IGNORED

Back From The Game....

jaz1409

Hi new poster here, just got back from the game and thought you might want to hear my thoughts.

First of all, player ratings:

Howard - 7 Not much to do.

Hibbert - 6 - a solid enough game with one good cross.

Lescott - 8 - calmness personified.

Stubbs - 6 - looked a little exposed by Doyle.

Valente - 5 - too slow, way off the pace.

Osman - 6 - ineffectual

Arteta - 6 - not on his game, a shame

Carsley - 6 - ok in the tackle, distribution tidy but he didn't offer anything going forward.

Neville - 7 - solid enough

Anichebe - 5 - a lot to ask of the lad to be first choice, his touch was poor and he didn't hold the ball up, we need the Yak.

Johnson - 7 - unlucky to hit the post, had no joy against the physical Bikey.

Subs:

Jags - ok when he came on

McFadden - we did much better when he came on.

Pienaar - Not impressed, too lightweight.

Overall I thought that we looked the much better side and clearly had better quality individuals than Reading. However, they were very physical and our front line couldn't cope. We had no cutting edge today largely due to Arteta's poor performance. Anichebe up front was very poor in my opinion, the Yak cannot get here quick enough. Valente was also very poor and showed himself to be a bit of a liability at the back. However, when Baines comes in the problem will be solved.

I also thought that we needed something else in midfield because as we saw today we cannot rely solely on Arteta. If Fernandes comes in then so much the better, I would also like to see Lucho Gonzalez come in as we need some more creativity. Pinenaar did not impress me at all, he looked lightweight.

Anyways, not to worry I'm sure Moyes will sort it out, on another day we would have got at least a point.

Hi new poster here, just got back from the game and thought you might want to hear my thoughts.

First of all, player ratings:

Howard - 7 Not much to do.

Hibbert - 6 - a solid enough game with one good cross.

Lescott - 8 - calmness personified.

Stubbs - 6 - looked a little exposed by Doyle.

Valente - 5 - too slow, way off the pace.

Osman - 6 - ineffectual

Arteta - 6 - not on his game, a shame

Carsley - 6 - ok in the tackle, distribution tidy but he didn't offer anything going forward.

Neville - 7 - solid enough

Anichebe - 5 - a lot to ask of the lad to be first choice, his touch was poor and he didn't hold the ball up, we need the Yak.

Johnson - 7 - unlucky to hit the post, had no joy against the physical Bikey.

Subs:

Jags - ok when he came on

McFadden - we did much better when he came on.

Pienaar - Not impressed, too lightweight.

Overall I thought that we looked the much better side and clearly had better quality individuals than Reading. However, they were very physical and our front line couldn't cope. We had no cutting edge today largely due to Arteta's poor performance. Anichebe up front was very poor in my opinion, the Yak cannot get here quick enough. Valente was also very poor and showed himself to be a bit of a liability at the back. However, when Baines comes in the problem will be solved.

I also thought that we needed something else in midfield because as we saw today we cannot rely solely on Arteta. If Fernandes comes in then so much the better, I would also like to see Lucho Gonzalez come in as we need some more creativity. Pinenaar did not impress me at all, he looked lightweight.

Anyways, not to worry I'm sure Moyes will sort it out, on another day we would have got at least a point.

Yeh ok i quite agree Vic is far from capeable ov playin at our level but a few fellow Evertonians said pienaar dident play 2 bad when he came on.

If DM doesent play Mc Fadden From the start against Blackburn he must be crazy!

+++++What was the atmosphere like there???

Yeh ok i quite agree Vic is far from capeable ov playin at our level but a few fellow Evertonians said pienaar dident play 2 bad when he came on.

If DM doesent play Mc Fadden From the start against Blackburn he must be crazy!

+++++What was the atmosphere like there???

The atmosphere was quite good to begin with, we went a bit quiet after the goal. The Reading fans started up some of their own 'hilarious' chants, mainly against our players. May have been a bit harsh on Pienaar just thought he got knocked off the ball a bit easily. I maybe was expecting a bit more from a player who has got such a good reputation.

Also was nice to see Baines out there warming up, he looked like he was striking the ball pretty cleanly in the shooting practice in the warm up