IGNORED

Stubbsy On Kirkby

CraccerC

Everton defender Alan Stubbs admits he understands the tough decision facing fans over the proposed move to a new ground in Kirkby.

The Club confirmed last month that it was to hold a ballot amongst supporters to gauge the level of support for a move away from Goodison Park and last week the ballot papers were distributed.

Stubbs acknowledges that a move away from Goodison will not please all fans but stresses that Evertonians must think about what is best for the Club.

He told evertonTV: "I know it is a bit of a sore point with the fans but I think you have really got to look what is best for the Club at this moment in time. And if that is a move to Kirkby then we have all got to get behind it one way or another.

"Myself and the players just want what is best for the Club and if that means moving to a new stadium somewhere else in the city then that is fine.

"I know we have looked at various sites but they have not been the right sites. The plans for Kirkby look fantastic and this is at the forefront of everything that is at the table at the moment."

The ballot which is being run by the ERS will close at noon on August 23 and the Liverpool-born player is excited about the benefits of what a new stadium can bring.

"The designs for the stadium look fantastic. It would give us a first class stadium with first class facilities which will bring in revenue for players," said Stubbs.

"It would be a wrench for everybody to leave Goodison. I don't want to leave Goodison but if I was given a ballot paper then reluctantly I would go for the new stadium.

"Whatever decision is made we have all got to support it but it will be in the best interests of Everton Football Club."

Source : http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/stub...h-decision.html

Everton defender Alan Stubbs admits he understands the tough decision facing fans over the proposed move to a new ground in Kirkby.

The Club confirmed last month that it was to hold a ballot amongst supporters to gauge the level of support for a move away from Goodison Park and last week the ballot papers were distributed.

Stubbs acknowledges that a move away from Goodison will not please all fans but stresses that Evertonians must think about what is best for the Club.

He told evertonTV: "I know it is a bit of a sore point with the fans but I think you have really got to look what is best for the Club at this moment in time. And if that is a move to Kirkby then we have all got to get behind it one way or another.

"Myself and the players just want what is best for the Club and if that means moving to a new stadium somewhere else in the city then that is fine.

"I know we have looked at various sites but they have not been the right sites. The plans for Kirkby look fantastic and this is at the forefront of everything that is at the table at the moment."

The ballot which is being run by the ERS will close at noon on August 23 and the Liverpool-born player is excited about the benefits of what a new stadium can bring.

"The designs for the stadium look fantastic. It would give us a first class stadium with first class facilities which will bring in revenue for players," said Stubbs.

"It would be a wrench for everybody to leave Goodison. I don't want to leave Goodison but if I was given a ballot paper then reluctantly I would go for the new stadium.

"Whatever decision is made we have all got to support it but it will be in the best interests of Everton Football Club."

Source : http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/stub...h-decision.html

More brainwashing propaganda released by the Club. The very reason I'm voting 'No' is because I feel they're trying to bully the fans into a Yes vote.

Agree with Stubbs that a new ground is best for the Club but a new ground outside the city? it's a different question!

the other players statements on the matter i'll take as spin, but stubbsy is one of us. most of the others wont give a crap if we move, if we make more profit they get more wages. stubbsy wont be playing when any new stadium opens, i really hope his words are geniune and the club havent bullied him into this.