IGNORED

Style Of Play

Luq101

I can't help thinking that the way Moyes sets the team up to play, is nullifying our strengths. Today game was an perfect example of a dire match, but good result. Against better teams though, long aimless balls from midfield and general lack of invention may cos us dearly! A fluid passing game, with Pienaar and Arteta pulling the strings will only improve us, opposed to the clearly lacking dogs of wars in the middle (Neville/Carsley) giving the ball happily away.

I would say that if Moyes had every player within the squad fit and up to speed

in the prem then the likes of:Cahill, Pienaar, Baines, Vaughan, Jagielka and McFadden

not to mention Fernandes would be more than just looking in!

Mix that lot or two or three of them into the team were going to look better than

today.

Today was Moyes after an opening day win with what he'd got fit and ready, and he

just about pulled it off.

He can't have been pleased with all those waisted balls forward....nor can AJ.

Didn't we throw away the lead to Wigan twice at home last season?...2-2 I think!

so 2-1......thats an improvement, just.

I would say that if Moyes had every player within the squad fit and up to speed

in the prem then the likes of:Cahill, Pienaar, Baines, Vaughan, Jagielka and McFadden

not to mention Fernandes would be more than just looking in!

Mix that lot or two or three of them into the team were going to look better than

today.

Today was Moyes after an opening day win with what he'd got fit and ready, and he

just about pulled it off.

He can't have been pleased with all those waisted balls forward....nor can AJ.

Didn't we throw away the lead to Wigan twice at home last season?...2-2 I think!

so 2-1......thats an improvement, just.

I kinda agree with you, with the exception of Cahill. Cahill is a great goal scorer, but again wastes pocession a lot also. But in the end of the day, we need Fernandes asap!

if we get fernandes back and maybe a striker, even though I thought Victor done great today, we will be better as a hole team.

Carsley Stubbs & Neville hit many long balls up but when we play our best team I wouldn't see them in it.

------------------Howard-------------------

--Hibbo---Yobo--------Lescott---Baines--

-----------------Fernandes?---------------

------Arteta------Cahill-------Pienaar----

-----------Johnson---Vaughan/Vic

If we can have that team out for most of the season we will go far

I really feel for A.J I dont think he get one good pass today, well one when victor misskicked the cross and it fell to his feet in the area first half. thats the only time I can remember A.J receiving a decent pass in the final 3rd.

We did hammer them for most of it tho.