We propbaly woulodnt fill that so we go with 50,000. with the OPTIION to expand to 60,000 by filling in the corners.

AND 2) How do we all feel about naming rights, do we want to sell out and be the next Emirates/Reebok/JJB. Seeing as (if we moved) we would be moving away from the Walton/Everton area thus in a way slightly losing our identity with the place I would hope we somehow use the name Everton or Goodison along with the new sponsor (dont ask me how exactly).

Does the money that would come in with naming rights outweigh dignity?

Personly i would like the new stadium to be named "new Goodison" but the stadium will probaly be named by some company - for the simple reason it brings in more money

there was even talk of liverpool naming there satdium the macdonalds stadium sure it a giggle but the money amonts they would get was huge. whats the deal though ?? if we call are stadium the umbro stadium for example does that meen we have to be sponsered by umbro for ever ??? well aslong as we play in that stadium?

I have to say I'd much prefer if the corners were filled in, the gap between ours is huge unlike the one in Cologne ours is supposed to be modeled on. I'm glad the light towers were given a miss though.

Rheinenergie Stadion

cologne-in.jpg

internal01.jpg

there was even talk of liverpool naming there satdium the macdonalds stadium sure it a giggle but the money amonts they would get was huge. whats the deal though ?? if we call are stadium the umbro stadium for example does that meen we have to be sponsered by umbro for ever ??? well aslong as we play in that stadium?

No not at all. The sponsors would sign a contract of a number fo years (say 10 years). And after said amount of time they could renew the contract or not. Leaving us to negotiate naming rights with a different company, and changing the stadiums name.

Pat    2

Exacto mark, like shirt sponsorship.

Only Nag is you can have a stadium name chgange every 4-5 yrs. I have seen this.

I believe in Sydney, if 3 of us indivudually took off on a mission to -> 1) Telstra Stadium 2) Sydney Footyy Stadium & 3) Aussie Stadium

We would all end up @ the same Ground...!!!

well woudnt this mean if we just used a sponsor name for say 10 years till the finacial situiation of paying for the stadium is a distant memory than name it somthing such as new Goodison (allong those lines) i basicly meen a normal name

well woudnt this mean if we just used a sponsor name for say 10 years till the finacial situiation of paying for the stadium is a distant memory than name it somthing such as new Goodison (allong those lines) i basicly meen a normal name

By that time the club and manager will have come to rely on the extra income it brings, so I couldnt see them just waving goodbye to it just because they don't need it so much anymore.

Zed    1
new ground does'nt look that different to Ibrox, which is a shit stadium.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I think you must be in a minority of one thinking the ground looks shit

new ground does'nt look that different to Ibrox, which is a shit stadium.

ibrox is an old crapy stadium that maybe shares one or to slightly similar charicteristics

but are one is new and modern i thinks its fantastic

also i think that the peoples club thing is abit of a tribute to moyes and were he has taken us since he has been at the club witch is quite an achivement so i think he deserves it :)

Zed    1
ibrox is an old crapy stadium that maybe shares one or to slightly similar charicteristics

but are one is new and modern i thinks its fantastic

also i think that the peoples club thing is abit of a tribute to moyes and were he has taken us since he has been at the club witch is quite an achivement so i think he deserves it :)

THE PEOPLES CLUB is all over Goodison, its all over the web site and all over every bit of literature Everton produce, I feel they've over done it now. Dont think its any such tribute to Moyes, more and exploitation of a good soundbite

You been looking on NSNO mate?

Yeh i was, and i think they have a point, why can't we have our own identity instead of copying someone elses setup, oh yeh i forgot it's because we've got NO FUCKIN MONEY! so we have to rely on some supermarket to bail us out, takes the piss it does.

sorry, bad day at work so i'm just having a rant.

Yeh i was, and i think they have a point, why can't we have our own identity instead of copying someone elses setup, oh yeh i forgot it's because we've got NO FUCKIN MONEY! so we have to rely on some supermarket to bail us out, takes the piss it does.

sorry, bad day at work so i'm just having a rant.

It does look remarkably like Ibrox I agree. I don't particularly like what our new stadium will look like anyway, it's too ordinary. There's nothing to it at all, no imagination.

I think the way they are looking at the corners leaving extra capacity for the future is a very smart move. Building a new stadium once every 100 years or so is plenty enough.

The stadium being built is for around 45,000 - 50,000 people - so 10,000 more than Goodison - So the new stadium has capacity for an additional 10%, enough to get in some extra revenue and not too much that it could look half empty.

If we find we need extra capacity - (who know what the futre holds) it can fairly easily be done over a couple of summer, with little or no disruption to using the stadium.

We are not a 60,000 a game team at the moment, so we are not going to pay for and build a 60,000 seater stadium. Be should our fortunes or football in genral change, minimal finance outlay or disruption is required to increase the capacity - that is very smart move buy the club.

So the sizeable space in the corners is there for a very good reason.

it may look like ibrox on the inside but it certainly dont look like it on the outside.

to me i think its quite unique.

yeh, the rest of it just looks like Cologne. we need our own identity with our own unique design, this ones boring imo.

Zed    1
yeh, the rest of it just looks like Cologne. we need our own identity with our own unique design, this ones boring imo.

iTS BLUE AND GOT A BIG FUCK OFF EVERTON ON THE SIDE

What more do you want, I dont go the match to look at the stand and go WOW

maybe it's because i'm just interested in buildings and architechture and i think we could do a lot more, for start, out of the german stadiums i prefer Frankfurts Commerzbank stadium with the four-sided TV screen hanging over the centre spot, what a design feature that is. it's all personal opinions really isn't it? You like, I don't. simple as