IGNORED

Mark Schwarzer

Sickboy

Iain Turner is twenty-two..been on loan to get experience. The legend that is Neville Southall was twenty-three when he became first choice having, I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone here, been hod carrying two years prevously after being rejected at trial by Crewe and Bolton. He went on loan to Port Vale (I think) but the rest (apologies for the cliche) is history. Gotta be time to give Turner his chance, I really don't think a new keeper is needed.

Guest fozzie22
Iain Turner is twenty-two..been on loan to get experience. The legend that is Neville Southall was twenty-three when he became first choice having, I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone here, been hod carrying two years prevously after being rejected at trial by Crewe and Bolton. He went on loan to Port Vale (I think) but the rest (apologies for the cliche) is history. Gotta be time to give Turner his chance, I really don't think a new keeper is needed.

Agreed..if this is true it seems to me that DM has a keeper fetish :(

all new managers at EFC seem to start off with a keeper for some reason, then end up giving them away. Most of them are still playing for other clubs.

Simonson, Gerrard, Myhre. !!. We are left with one whos too old, and two who are considered to be too young, and another who's considered to be just fookin useless.

How much did they all cost,?? and now we're looking for another one.

For too long now we have made "panic" signings instead of waiting for the right players to become available. I feel that with Martyn closing in on FORTY and Wright being one of the worst there is when it comes to taking crosses and installing confidence in a defence we do need to bring in a quality keeper for next season. However Mark Schwarzer is not the answer - he is one of the worst keepers in the league and would not be an improvement on Wright or Turner and therefore a complete waste of money. I posted a week ago that we should look to bring in Niemi and to have him going to Fulham at well below his market value is very dissapointing. Surely Cudicini can't be happy for much longer warming the bench at Chelsea and an offer for him would be worth considering.

Schwarzer is not good enough to save money.

he is shit - he's only going to go to the world cup because the aussie reserve keeper is even worse than him and plays in division 20 or something for West Kirby FC.

We dont need a keeper - we have Turner and Ruddy to train up for the rest of this season.

We need a fookin striker and a left/centre back. (valente is not good enough)

I hope this FC Thun player is okay! Although any player on trial is always a doubt - anyone remember Plessis?