IGNORED

Vaughan Was Going To Quit Footie

from the official site:

Victor Anichebe has revealed that James Vaughan considered quitting football.

Vaughan dislocated his shoulder during the first-half of the friendly with Preston North End and is expected to miss about three to four months of the season.

Understandably the teenager was distraught at this latest setback but his closest friend, Anichebe, told evertonTV that his pal actually considered packing it all in.

"He wanted to give up because he was thinking ‘how can this happen to me again' but it's not a career threatening injury," said Anichebe. "It's the timing because he was doing so well and to get put back again is tough."

However, Vaughan came through the early dark days and is now concentrating on getting back to fitness. Anichebe is backing him to overcome this latest setback.

"He's alright now but at first he was a bit shook up," said Anichebe. "I was completely gutted for him because he's worked so hard to get back from his last injury and now its another setback. But he's fought back before and he'll do it again.

"He's that kind of person. He's a fighter and I know he will come back stronger. He just needs everyone around him helping him and pushing him. We're close mates and so I speak to him a lot. He's just chilling out at the moment."

Glas he didnt, glad he is going to carry on.

I am a big Vaughan fan like pretty much everybody else.

But I am now having concerns of his injury problems.

He came on to the scene a few years ago as the youngest ever scorer in the Premiership - But in the main since then he has been on the treatment table.

The way he player also lend himself to picking up knocks.

I have heard a few sayinng we should get rid of Beattie, that we best without Nugent becasue we have a better player in Vaughan.

Problem up to now is that he has not been able to string much more than a handful of game before picking up an injury.

I really hope he is not going to be one of those great players that we struggle to get on the pitch. As it's very difficult to bring any sort of consistency to a team when one of your first 11 in always in and out of the team.

I think he is going to need to keep himself injury free for a prolonged period if we are going to really consider him a first choice striker at the club.

Im sure he really wanted to quit and go and work on a building site

My heart bleeds, although I dowish him a speedy recovery and understand he must have been a bit low

A popular saying lately is HARDEN THE FUCK UP

Im sure he really wanted to quit and go and work on a building site

My heart bleeds, although I do wish him a speedy recovery and understand he must have been a bit low

A popular saying lately is HARDEN THE FUCK UP

Well put. My mum has a loose shoulder joint, it pops out all the time and she just puts it back in and gets on with what she's doing....and she's seventy-two! Although admittedly she's not playing premiership football (be as effective as BT last season mind) :lol: .

Like the man said...Harden the fuck up JV!