IGNORED

Is Yak The Missing Link?

BlueBri

Does anyone else out there hope the Yakuba signing falls through. I think he is a brilliant player, but £10million+, c'mon. He's worth no more than £6 million surely, even at our inflated Premiership prices. Are Everton's options really that limited?? There has to be more talent worthy of a blue shirt out there. What about a cheeky bid for Owen, say??? I'm starting to think that the European scouts are not as productive as maybe they should be. I just know there has to be a top player floating around in the European bargain drawer, is it a case of not looking hard enough or is there really no-one else out there. Moysey has money and we know he can use it wisely, why break the habit now????

Edited by BlueBri

i've stayed out of most Yak discussions, but I really do think he's the nuts - great goalscoring record, perfect foil potentially for AJ

If we signed Fernandes and Yakubu, I think we would do well in the UEFA Cup and League this year. without both I think we'll not make much progression at all.

simple as that.

couldnt agree more with romeny. as soon as u wrote hes not worth 6m....nugent went for that and was only a championship player. yak has been in the prem for 4 years min, and been top scorer at pretty much every club he has been at, scoring 15 goals atleast a season. imagin having an extra 15 goals last season!

i personally think 12.5 is the top price for him, anymore is a no no. but after darren bent going to spurs for 17m...think about it guys

Point conceded about Yaks value, that was just a frustrated dig at the overinflation of prices due to media intervention etc. However, everyone has made good points about his ability, as you can read, I do like the player and think he is fantastic. The point of the thread though, was to discuss whether there were any other options out there worth a gamble on. We could get a lot more player for our money abroad, and I would not be so worried about risking a lacklustre european considering the strong british contigent we now have. Any player that now sign for us will have to work their socks off just to get on the bench. Even Yakubu would face stern competition from the young boys if his work rate didn't come up to scrutiny. So come on lads, who else is out there, because time is short and 'Boro are inflating the price and the likes of City are now watching.

we need a player like yak tho. defo etc are to simular to vaughen and AJ, yak gives us that something different. someone to fight off the defenders to get the space for aj or jv to run into. flick the ball on, and also be there when the other two pull out wide to create the space for him in the middle. i cant think of anyone who is of the simular mould avalible, who can score the goals he does, for that price.

Yak is only worth what a club or coubs are willing to pay for him.

If yak wants to leave and no one will offer the 12m they after then he will either stay or they will drop the price.

If Everton are going to offer 11m for him and they want 12 whats the difference of an extra 1m if going to offer the 11m

Its a bit different if only value someone at 1m and they want 2m as its double the price but the increase of 1m from 11m to 12m is small in terms or price increase in %.

Back to the point. No I don't think that Yak is worth 12m but then again I don't think a lot of the players that go for there fee is correct.

Prices have increased almost as quick as house prices have increase.

if he goes and scores 20 goals this season and forms a good partnership with AJ and he also scores 20 and we finish in the top 4 and win what ever cups then it has been a worth wide investment.

Can't say if someone is value for money until we have seen him play for our team.

i thought that Beattie was good value for money at £6m but it turned out it was not

only Henry has scored more goals in the Premiership in the last 5 years than Yakkubu.

he consistantly scores goals for a very average Boro side each season and did similar at Pompy.

He's played a couple of seasons successfully in the Uefa cup.

less than 12 million is a snip as far as i'm concerned and I think he well could be a missing link, he's a differnet kind of player to Johnson and together they could work brilliantly. i certainly hope they do!

my only possible downside is he will be off to the african nations cup, but that's the only reason i'm thinking of not backing him for top premiership goal scorer this season!

Point conceded about Yaks value, that was just a frustrated dig at the overinflation of prices due to media intervention etc. However, everyone has made good points about his ability, as you can read, I do like the player and think he is fantastic. The point of the thread though, was to discuss whether there were any other options out there worth a gamble on. We could get a lot more player for our money abroad, and I would not be so worried about risking a lacklustre european considering the strong british contigent we now have. Any player that now sign for us will have to work their socks off just to get on the bench. Even Yakubu would face stern competition from the young boys if his work rate didn't come up to scrutiny. So come on lads, who else is out there, because time is short and 'Boro are inflating the price and the likes of City are now watching.

Yakubu knows the english game, is used to it, we sign a european forward it may take time for him to get used to the way the game is played here / they may not cut it. With yakubu we know he c an play at this level. Also i feel the 11mil for him is a good price for a proven goalscorer. as someone else has mentioned Bent went for 17mil so 11.5 for a higher goal scorer is a snip.

I have heard some say he is a bit lazy, but as long as hes in the right place at the right time to knock a few in I'm prepared to overlook that flaw. Besides, if he plays alongside Andy Johnson, AJ will do enough running for both of 'em. I'd be surprised if he dont end up being our top goalscorer this season. The only one we've got that I can see getting over 20 per season (sorry AJ).

Yakubu, it seems a lot of people think he's lazy!....Well yes he does at times drift out

of a game and looks a bit uninterested.BUT he does score goals at the top level.

Beattie at times played at 100 miles an hour,chased every ball and even once ran

right through the back of a Chelsea player....and didn't score many goals.

My point is maybe putting in 75% effort and scoring is better than 110% and not!

Anichebe will learn some good things from Yakubu.In a couple of years time opponents

wont know what hit them when Yakubu and Anichebe are on the pitch at the same

time.

thing that gets me is that you calling yakubu fat!

i was jus wondering if you have actually seen adriano in the last few years??

but if your going to say that they are both jus as bad in wieght, my other argument would be at least yakubu has been scoring in the last few years!!

jus shows how good adriano is when they let him finish the italian league early this year cas he hadnt scored for somethin of about 4-5 months!

AJ will do most of the runnin and you never know maybe the hard workin aspect is something moyes can add to his game!!!!