IGNORED

Should We Be Looking Forward To The New Season With Hope?

Luq101

I am concerned for the new season yes for reasons I have given loads of time over the last few months and of which nothing has changed.

Hoped I am proved wrong though.

Be interesrting to see where we are now in the bookies eyes for a top 6 finish with most other clubs adding to there team

i am looking foward and a bit worried with the goalkeeper problem and the size of our sqaud

all i hear is evertons striker worries what about our goalkeeper if something happend to howard would turner be able to cut it in uefa. =/

we do have a problem and it is the size of our sqaud.

im looking forward to it with great expectation

cahill and vaughan are not out for that long (cahill for roughly two months and vaughan for 3/4 months)

i see people shouting for a striker to fill in for vaughan whilst he's out...what happens to that striker when vaughan is back ??

yes its not ideal but vaughan only played in the final three months of the season, so we coped with him for the majority and we can do it again

as for cahill being out, yes its a blow but osman and pienarr can fill in for him short term.

if its true about shandy van der meyde flying in training and getting back to full fitness, our midfield could have a very useful playmarker to take the pressure off Arteta

baines WILL sign in the next couple of days, im confident about that (as stated on a different thread...no transfer is completed without abit of bargaining and man city wont get anywhere near him)

my only concern is the risky selling of james beattie with no replacement in sight. im hoping moyes brings a rabbit out of a hat here

too many people on here talking as though we are relegation fodder. do we want a huge squad with average players or spend loads and take us to the brink of going under IF the uefa cup adventure goes down the pan ? no of course not

stop looking about what happened two years ago, we have grown as a squad and moyes has improved as a manager

lets get behind them !

It's my opinion.

I'LL GO ALONG WITH THAT OPINION ALSO.

If the board are not going to back the manager, He's not able to do his job to the best of his ability, and with 3 finishes 7th 4th and 6th in the five years he's been here i think he's earned a bit of money and should be repaid.

I agree I'm sure he's really hacked off. We've made a net spend of 3m this window. Everyone else is spending millions. What's this about him being away on family business?????

Talking it through with his family whether to resign perhaps? Or maybe something innocent. Seems a strange time to do it though.

Our board are a fucking discrase, They need to get some money out for Moyes, Man City have pissed me off so much spending millions + are on SS website every day either signing a player or in talks with a player. It seems everyone but us are signing, hopefully we will sign baines at least.

""hopefully we will sign baines at least""

Should have been done before Pistone and Naysmith left, now it could be too late.

I dont think we would have got Jagielka if he did'nt have the Release clause.

Unfortunately with Jags you are spot on! The board is an utter disgrace, there is 35 million coming in from Sky, 60 million in total of this year profit, where is all the money gone?

Personally I think it is all being eaten up by interest from loans and overdrafts.

I found this on another forum and it raises an interesting point.

I suspect he is just making a point / ratcheting pressure on tweedledum and tweedledee - he does like a good flounce from time to time so it is claimed. However, we are busy blowing another golden chance to progress as a team so I know I can't help but worry that it could all be about to go horribly wrong.

The root cause is simple when you look at our accounts. The extent to which we have spent beyond our means and driven up the debt (despite flogging everything that is not nailed down) over the last 5 years is staggering.

Put simply, even if Wyness made good on the £10m incremental revenue per annum that would only get us break even on our current cost base (debt/net asset decline is nearly 40m over the period despite 10m in one-off receipts, excluding rooney!) - basically we're overspending by 10m per year.

In short, even Wyness' fairytale projections would not free up a single extra penny for team building. It would just render our team of Nevilles and Carsleys affordable! Without new ownership / investment and new sources of additional income beyond a ground move we are condemned to a steady decline - the point BK and Wyness make, albeit I'd argue the root causes are different than the ones they spin...and so is the solution!!!

kirkby is starting to become a no for me because if the price of the stadium goes over £300 million the club will have to pay, and as with all stadiums the cost will go up like wembly etc.

and if we have put 10mill or 20mill out of our transfer funds that is terrible, wot good is a new stadium if we aint got the right calabre of players to achieve a high prem and uefa squad

This Baffles me......-" basically we're overspending by 10m per year."

I've just got to ask, on what. ??

OUR TRANSFER SPENDING SINCE THE YEAR 2001 TILL TODAY ....... £49 MILLION.

OUR TRANSFER SELLING IN THE SAME PERIOD UP TO TODAY ......... £54 MILLION. a profit of 5 million.

in 2003 WE FINISHED 7th, in 2005 WE FINISHED 4th, in 2007 WE FINISHED 6TH.

WE HAVE HAD ONE OF THE SMALLEST SQUADS IN THE PREM FOR YEARS, WITH A STRICT WAGE CAP. WE WHERE ALL CURSING BIG DUNC FOR BEING TOP EARNER ON 30 THOUSAND.

AN AVERAGE OF THIRTY FIVE MILLION TV MONEY EACH SEASON, WITH MONEY GOING UP TO 50 OR 60 MILLION THIS YEAR. WE HAVE SOLD EVERYTHING WE HAD TO SELL, TILL WE HAVE NOTHING LEFT BUT THE GROUND WE PLAY ON, AND NOW THEY WANT TO SELL THAT.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW WE HAVE GOT NO MONEY.

excuse the caps but i'm shouting it from the rooftops ...... how can we be in such a mess, how have we spent all that money.

Where's Moyes going to go if he leaves us? And more to the point who's going to take over? We were on such a high at the end of the season, what's gone wrong? OK I'll anwer my question - we are totally gutted with the fact that we have not made any big name signings. Is ther maybe some big name who Moyes is going to sign? If only....

Personally I think it is all being eaten up by interest from loans and overdrafts.

I found this on another forum and it raises an interesting point.

I suspect he is just making a point / ratcheting pressure on tweedledum and tweedledee - he does like a good flounce from time to time so it is claimed. However, we are busy blowing another golden chance to progress as a team so I know I can't help but worry that it could all be about to go horribly wrong.

The root cause is simple when you look at our accounts. The extent to which we have spent beyond our means and driven up the debt (despite flogging everything that is not nailed down) over the last 5 years is staggering.

Put simply, even if Wyness made good on the £10m incremental revenue per annum that would only get us break even on our current cost base (debt/net asset decline is nearly 40m over the period despite 10m in one-off receipts, excluding rooney!) - basically we're overspending by 10m per year.

In short, even Wyness' fairytale projections would not free up a single extra penny for team building. It would just render our team of Nevilles and Carsleys affordable! Without new ownership / investment and new sources of additional income beyond a ground move we are condemned to a steady decline - the point BK and Wyness make, albeit I'd argue the root causes are different than the ones they spin...and so is the solution!!!

Where did you get that from?

kirkby is starting to become a no for me because if the price of the stadium goes over £300 million the club will have to pay, and as with all stadiums the cost will go up like wembly etc.

and if we have put 10mill or 20mill out of our transfer funds that is terrible, wot good is a new stadium if we aint got the right calabre of players to achieve a high prem and uefa squad

wembley was poorly managed

football is that currupt now it would not be an unrealistic for us to win the league in the next ten years.

we could get our new ground then some dumb ass backer comes in throws money all over the show bish bash bosh we could be mounting a league challenge thats how pethetic its gone.

Eg chelsea, liverpool west ham could be getting there if they carry on this way. the man city backer is splashing all this dirty money he has robbed.

city had no barton no distan all gone they were screwed all of a sudden new manager new backer loads of players they look in a great position.

west ham should have gone down now look at them splashing the cash! everywere!

sunderland are nerwly premoted and outbidding and offering better wages than us!

pompey are just as bad

teams are turning around in the click or someones fingures, football should not work like this

It is really just a mess at the momment

something has to be done the question is

is it to late for football now??

somethong should have been done when it happend with blackburn.

but no it lead the chelsea still they didnt stop it and look were we are now.

what a mess!

Where's Moyes going to go if he leaves us? And more to the point who's going to take over? We were on such a high at the end of the season, what's gone wrong? OK I'll anwer my question - we are totally gutted with the fact that we have not made any big name signings. Is ther maybe some big name who Moyes is going to sign? If only....

Hate to say it but think he will be at West Ham before the season is out.

I think that West Ham will still struggle next season, they will sack Curbs and DM will take over and improve the swquad in January window.

We will be left with Ian Dowie.

Club is a disgrace