IGNORED

Buy Everyone!

jofanon

Newcastle have a thousand strikers now - any chance we could get Martins rather than the Yak? I think he is a much better player.

I suppose wages might be an issue.

Can we not just bombard different clubs with enquiries and see what happens? Do we have focus on individual players? It seems that we pin all our hopes on one player at a time.

Also, anyone rate Tom Huddlestone - he's not in the spurs line up today and I think he is a tidy player.

That's not what I meant. I meant why not enquire after Yak, Martins, Joey G, Saha etc. At least we aren't putting all our effort in a player that might not want to come here.

You mean like West Ham when it seemed like they were ready to sign half the Premier League earlier this summer? If you recall how ticked off everyone was getting with them after a while - and not just fans but other managers and executives too - it explains why most teams are more judicious and/or discreet about how many inquiries they make, at least publicly. It's entirely possible that we've privately asked about every striker you mentioned and been politely told that none except Yak are for sale, only the rest of those conversations never made the papers. How do we know how often these managers hide behind closed doors to discuss potential deals that never go anywhere?

Edited by JD in DC

dunno about all these cheap players, now we've got cash we should be looking for more class really, a bit of a mix, we need more to compliment arteta and aj

huddlestone would be amazing but it isn't going to happen, i would like flamini though and a few others, mainyl a strikepartner for aj and either a winger or a midfielder to play in a diamond with arteta