IGNORED

How Do You Think Everton Will Fare In All Competitions This Season?

Premiership:- 5th

FA CUP:- Quarter Finals

Carling Cup:- Winners

UEFA Cup:- Semi Finals

Bottom two seem a little optimistic but i have a good feeling about us this season. We deserve a little bit of success and a chance to all hit concert square on cup final day and spare them pubs of them kopites (mostly norweigian, irish and asian) and show them how the peoples club celebrate.

Prem - 7th

FA - 4th rnd

CC - quarters

Uefa - Final/winners

Based on the hope that we may have learnt some lessons about playing in europe i reckon we should do v. well in uefa this time round.

Your on my team but braver than me my friend!

All I hope for is group stage of the Uefa and qualification for next season as long as we keep up the progress I'm happy.

Wembly would be fuckin fantastic like but I doubt I'd remember much even if we got there :P

Your on my team but braver than me my friend!

All I hope for is group stage of the Uefa and qualification for next season as long as we keep up the progress I'm happy.

Wembly would be fuckin fantastic like but I doubt I'd remember much even if we got there :P

Yeh i know mate, just got a good feeling bout uefa and got carried away! I'll stick with what i said tho and look forward to sayin 'told you so' when we do win it!

It's a classic case of when you want something so much you believe it really could happen!

How do i think Everton will fare. ???

Not very well, i think this season we will be passed by several clubs who have spent more money and brought in more players.

I think besides the usual top 4 there is also Spurs, Newcastle, and dark horses Man City who will deffo finish ahead of us, so i'm just hoping we can stay in the top 10.

8th to 10th in the Prem.

hopefully get to the Last 8 in all other Cup Comps.

I agree Liker and can maybe also include West Ham in that as well who have spent a bit and have the chance to be up there as well.

Apart from the Likes of Sunderland, Birmingham and Derby who I think have a good chance of going back down again i think most if not all of the clubs that were in the premiership last season have added to there squad well this season.

Still got a couple of weeks to go til the season starts so heres hoping that Vogal joins on a free and there is something up DM sleve (even though he wears a t shirt)

Jags said on Sky Sports when on about playing in different piositions that DM is trying to bring in a couple of players to the squad

I think we'll do very well until about three weeks into the season when attendances will plummet due to a mass suicide pact among a significant proportion of our terminally depressive suppoerters. Revenues will drop accordingly, we'll sell Arteta, Cahill, AJ, Lescott, Yobo and Howard in the transfer window to make ends meet and the rest of us will have jumped off the roof of the main stand by Valentines day :P .

Edited by MikeO

So Mike, after you've got that little aside out of your system, are we to assume that you think we will win the prem and and all the other Cup Competitions, please enlighten us with your guesses at the final figures.

After all thats what the thread was asking, was it not. ???

I've not got a clue how we'll do, depends entirely on the luck of the draw in the domestic cups so pointless imo to speculate. UEFA, due to its seeding...if we play anywhere close to our ability we'll get through the group stages (only need to finish in the top three of five) and then we're at the mercy of the draw again. We could go out in the last 32 or win it. The league we'll be about where we've been most of the time recently...5th to 8th.

I'll never get it out of my system, I'm as excited and optimistic about this season as I have been for the last forty odd. It's fucking brilliant and life enhancing to be an Evertonian with a new season on the way and I refuse to think any other way. Life's too short for fussing and fighting my friend :D !

Think Some people in here live in ther own little land

Think ill just have a go at the Premiership as cups i think are really luck of the draw for the most part.

Thinking

MAN U

CHELSEA

LIVERPOOL

SPURS

ARSENAL

BOLTON

EVERTON

PORTSMOUTH

NEWCASTLE

ASTON VILLA

SUNDERLAND

bla

bla bla

bla

bla

Ermmm so so 7th then

Edited by blablabla

I don't think its going to be as bad as some people predict Premiership wise.

To me the only team I think will improve much beyond last years showning will be Newcastle - for the first time in ages I think money has been spend wisely, and big Sam is good at putting a team out.

West Ham - you actually look at there squad and they are not that good to be honest.

Man City - Think they have lost a better player in Barton than anything I have seen coming in. not mad on Sven, doesn't seem to suit the English game to be honest.

Villa - Have't done much in the transfer market as of yet that scares me.

Sunderland - Made a few good signings, but in the main their squad is a mainly a championship side.

I think teams like Reading and Bolton will go backwards.

A lot will depend on how well we do injury wise to be honest, and that is in the lap of the Gods. Our taking part in the UEFA cup may also take its toll.

Main aim has to be another European place next season, either via the league or the cup.

Talking of the cups - Always depends on the draw.

Prem - 5th, to 8th would be great

FA Cup - Quater finals

Carling Cup - Quater finals

UEFA Cup - Final (as long as we don't come up against Bayern before hand)

Hope its better than this, but here is my honest and unbiased Guess at top 10.

1..Man utd

2..Chelsea

3..L'pool

4..Arsenal

5..Spurs

6..Newcs

7..Man city

8..Everton

9..Blackburn

10.A.Villa.

Reason for my thinking is that we have stood still in the summer, where as other teams have made more headway.

for f@*~ sake all the high posters come into a post and change it completely i didn't ask for a full season and team description i just wanted to know how everton will do in the competition

I didn't ask who spent more!

I didn't ask were would everyone finish in the table!

I didn't ask anything else but HOW DO YOU THINK EVERTON WILL FARE IN ALL COMPETITIONS THIS SEASON.

KEEP UP LADS !!!!

It's called a discussion. If you look up towards the top of the page you'll see where it says "General Everton Discussion," people just backing up their opinions with reasons. You can't stipulate "one word answers only please." Well you could but it wouldn't be very interesting. Try it if you like (then watch some argumentative bastard offer an opinion :angry: ) :D.

1..Man utd

2..Chelsea

3..L'pool

4..Arsenal

5..Spurs

6..Newcs

7..Man city

8..Everton

9..Blackburn

10.A.Villa.

Reason for my thinking is that we have stood still in the summer, where as other teams have made more headway.

Agree on that table ^

Prem - 8th

Carling Cup - 4th Round

F.A - Final/Winners

Uefa - Quarters

Thats would be amazing considering were fucking skint anyway.

Can't see why everyone is predicting Man City to be above us, they haven't brought much and have a prick for a manager.

I think the top five could be out of reach with 1 Man Utd, 2 Chelsea, 3 Liverpool, 4 Tottenham, 5 Arsenal

Portsmouth have spent over the top on average players, I can't see Bolton doing so well without Big Sam as it looks like they could lose Anelka as well, and Barton's injury is a big blow to Newcastle.

I'll go for a repeat of 6th place.

I could see us winning a cup this season.

1..Man utd

2..Chelsea

3..L'pool

4..Arsenal

5..Spurs

6..Newcs

7..Man city

8..Everton

9..Blackburn

10.A.Villa.

Agree with your top 10 Licker but 7,8,9,10 could change about a bit depending on the final 5 weeks of transfer activity ! (cos we're only 2 players away from a great side )

As for cup comp's i'll go for -

FA- 5th round

Carling- 4th round

Uefa- last 32

Prem - Winners

F.A. Cup - Winners

Carling Cup - Winners

E.U.F.A. - Winners

Grand National - Winners

Boat Race - Winners

The Turner Prize - Winners

Calcutta Cup - Winners

This post was brought to you by Red Wine and Royal Blue glasses.

ATB

Mac

Can't see why everyone is predicting Man City to be above us, they haven't brought much and have a prick for a manager.

I think the top five could be out of reach with 1 Man Utd, 2 Chelsea, 3 Liverpool, 4 Tottenham, 5 Arsenal

Portsmouth have spent over the top on average players, I can't see Bolton doing so well without Big Sam as it looks like they could lose Anelka as well, and Barton's injury is a big blow to Newcastle.

I'll go for a repeat of 6th place.

I could see us winning a cup this season.

I think we will be finishing 5-7th HOPEFULLY, this is going to be a tough one . Really not sure about the about the UEFA, uncharted waters as far as im concered but im looking forward to it. Other cups, our lucks gotta change soon, weve not done well and historically we are oneof the most successfull FA cup teams going, so we need to get our arse in gear

As for the man city comment, sven has proven how good a manager he is at every club hes been at, hes signed about four playrs now and doesnt look like stopping, he wouldnt have took the man city job with out the promis of a big kity and I think he got a lot to prove to the English press. Hes one of the most successful England managers REALLY

• 7 months later...
I think we'll do very well until about three weeks into the season when attendances will plummet due to a mass suicide pact among a significant proportion of our terminally depressive suppoerters. Revenues will drop accordingly, we'll sell Arteta, Cahill, AJ, Lescott, Yobo and Howard in the transfer window to make ends meet and the rest of us will have jumped off the roof of the main stand by Valentines day :P .

Tee hee, just remembered this thread and thought I'd have a look.

I make it...

Blind Optimists 1 Terminal Depressives (mentioning no names ;) ) 0