IGNORED

African Cup Of Nations

The AFCON is starting in a couple of weeks and I have no doubt there will be loads of talent on display. With EFC in desparate need of some top signings I really hope Moyes is sending a couple of scouts over to Egypt. Admittedley Bakayoko and the Ghanaian (can't remember his name at the mo) were flops at Goodison but Yobo has been brilliant and there is lots of talent coming from Africa which can often be snapped up far cheaper than European players. All the games are being shown live here in South Africa so if Moyes wants to give me a call I can do the scouting job for him from infront of my telly!!!

Sam Allardyce may be complaining about losing his African players but Bolton have built a big part of their success around their African players like Okocha, Diouf, Jaidi, Faye and Fadiga.

No club likes to lose their players to international matches, but put it into perspective. Would you rather have a quality defender like Yobo (who should be club captain by the way) eventhough he misses a month every second season or a cart horse like Weir.

Bottom line is African players are good value for money, particularly those from countries like Cameroon, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast and Senegal who are physically built to suit the demands of the EPL.

The important thing to remember when bringing in these players is that the culture, climate, language ets is totally new for them and one needs to be patient ang give them time to settle. Dutch and particularly French clubs understand this and have been benefiting accordingly for years - its time EFC became pro-active and did the same!!!

Thats exactly my point - mose top english / european players would not see Everton as an attractive option which is why we often miss out on our transfer targets to Clubs like Spurs and Newcastle nver mind the Big 4. However for most African players a move to any EPL club would be a dream come true. In South Africa for example the EPL gets more coverage than other league, even more than our local league, each and every premiership game is shown on channel 23 which is a 24 hour soccer channel. As a result the EPL is massive in SA and all young footballers gorw up dreaming of playing in england and scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final etc etc. Benni McCarthy is a perfect example of an African player who desparately wants to play in England and I have no doubt would jump at the chance to join Everton. He has played in Holland (Ajav), Spain (Celta Vigo) and Portugal (Porto) but England is where he and many others want to play.

Get the scouts to Cairo instead of raiding the Scottish / Lower divisions for inferior British players.

Its not about a lousy team fighting relegation you weapon!

For the african lads its a way for them to get on the European football scene. Whether its playing for MILLWALL or Everton or Man Utd. there is more chance of african players getting scouted for the big clubs if they are playing for tranmere than there is if they are playing for wodga wodga fc in senegal!

Who is this prick anyway?!?!

. Benni McCarthy is a perfect example of an African player who desparately wants to play in England and I have no doubt would jump at the chance to join Everton. He has played in Holland (Ajav), Spain (Celta Vigo) and Portugal (Porto) but England is where he and many others want to play.

Get the scouts to Cairo instead of raiding the Scottish / Lower divisions for inferior British players.

He almost signed for us last season agreed terms etc put Porto pulled the plug at the last minute