IGNORED

Jv & Big Vic Better Than Smith

I just thought I would put something forward alot of people were dissapoitned we didn't sign smith, but IMO he never would have cut it. He doesn't score enough JV and BIG VIC got 8/9 league goals between them last year I don't think you would have got that from smith. He has heart and scares defenders so do the two youngsters I just think for next season AJ and BIG VIC can do what is required to keep us top 6 with faddy doing the odd cameo to support. I think we need one squad striker in as cover and then see who plays we'll in the lower leagues and snap one up ni Jan.

Jv & Big Vic Better Than Smith

neither of them can play as many positions as smith

one of them is injured

the sky is the limit for both of them with there potential its just that smith would have been nice right now tbh

what are all these positions that smith can play in? as far as i can see he is an ok forward, his stint as a midfielder was an absolute joke, where else does he play?

what are all these positions that smith can play in? as far as i can see he is an ok forward, his stint as a midfielder was an absolute joke, where else does he play?

All accross the mid, up front & the link between midfield & attack at the end of last season was some of the best link up football in the whole league last season IMO.

Thats were else he plays ^ GM is bang on the money there. He would have went down a treat but im not going to dwell on a player that we never got but at the same time im not going to talk about how good vaughn is when were not going to see him back until cristmas.

plus whats the point in snapping up a stricker in jan when vaughn will be back then ???

if we are going to need a stricker this season it has to be now before the window shuts. If not im quite happy to pack the mid and let Aj play on his own up there.

Now that we are short of strikers i would have had him as a squaddie, but i wont shed any tears over missing out on him. ;)

Exactly the way I seen it with both smith and nugent, It is not like weve missed out on henry or anything its just they would have been nice. The current list of strickers we have are very sound to me and i only feel strongly to get someone in as vaughns long term injury (again btw) and cahill missing. These are 2 influantial attackers who can get goals and give us an arial presence and propbly the first 2 choices you would pick to play with johnson. bar them being out as if it wasnt for injurys- vaughn and cahill back also Aj n victor they are four top top class forwards IMO. Then I wouldnt want a stricker at all(there would be no need)

im not goin to count mcfadden, he will be good as 'a squaddie' i supose but he is nowere near to the other 4 really on a consistant level he is to much of a luxary player for me. Its like we only have him on the pitch waiting for him to have a stroke of brilliance an smash one in form 30 yards when we could have somone on who is doing more for the team and scoring more goals and giving solid performances intead of fazes in and out of games. Thats what I think of the matter.

If Vaughan and Cahill were healthy, I think we'd be in a darn good position, especially if we utilized the 4-5-1 for some of these tournaments.

That being said, we are a little thin right now up front, and there is no guarantee that Vaughan or Cahill will be in form as soon as they come back. Smith nor Nugent wasn't the answer. Alan Smith wasn't worth the progress stopper he would be for Vaughan and Vic. Nugent at that price is a decent sized gamble. Neither one would've been a smart investment with our current roster.

I think Moyes plan is that we either are going to sign one more midfielder to help with a 4-5-1, or we are going to see Lukas play quite a bit off the bench acting as a "sparkplug" of sorts. There is nothing wrong with bringing in a young lad like Lukas; it's just when he has to start there is problems. We also have McFadden who can fill in for some spot duty as well.

It is nice to seem some of the doom & gloom dissapear though. I am very excited about this upcoming year and look forward to us showing we belong at the top of Premiership! :D